Diablo® III

Wizard Archon Questions

Okay, i have a serious question, since disengration wave says its does 300% "weapon damage" does that mean attack speed doesn't matter?

Also, can it crit?

If no to both, then to use archon, u don't need attack speed or crit, right? i know the other abilities on archon can crit, but im doing like 200k dps buffed (u can look at my charcater by looking at my name) but im only doing act 1. I want to sell my stuff and get more into vit and res stuff, but does the crit/attack speed matter? im only looking for awnser for archon

thats my 1st question

2ns question

When i turn into a cm wizzard, do u need attack speed in that build? or just all crit?

Thanks for awnsering!! my 1st question is way more important
Reply Quote
higher ias n cc = always better

faster ias in archon = more dmg cos u can attack faster, i.e. left mouse click attack during archon, and takes less time to start the initial beam, n i think u can also turn faster etc

higher cc in archon = more dmg cos you can recharge archon and use arcane blast(1st attack in archon mode), archon teleport etc more often if u use critital mass.

cm wiz always need fast ias..
Reply Quote
Yes, it crits; channeled spells crit -- don't believe it when others tell you they don't. The damage is just rolled into the display numbers you see (you don't see yellow crit numbers) shown twice per second.
Reply Quote
ty guys
Reply Quote
IAS does increase Archon beam dps. It basically uses your char sheet dps, so anything that raises dps makes Archon beam more effective.

For CM spec, IAS is useful, but not required when first starting. It gets more efficient and effective with more IAS, but it can be run with only 1.5 attacks per second or so, as long as you have 40% crit+ and 17APoC+ to start (and decent EHP).
Reply Quote
what is sheet dps?
Reply Quote
also, use 1 hander? and is lifesteal requred? what off hand if 1 hand is required? the one that adds 15-18% elemental dmg?
Reply Quote
Sheet dps is the dps number displayed on your char sheet in game.

You can use a 2h if you prefer, though 1h+OH will likely give higher dps for less cost. Some claim LS isn't required, but I highly recommend Life Steal, especially if you're going with a 2h since you can get up to 6%. If you do go with a 1h, an all physical weapon is ideal, so you can make use of the Triumvirate and the elemental damage. That OH is worth a lot of dps.
Reply Quote
okay thanks for the tips. more questions hehe

1. what dps is required for like mp 0
2. mp2?
3 mp 4?

i eventually want to get to mp 4
Reply Quote
I'd say 50k+ for MP0, 150k for MP2, 300k for MP4 to make it efficient, as a rough estimate. You can farm them at lower DPS but it won't be as fast or efficient. I'm at 210k and I can farm MP4 but I stick to MP2 because it's the most efficient since I can run with Scramble and teleport rune on Archon.
Reply Quote
what is scramble?
Reply Quote
IAS and crit are factored into the disintigration wave, you just dont see yellow crit numbers but you will notice the enmies health drain much faster depending on how much critical hit damage you have. ITs more like "300% sheet dps"
Reply Quote
who doesn't enjoy a fast hulk smash attack from archon anyway? the hulk smash procs cm (loh/ls too) faster than beam.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 08:47 PMPosted by pichapiegal
who doesn't enjoy a fast hulk smash attack from archon anyway? the hulk smash procs cm (loh/ls too) faster than beam.

It procs LoH faster but not LS. The melee is only 250% weapon damage I think while the beam is 300% so you gain more life from the beam since both effectively attack at the same rate.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 08:47 PMPosted by pichapiegal

I lvoe hitting 600k-1mil crits with that thing lol, I use it verses elites sometimes. But its not very effective trying to use it againts white mobs to keep youre timer up.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Loroese
It procs LoH faster but not LS. The melee is only 250% weapon damage I think while the beam is 300% so you gain more life from the beam since both effectively attack at the same rate.

ah didn't know about the ls not proc'ing with hulk smash. but the beam only procs ls right and not loh?

I lvoe hitting 600k-1mil crits with that thing lol, I use it verses elites sometimes. But its not very effective trying to use it againts white mobs to keep youre timer up.

it's not effective really even though it has aoe but it's a good last resort and combined with that explosive blast archon has, pretty spiffy.

EDIT: btw, has anyone noticed that weird triangular insignia that appears on the ground after each hulk smash? inb4 illuminati lulz
Edited by pichapiegal on 11/18/2012 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Both proc LoH and LS, just the smash does less damage so you gain less life than with the beam using Life Steal. The smash has a higher LoH coefficient though, so you gain more life if you're primarily using LoH.

If I remember the math right, it's 0.5 coefficient for the smash, and 0.1 for the beam, with a tic rate of 3*AS per second, so at 2 APS you get 6 tics per second or 0.6*LoH. That's 60% of the life return from smash from a LoH perspective.
Reply Quote
interesting, loro.
Reply Quote
how much res and hp do u guys recommend?
Reply Quote
also, amour? and im askign these questions before buff? and what does it transit into after buff?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]