Diablo® III

It takes longer to find the A2 keywarden than

to get 5nv. On average.

Is this normal?
Reply Quote
I hate farming for A2 keys, I usually do the Black Canyon Mines (2-4 elites there) then head to the Dahlgur Oasis for the rest, often I find enough elites for 5 stacks before the warden but if not he's easy to avoid and run from, and having two waypoints is a big help too.
Reply Quote
I just go straight to the Oasis. I know the layout very well, and 5 stacks is guaranteed there using my route. The A1 keywarden though, I hate that one the most. Getting 5 stacks there is a crapshoot and the keywarden can be all over the place. At least on A2 I can reasonably predict where he is.
Reply Quote
Start your game and run to the Vault of the Assassin. Even if you get your 5 stacks looking for it, make it into the vault before you go after the Key Warden.

After you kill the Warden, and start the game over, you will be in the Vault and should be able to get your 5 stacks really fast every time. This should speed up your farming in Act 2.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:21 PMPosted by speedforce
I just go straight to the Oasis. I know the layout very well, and 5 stacks is guaranteed there using my route. The A1 keywarden though, I hate that one the most. Getting 5 stacks there is a crapshoot and the keywarden can be all over the place. At least on A2 I can reasonably predict where he is.

Act 1 is easy if you start in the Festering Woods... it's generally good for 4 or 5 stacks. If you need the last, you can head to Leoric's Manner run it backwards to get the elites by the front door.
Reply Quote
Search the oasis, using the path WP. If you see the warden, tele out, go to the sewers, get some stacks, go to alcarnus if needed, and finally Black canyon mines if needed (theres 80% of the time an elite within sight from the WP)
Take WPs, or use map portals (end of the sewers, up that ladder) to go back to town, so your leaving your warden TP alone for quick access.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:21 PMPosted by speedforce

THanks for the info.

Are there frequent spawning spots ? killing more elite packs are generally ok for me (more loots = more chances at legendaries dropping). i play 2 - 3 hrs a day, its frustrating to run around the Oasis and only finding the keywarden at the last spot of the map you clear.
Reply Quote
Start your game and run to the Vault of the Assassin. Even if you get your 5 stacks looking for it, make it into the vault before you go after the Key Warden.

After you kill the Warden, and start the game over, you will be in the Vault and should be able to get your 5 stacks really fast every time. This should speed up your farming in Act 2.

I do the same too. I'd recommend OP to try this.
Reply Quote
Black canyone 2-4 elites
Road to alc 1-2 elites
If you need another add sewers
Usually find 1-3 elites before warden anyway.

Just between black canyon and raod you can get 5 stacks and not even bother with sewer half the times.
Reply Quote
For act2 I usually just get 2 or 3 nv then head off to Oasis. By the time I find the warden I would bump into enough elite to get 5nv.
Reply Quote
I just go straight to the Oasis. I know the layout very well, and 5 stacks is guaranteed there using my route.

And if I don't get 5 stacks by the time I find him, there's guaranteed 2 elites in black canyon/alcarnus, up to 5 stacks there though.
Reply Quote
oasis has events and elites to complete, sokahr is rather passive and if you locate him first he will not chase you once you keep a certain distance

a3 is by far the easiest and most linear and will come easy because everyone would be doing alkaizer runs, just slot in stonefort as the last path

a1 is a pita since fields of misery is a misery to explore, but you will get a1 keys easily while ubering

so yes a2 seems out of place
Edited by Hak#1935 on 11/19/2012 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
LOL, such a newbie complaint. If you are having a hard time find A2 Key, I suggest you get yourself a 12% item (Speed) and run through the map once so you know the spots. Its like this, when waldo first spotted, he goes to another hiding spot such as behind the ice-cream truck with the kids infront of him.

Learn to play boy, one day you will stop dying then you'll realize the MP lvl you are playing on is really on "Amateur" difficulty.
Reply Quote
LOL, such a newbie complaint. If you are having a hard time find A2 Key, I suggest you get yourself a 12% item (Speed) and run through the map once so you know the spots. Its like this, when waldo first spotted, he goes to another hiding spot such as behind the ice-cream truck with the kids infront of him. Learn to play boy, one day you will stop dying then you'll realize the MP lvl you are playing on is really on "Amateur" difficulty.

the cyclones that spawn off my sweeping wind crit has enough dam to 1-hit you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]