Diablo® III

Question regarding this amulet and avg dmg

Hi, so a friend of mine has these two amulets..

http://prntscr.com/k2te2

We test em in-game, along with other friends and the Sinister Gorget gives us more dps compared to the other one. We're all a bit confused regarding this one, so I turn to the forums to ask for answers.. Thanks in advance to my fellow gamers!
Reply Quote
lol are they WD/Wiz?
Reply Quote
What, no, everyone tested em. I'm a Monk, guy who owns it is a DH. About 6 people tested em, DH's, barb, Wiz, WD..

We're all just curious as to how it actually works, so if anyone could give an insight into this, I would appreciate it..
Edited by Sora#1979 on 11/19/2012 3:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
their weapons may play a factor. the weapon aspd makes for crazy magic if anything at all.

That or what prov said, wd/wz
Reply Quote
Well it explains why the Wiz and WD are seeing the discrepancy

no idea why barb dh or monk are seeing it as coming out more.

edit:

the min damage is added to your weapons minimum damage and your maximum is added to your weapons maximum damage.

I'm clocking The Scorn at +46 dps on weapon while Sinister Gorget is coming in at +41 dps
Edited by Providence#1541 on 11/19/2012 3:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just tried it without weapons, tried it with a signet, hfr, and gloves on..Yielding same results..

their weapons may play a factor. the weapon aspd makes for crazy magic if anything at all.

That or what prov said, wd/wz

Eto yung na post sa FB sa Diablo 3 Philippines.. >.<
Reply Quote

edit:

the min damage is added to your weapons minimum damage and your maximum is added to your weapons maximum damage.

I'm clocking The Scorn at +46 dps on weapon while Sinister Gorget is coming in at +41 dps

This is what's funny, most of us, if not all plugged the numbers into the DPS calculator, and, The Scorn gives us more DPS through the calculator, but once you actually wear it in game...It's weird..It's the other way around.
Edited by Sora#1979 on 11/19/2012 3:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
^figured. hahahaha
Reply Quote

edit:

This is what's funny, most of us, if not all plugged the numbers into the DPS calculator, and, The Scorn gives us more DPS through the calculator, but once you actually wear it in game...It's weird..It's the other way around.

yea that is strange. I wonder if it's a calculation error. if you have someone who has both, have them put on both at the same time to see which yields higher results
Reply Quote
Yea I did borrow it and tried it in-game, Sinister Gorget is acting sinister-like.. >.>

Meh whatever, I hope Blizz is aware of this error or something.

Thanks for your input. :D
Edited by Sora#1979 on 11/19/2012 3:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
Theres a span of 30 damage for the left ammy, and only 26 damage for the right ammy.
They both average at 46 DPS, but since the gap is narrower on the right ammy, the chances of hitting the 46 is slightly higher than the left one, yielding a slightly higher average DPS.

The difference between the two has to be pretty close, no?
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 11/19/2012 3:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Theres a span of 30 damage for the left ammy, and only 26 damage for the right ammy.
They both average at 46 DPS, but since the gap is narrower on the right ammy, the chances of hitting the 46 is slightly higher than the left one, yielding a slightly higher average DPS.

how are you getting the right ammy at 46 dps?

26+54 = 80 / 2 = 40
Reply Quote

26+54 = 80 / 2 = 40

LOLz, damn tried changing it before it was caught. Its 5 am here:P
Yeah i butchered the math, so now im a bit confused as well.
Reply Quote

26+54 = 80 / 2 = 40

LOLz, damn tried changing it before it was caught. Its 5 am here:P
Yeah i butchered the math, so now im a bit confused as well.

haha yea its 3:30 here :p.

Totally at a loss for this one myself. There's gotta be something with the min-max damage that we dont know about lol
Reply Quote
The difference is very close yes, when I only had 2 rings and gloves equipped and nothing else.
With more equipped items, of course the Sinister Gorget is inflated a lot more, with full gear, it's about a 2k dps increase..
Reply Quote
i give up :P
The right one costs more, thats why:)

Wait 2k difference fully geared? i was expecting like less than 500 difference, wow. subbed in here
Edited by RagingKoala#1984 on 11/19/2012 3:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
i give up :P
The right one costs more, thats why:)

ROFL! That's what we said..XD
And it's obviously a higher ilvl..LOL!
Reply Quote
The difference is very close yes, when I only had 2 rings and gloves equipped and nothing else.
With more equipped items, of course the Sinister Gorget is inflated a lot more, with full gear, it's about a 2k dps increase..

you know its quite possible that the 9.5% crit is a display issue.

I remember hearing somewhere that the percents don't entirely display accurately and that they do a bit of rounding, so that 9.5% being displayed might not actually be the correct number internally
Reply Quote
Hmmm, never heard about that issue before, and if so..then my god I'm sorry for the people who upgraded and chose a different ring or an amulet over something else cause they compared em through the DPS calculator. :P

Best way to "try" things out is to link it to your character in game, I guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]