Diablo® III

Major Lag! O Blizzard, please hear our cries!

warning : lag rant ( you've been warned ) edit : have added trace route data further down the thread

We were all jumping with eager anticipation when Blizzard finally announced the release of D3, after the last couple of years they were on a roll, and this one promised many shinies indeed ... problem being I sometimes need to teleport to town and back just to pick them up ...

I know many reading this already have either posted threads or replied to one, or if not are being plagued by some kind of lag / latency / ping / rubberbanding / etc ...

The game has had issues with lag for a long time, but these last couple of weeks has made it all but unplayable. And this is just mentioning the single player game, because if you attempt to join in with a mate you may wish you had your mic on mute ...

I was actually naive enough I could make a sum up of the threads out there on this but after 2 pages :

Graphic lag issues since last week
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004036344

Help, Lots of lag this past week!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179908563

Framerate drops in Maghda fight
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893550278

Diablo 3 is the high latency gonna be fixed
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151267713

Constant Lag Spikes
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6489929733

horrible ping
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179908499

Glitchy Gameplay
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179988293

Game is unplayable
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7179068054

I gave up ... i still had 688 to go, and many of these threads are really long.

I see several threads with people questioning their system maybe not being able to handle the game, many with people trying all sorts of crazy solutions ( some creative others downright beside the point, but I guess all of it goes when a person gets desperate ) - jeez, there are even sites now offering software that "cleans up" your system and improves Diablo 3 latency issues. Honestly ?!?

For an on-line game enabling the creation of Hardcore characters, it takes some stones. If it was the software geek down the road hosting the game, I could understand the flaws and problems faced with that, but Blizzard ?!?
D2 was realeased in 2000, D2LOD in 2001 ... WoW in 2004, they had latency issues and resolved them after some months, but I'd hoped they had learned the lesson and made this new title a little tougher.

I have also tried it all, and happened to be upgrading my PC in the process, so i actually went through all the kit, bit by bit, untill i had a brand new system, including the case. Even changed house so even the ISP is another. In my current place I am connected to the internet via the ISP we all use, and also have a mobile broadband dongle which I sometimes switch to. So there is nothing they can say that doesn't sound like the "Going-Through-The-Motions-Troubleshooter" and "Hope-They-Give-Up" storyline ...

How about giving us a little tick box to enable off-line gaming in single player ?
You know ? Lag free !

I could even live without the auction house for a couple days if it meant I could actually get home and play the game I paid for without making (yet) another attempt, then giving up even more stressed then when I got home from work.

Oohh, RM auction house. I don't even want to go down that road ... too many bots and then there's the whole percentage thing.

The point I want to make here is that Blizzard should make a formal statement to those who subscribe their products about what is going on, what they are doing about it, and if they foresee any solutions in the near future.

Oh Blizzard hear our cries !

Give us link on the loader box showing you actually have a face and are dealing with it.
Show us you care, and not just "copy/pasting" basic troubleshooting solutions on the forums.

Peace ! And hope to one day come back and mock this post ...

edit : have added trace route data further down the thread
Edited by Maraghai#2970 on 11/21/2012 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
The frustrating part for me is the not knowing if they are even working on this issue or if they just are saying that it is a small percentage and ignoring us or assuming that it is our computer.
I too have tried every thing I could find here and on the web, nothing has worked.

I did have the issue with needing to reduce the GPU clock to below factory levels by 10% and that did fix the driver resets. THis lag or whatever it is is NOT that issue.

I get a game freeze whenever a blue shows up that lasts until they or I am dead.
Reply Quote
They won't do nothing until people start leaving this game and go "Oh no, we're losing players our money!". /Sigh/ Been hearing a lot of bad reviews on Blizzard, wonder if they will last any longer anymore, or they just completely gave up on their own self. lol I know its hard on the technicians but to not hear a response or update, just is enough to let us know; they don't care.
Reply Quote
Blizzard, do you see? do you see what gamers like us are going through?
we love this game so much, and have so much lag that we literally tried everything on our end.
i would upgrade my computer as well, but i use a MacBook Air, cannot be upgraded like that. plus it doesn't even need any upgrades, it meets the recommended requirements and more..
i changed my ISP, bought a whole new WiFi just to play with game, i changed my location to several different locations to see if where i am affects the gameplay. I live in Kuwait and use the US server, i thought that may be the cause, so i tried the other 2 servers, still the same lag.
i've tried literally everything i can think of, and everything i saw on the internet..

And according to this thread and hundreds of others, I'm not the only one with this lag.

Do you see Blizzard?!

Blizzard worked on this game for 12 years, you'd think they would fix issues like this.
or at least try, or at least tell us and explain that they can't, or too lazy.
12 damn years for what?
what kills me is to know that we're all left for hangers with question marks written and tattoo'd on our heads..
they should at least give us some feedback, since we bother to give them ours.

