Diablo® III

Does anyone else hate the login screen?

I can't stand it.

The music is way too intense for a Diablo game, and completely unfitting for a login screen. It's literally the opposite of these calming and memorable pieces from the Diablo 1 and 2 title screens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DWsH66C2Ag or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2_aQtyekw

And the Act 1 scenery used as a background is pretty lame, and in my opinion, lazy.
Reply Quote
There is music in this game? Never knew.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, D3 has no climate in comparison with 2 earlier versions. This is mass production blizzard new gamestyle graphic design based on successful game series.

I do agree with you.
Reply Quote
I hate the login screen because the "cinematics" offered up are the crappy paper looking ones and not the CGI ones. Still don't know where to find those.
Reply Quote
View profile
d1 i dont remember login music at all...
d2 vanilla had very good login music...
the expansion music does not rank very high to me, that went downhill

but yeah, too upbeat for diablo music. it hurts my ears in the morning :P.
Reply Quote
Haha that's funny. Every time I log-in, I always think the same thing, the music is too loud and does not reflect the game correctly, the backround being that of act1 is stupid, even the way it's set up is dumb (it's set up almost exactly like Wow). Even though i'm only at the log in for afew seconds, I still would like to see a well put together and new (not just the Wow log in sceen) screen.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 06:49 AMPosted by vexorian
It is just music. I mean, really.

It's music that I have to hear every time I want to play without completely muting my sound. But I do anyway to spare me from the ear bleeding DUN DUNN DUN DUN DUNN DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN.

Also, if you think music isn't a major part of the game, then I don't want you near a development team ever.
Reply Quote
I agree with this. But actually there are 2 tracks that it chooses- one of them is acceptable, but the other one is way too loud and blaring when the game starts. It might be okay if it built up to that point, but it's starts out at the peak of the crescendo and is annoying.

Actually I don't even like that track when it plays in the game, it seems to just randomly start playing on bridges in Act 4 Silver Spire, and then when you get to the end of the bridge it goes back to whatever it was playing before. Both of the transitions are abrupt, and for a track which is abrupt in it's presentation in the first place it is just very annoying.

11/17/2012 06:29 AMPosted by mteriba
I hate the login screen because the "cinematics" offered up are the crappy paper looking ones and not the CGI ones. Still don't know where to find those.

They were removed in one of the patches, not sure which one. They used to have the CGI cinematics in the list but not anymore.
Edited by Polaris#1903 on 11/17/2012 7:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 06:49 AMPosted by vexorian
It is just music. I mean, really.

Music to me is one of the most defining parts about a game and my memories of it. It is a very important aspect for me, and D3 really failed in this area.

Very few titles can claim to have the music or atmosphere of D1.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 07:03 AMPosted by sound
Also, if you think music isn't a major part of the game, then I don't want you near a development team ever.

Well, if he is THE vexorian, then it might not be too bad having him on a development team since he was one of the most influential people for custom WC3 maps.

Just make sure he has no decision on music in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]