Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Hello to every fan,
Please read below and respond.
I want to make the game more fun. Here are 2 main problems that I see and a solution. The major problems are with the goals of the game. If I am playing standard non-hardcore mode - I can die as much as I want and there will be no problems, this means that there is nothing stopping me to play and play and I always know that I will have the best stuff in time. This is boring because its predictable and you are unstoppable. I know that if I play 5 years I will have the best stuff and I will have beaten the game a million times.
On the other hand the current hardcore mode - if you die once your character is dead - this is a good mode because you have to be careful how you play, and you don't know whether you will reach the end of the game or get the best gear. This always puts you on the edge. The major problem with the hardcore mode now is that you can't exit the game instantaneously - this means that you will have to spend lots and lots of time at the same level so you level up very high in order to continue to the next level. Sitting at the same level for a very long time gets very boring fast. The 10 second exit also makes the game hard to play with people you don't know (for example at boss fights) - you have to plan the gameplay very well (takes lots of time not just sitting and playing) which doesn't make the game fun.
PROPOSAL: Either change the hardcore mode, or create a new mode called semi-hardcore. In semi-hardcore you live once but you can exit the game instantaneously. This can be done with either pressing one button like F5, or an instantaneous town portal (a better idea). I believe this will attract a lot more fans to the game (fans that are not satisfied with the current 2 modes). There will still be an edge when playing but the players wont get mad when they are WAITING to see their high level character die because other players sucked. I am certain that this mode will attract a much larger audience for hardcore. A possibility for more than one life is also possible.
To summarize the problems with the 10 sec delay Imagine you just spend 1 month playing HC and building a character - then:
1) If you lag for a few seconds due to internet interruption or power supply blow out from your computer you are likely to be dead. This can happen to anyone. With instant leave Semi-HC any disconnection removes the character from the game.
2) You need to play hours and hours at the same damn act to level the character before continuing forward because if you are too weak at a different act - there is no going back with 10 sec. With Semi-HC you can take more risks and go to different acts thus making the game more fun. So with Semi-HC this will give you even more excitement while playing. Unlike pure soft core, you will still be on the edge because you will need quick reaction - some can die withing a couple of seconds just like in D2. But this won't be as ridiculous as 10 seconds. Its really annoying to go and fight a boss - and just wait to be dead.
3) Its hard to play with people you don't know under normal HC because cooperation is so important. If your teammates suck you are also dead. The Semi-HC mode will allow you to play with others without having constant fear with who you are. If they suck you can easily leave.
4) Regular HC just takes too much planning and strategy development in order to survive long. For example most of the time you have to play alone, make sure the connection is good, and stay at the same damn act for hours and hours until you level. All the planning doesn't make the game fun at all. With Semi-HC you can just sit down and play - no special planning will be necessary and so you can have much more fun.
Remove the 1 death thing entirely, and reduce the number of checkpoints so that there is only like two on each ACT, start and middle.
If you die, your equipment is at 10% durability. Your xp for the progress to the next level is lost. All items in your inventory except for what your wearing is lost.
Shared stash only consists of one tab, and gem stacks etc is much much smaller (like x3). This is to make sure the economy doesn't get over inflated, because everyone will have limited stock.
This really isn't true, at all. If you're not bothering to upgrade your gear, that's one thing, but honestly people make such a big deal out of lag when it really isn't an issue at all.
The only change I think they should make to hardcore is to allow people to loot your corpse; perhaps only people on your friends list.
Another idea is if you die once you're done for the 24 hrs meaning your character is locked in revival mode for that duration. This way people are still cautious and yet the consequences are forgiving. Losing a character due to a simple disconnection doesn't make HC appealing to me.
Thats not bad but again its the idea of your character being invincible that's the problem. You can play for years and get where you want.
Yes, there needs to be some solution to encourage more to play hardcore. Bring back d2 looting whereby friends in same game can loot each other if one dies.
Another solution might be if you die on hardcore, you can resurrect your character on softcore.
Stay hardcore but lose half your levels. If paragon 0 level 60 -- you are reduced to level 30 character. If p60 level 60, character reduced to p30.
Edited by SilverFox#1996 on 11/19/2012 6:39 AM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.