Nice work Blizzard, you spent 12 years of your life on something that now hundreds of people around the world who have been patiently awaiting it, cannot play it.

EDIT: spelling correction.
Edited by SharekhQ8#2287 on 11/19/2012 9:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5642269402?page=1
fhis finally fixed it for me!
Reply Quote
@ PoolQ

Happy to hear it ! Hopefully others with those kind of issues will get some insight ( and many have according to the thread )

Thing is though, this is not just about pushing deadlines and making the game available before it's ready ( seems a great many software companies do this anyway, so i guess the vast majority doesn't realize there are patches / upgrades / tweaks / bugfixes ... a week after launch ). In your case it's a HD access issue, and it's not like you have an exotic piece of equipment ... I mean ... don't we all ?

In my case and many people on here, since many have higher spec gear than mine, and many just have it since it's slowly being implemented is ... I have a Solid State drive ( well, 2 ) so access times should not, and is not, what is bogging us down.

And while I am on this, I do give the tech guys credit on here. They either do make an honest effort ( about attempting to resolve issues beyond their control ) or they blow some dust in our eyes because higher powers juggle the strings ...

It's server issues, and someone should step up.
Reply Quote
(from my other post)
This is the most relevant topic I have found on the forums (from June 2012):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5837015026

It seems like it's a problem with AT&T Enhanced Network Services (attens). The problematic attens host is 12.130.244.193 and is likely co-located with Blizzard's servers in San Diego. Unfortunately, there are no scheduled maintenances in attens San Diego according to this page:
http://www.attens.com/customers/outages.shtml

The only way I see this getting resolved is if Blizzard puts pressure on AT&T if they haven't already done so.
Reply Quote
i shouldnt have bought this game. i enjoyed playing for almost 1 month. Since last week after the maintenance im having a latency of 800 - 2000++.. its awalys on RED sometimes YELLOW. lag, delay, rubberbanding whatsoever.. my other online games run smoothly only this diablo 3 is having an issue. i uninstall this game already. lots of threads about lag issues but until now no response from the GREAT BLIZZARD.
Reply Quote
yes having 800ms most of the time.... When can Blizzard fixed this.....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh wow, I thought it was just me with the lag issue because I got a new graphics card and just hadn't set it to the proper settings. I'd rather like to play some more D3... but I'm not enjoying dying to lag.
Reply Quote
Just to prove my point, and going by what I said that everything on my system has been replaced over the past couple of months :

Tracing route to 213-155-155-233.customer.teliacarrier.com [213.155.155.233]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms BTHomeHub.home [192.168.1.254]
2 9 ms 10 ms 8 ms 217.32.146.162
3 8 ms 15 ms 11 ms 217.32.146.206
4 10 ms 10 ms 9 ms 213.120.177.106
5 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 217.41.168.227
6 9 ms 10 ms 9 ms 217.41.168.109
7 9 ms 8 ms 11 ms 109.159.249.196
8 13 ms 15 ms 15 ms core2-te0-15-0-6.faraday.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.249.161]
9 11 ms 16 ms 14 ms host213-121-193-56.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.193.56]
10 27 ms 31 ms 26 ms core2-pos9-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [194.74.65.118]
11 50 ms 39 ms 10 ms t2as2-tge1-4.uk-lon1.eu.bt.net [166.49.214.129]
12 10 ms 12 ms 10 ms 166-49-211-34.eu.bt.net [166.49.211.34]
13 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms ldn-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.246.114]
14 46 ms 46 ms 43 ms adm-bb3-link.telia.net [80.91.245.225]
15 45 ms 42 ms 44 ms adm-b5-link.telia.net [80.91.253.171]
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 *

Certainly no issues there up until it reaches the server , and yet while this was running I took a screenshot ( 1190 msec ) :

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/71402265/Latency.png

which is by far not the worse I've had ( regularly )
Reply Quote
I just bought the game and I've been experiencing some bad lag...really kind of a bummer when it's this early in the game. I played in beta and never had lag this bad.
Reply Quote
Done with the game starting today. Can't play with my friends since i freeze every second. I'm done. Blizz support are a bunch of bums.
Reply Quote
Rofl@ people who don't live in the US..using OUR servers and complaining about lag. Imagine that, using a server nowhere near you and getting lag.
Reply Quote
How about giving us a little tick box to enable off-line gaming in single player ?
You know ? Lag free !

This is dumb for several reasons, the most prominent being the ability to hack offline data. There is no way to securely transfer offline data into the online servers whilst ensuring all the data is legit. If you ever played d2 you would know about the whole closed vs open battle.net system they had set up.

I do support your cause, however, I'm completely unable to join a 4p party since if i do my latency suddenly spikes to 2000ms and stays there for the duration of the game. How quaint.
Edited by ViM#1287 on 11/22/2012 1:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]