Diablo® III

2H vs. 1H + Source

I'm currently using a 2H(Skorn) and its hard for me to believe that I would get much benefit from switching to a 1H(Echoing Fury?) + Source(Triumvirate).

Using a DPS calculator(D3up.com), I would have to put in some godly numbers to get it to outperform my Skorn. I bought this Skorn for about 230m and to get similar numbers from a 1H + Source would cost well over 1b.

Is there something I'm missing? Should I make getting a 1H + Source my goal?
Edited by cgcreator#6593 on 11/18/2012 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
In general a 1h+OH will yield higher dps than a 2h, but your 2h is pretty ungodly for dps, so I'm not suprised that it would be hard to find something to match. Just using my stats to compare, your 2h is 23k dps higher than my 1080+socket wand plus my 220 average damage triumvirate. If I had a 1200 dps wand with 11 IAS and socket, it would about match your skorn, but you have more crit than me so you're getting more from the extra crit damage, so I'm guessing finding a fast 1h with that high damage, socket, and extra crit damage, int, or both would cost a ton.

So it sounds like you're not missing anything and your 2h really is just that good.
Reply Quote
Well you have no Life steal and I would do about 20% less DPS with that Skorn.

That said you would have to spend 2 B or so to equal that weapon. Skorns are by far the best weapon 95% of the Time Bang for your buck equal to nothing so if money is no object 1H+source, for 230m I would buy your Skorn in a heartbeat just to try it out lol
Reply Quote

That said you would have to spend 2 B or so to equal that weapon. Skorns are by far the best weapon 95% of the Time Bang for your buck equal to nothing so if money is no object 1H+source, for 230m I would buy your Skorn in a heartbeat just to try it out lol

You got really good weapon and source. Did those cost over 2b?
Reply Quote
about 1.4 B total At the time not sure if they gained or lost value in the last 2 months
Reply Quote
Probably not lost. I used to look for trium upgrade all the time cuz it's so cheap but I've never seen trium on AH that would give more dps than yours. And EF it's hard to say but probably not lost cuz I don't know how you bought it but for 2 months ago I think u got really good deal. So jelly i want LS OS EF too but too expensive.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Lilspark

I have a 1425DPS + 5.7LS Skorn I swap in for reflect damage mobs, but i loose about 40k DPS.
http://d3up.com/i/579359

When I simulate your EF and Source it says I'd gain about 2k DPS which isn't bad considering you have LS to boot.

If I were to swap the LS for 50% CD I'd gain 40k DPS.

These seem like reasonable numbers to shoot for since you seem to be ahead of me on both fronts.
Edited by cgcreator#6593 on 11/18/2012 9:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]