Diablo® III

Virgin Mobile and SMS protect

90 Undead Rogue
Yes, it is TECHNICALLY a prepaid phone but come on. You set up monthly payments and Virgin has your phone linked to your name and address and card so why the hell cant you SMS protect without paying stupid amounts for a contract plan?

Come on Blizzard, I didn't know Sprint had you in their pocket.
Reply Quote
I have a friend who works internally for verizon. They now have a system in place that companies can put in place so when you call that companies' customer service and they put you on hold, they can see if its a Verizon cell phone number. The company then gets kick backs and incentives from Verizon for keeping you on hold.
Reply Quote
Ive had my phone and number for almost 10 years with Virgin mobile... have several hundred dollar balance. Ridiculous that I can't have the authenticator sent. I am not buying or carrying around that kiddy keychain thing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Well I don't know about the authenticator, I have an android virgin mobile phone so I use the app... But there's a point too, why is it "safe" for the authenticator and not for sms protect? It really makes no sense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Some blue word on this would be nice. Why do they still count it as a prepaid phone when you have an account with the company with all your card info on it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Still no response, why is this not a bigger issue. I want to use the RMAH cause places have started taking paypal money right at the card scanner around here... but I cant use sms protect. This is seriously bothering me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Keeping this up until a blue confirms or denies action on this.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Gaoth,

It's not a Technical Support issue we can do anything about in here. I suggest you post over in the General Discussion forum as what you're asking for is a policy change.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354739/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]