Diablo® III

need help with monk

View profile
i really like my monk but i am having issues with it.
i am trying to increase my dps but when i do so i am losing resists.

i am frequently dying to damage over time mobs.
i know my armor is too low but i don't know how to increase it without putting my shield back on. none of my skills increase armor...

i can only upgrade items 1 at a time and i can only spend about 2 mill per item.
i can clear mp 3 but i am having trouble with mp 4.

i am currently bidding a cindercoat to try to bring my resists back up.
and im trying to increase my attack speed (just got lacuni's)

should i try to save up for a socketed shenlong? or what? i really don't want to have to drop overawe for hard target.
Reply Quote
more dex on your belt, shoulders, and bracers. more crit damage on your weapons. ive gotten to the point where i dont worry so much about main stats on weapons and look for crit damage, socket, and high sustain. dex is a bonus here. gloves need trifecta or at least higher crit chance if that is all thats on there.

LS isnt doing much for you with 35k dps, maybe look to dropping that until its at least 80k

also 3 sockets on chest and upgrade those gems good sir
Edited by DarkxLord#1413 on 11/19/2012 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
look at my gear, and look at yours. all rares cept 1 legendary which was couple mil at most. i don't know how much you spent on your set pieces, but you get a lot more for your bang upgrading a lot of different armor/weapon pieces instead of spending all your fortune on one piece at a time.

its just about using your G wisely for best bang for gold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obv47i7GP3M&feature=g-u-u

not me, but one of the few youtubers i watch for D3
Reply Quote
50-60k dps generally is where LS starts overtaking LoH depending on how much is stacked.

I assume your trying to up you paragon lvl quick since you have that HF ring on. It is holding back your dps a bit though by having no crit chance.

Easiest DPS fix
high +crit chance(40%+)
High +crit damage(300%+)

In the end, your going to want lifesteal and attack speed as high as possible as well so keep that in mind and do not get slow weapons(leaning that the hard way myself) 1.4 base attack speed minimum IMO. Dark is correct, on weapons main stat takes a back seat after all of that and as it puts a giant multiplier on the cost I'd forget about it for now.

You can often find good deals on 1h weapons with the following stats with nothing else.

Attack speed 1.4
DPS 800+
Crit damage 80%+
Lifesteal 2.8%+
Socket

(By good deal I mean 4-10 million)

All other gear needs dex, crit chance and resists as primary and crit damage, attack speed and armor as secondary IMO
Reply Quote
View profile
50-60k dps generally is where LS starts overtaking LoH depending on how much is stacked.

I assume your trying to up you paragon lvl quick since you have that HF ring on. It is holding back your dps a bit though by having no crit chance.

Easiest DPS fix
high +crit chance(40%+)
High +crit damage(300%+)

In the end, your going to want lifesteal and attack speed as high as possible as well so keep that in mind and do not get slow weapons(leaning that the hard way myself) 1.4 base attack speed minimum IMO. Dark is correct, on weapons main stat takes a back seat after all of that and as it puts a giant multiplier on the cost I'd forget about it for now.

You can often find good deals on 1h weapons with the following stats with nothing else.

Attack speed 1.4
DPS 800+
Crit damage 80%+
Lifesteal 2.8%+
Socket

(By good deal I mean 4-10 million)

All other gear needs dex, crit chance and resists as primary and crit damage, attack speed and armor as secondary IMO

while the gear i need is indeed getting cheaper, it still isn't at the level i can afford. 4-10 mill is still WAY beyond my budget range
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]