Diablo® III

Need help from GOOD Cm Wiz's

Hey guys, i just hit 60 on this wiz other day, like 3 days ago, and i went with archon build ot start out, I am around 196k dps w hen i got magicweap/energy-sparkflint up.

I decided that i would rather build up for CM to do high solo MP key runs/ ubers / etc and just switch to archon for low mp farming.

*** Disregard my MH weapon / Ammy / Hellfire ring atm *** I have mf gear on for mp1 farming and crappy hellfire for xp. I got a black rare with lifesteal socket for crit.

Here is my question, Since i know nothing about Cm wiz's really , I see some CM wizs with like 200+k dps and I need to know what pieces of my gear do I need to swap out in order to run high MP cm build ?

I know I need a stormcrow helm, and i usally have tal-rasha ammy on btw

My question is this, 2 piece tal / zuni boots etc add increase dmg to Elemental attacks, and I have seen 2 or 3 CM wiz's using Black Rare weapons with fast IAS and ap on crit instead of Chant set, they use the black rare weapon with tal-rash offhand.

So, by looking over my gear what do i need to focus on for upgrades to boost my dps and switch to CM high mp build

And should I go Chant Set with MH / OH , or should i go Rare black weapon with AP on crit and tal-rash offhand?
Reply Quote
If you go with a black weapon, get a triumvirate OH, that's kind of half the point of using a black weapon.
Reply Quote
Attack speed and crit chance are the things that make the mechanics of the build work. People choose Chant's stuff because they're the fastest wizard weapons available.

There are lots of good threads in this forum about making it work, but to sum up:

2.5 aps/40%cc/20 APoC and you'll start feeling like it's working.

Sheet DPS isn't a good indicator of the damage you're doing as a CM wiz. I have ~145k dps and solo Gohm in MP10 in 1m31s. (138m hp/ 91sec = ~1.5m dps)
Reply Quote
View profile
you have to change everything and spend 500m a slot to be 200K dps cm.

Far more reasonable to aim like 125K dps. There it's cheap. like 200m -1b total.

I;m not gonna tell u what to buy thats ur puzzle

but to do ubers well at high mp these should be your minimums using force armor

2.73 ias
45%CC
4500 armor
700 ar
20 apoc
125K dps
1000 loh
30k hp

they'll die eventually u won't
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 11/18/2012 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Loroese
If you go with a black weapon, get a triumvirate OH, that's kind of half the point of using a black weapon.

That would not work though right ? You need the AP on Crit to be atleast 20 ?

What im saying is I see some wiz's usign a black weapon with tal-rasha OH , and the Increased elemental damage they use from the black weapon is from Zuni boots ( 7% posion / Tal 2 piece 3 % fire / Tal ammy 5 % ? / and one more addition osmewhere?
Reply Quote
Defenses and Utility are first priority. A starter CM/WW in my opinion should have 0 CD. You aquire CD after you have your basic 250m set up.

Helm. 4.5cc Storm crow. 10 ApoC, >450 LoH, 4% elites, 8% lightning. = 20m

Shoulders. Vile Ward. ~60 Str, 170-200 Int, 60-90 Vit = 25m

Amulet - 8.5cc+, 9% IAS. Int/Vit/LoH/Armour/AR as budget permits

Ring 1 - Nats with 9% IAS, Int, and AR. 30m

Boots - Nats with Int and Str. 20m

Ring 2 - 4.5cc+, 9% IAS Int/Vit/LoH/Armour/AR as budget permits

Gloves - 8.5cc + 9% IAS, + Int + AR + Armour = 50m

Chants Wand - 10% IAS + 0.24 or 0.25. DPS as budget permits

Chants Source - 9% IAS. ApoC is budget permits. Otherwise high damage and Extra int or strength as random.

Pants - Blackthorns. >450 LoH, 12% life roll. Any two... Ar, Armour, 2 Sockets, Int/Vit roll. As budget permits

Belt - Blackthorns. 70+ AR roll. Extra str helps. Avoid vit (100 free vit from 2 piece set). Way cheaper and far tankier than witching hour.

Bracers - RARE. Lacuni are for advanced CM players only. Need tank here. Get 6cc, +Armour, and high AR. Int/Vit as budget permits. Really really REALLY good ones go for as little as 15m.

Chestplate - Tals. Best two defensive rolls you can afford. Cheap ones for their defense are +armour and physical resist. Fire and Arcane are also useful. Lightning isn't completely useless. Dont buy cold or poison.

That's a pretty basic gear out for MP10 solo keys/ubers. All 6 IAS pieces must be 9%, and your Wand must be 10% and 0.24 or 10% and 0.25. Otherwise you will need a seventh piece (helm, belt, bracers) and those are all expensive and bad.

Base stats from above gear would be...

53 Crit Chance (56 with Scoundrel)
2.74 aps (1.78 + 54%)
4000-4200 Unbuffed armour
1900-2000 Intelligence
800+ Vit + 12% (31.5k+ life)
650-800+ Depends on if you can afford AR on your blackthorns and/or tals chest.
900+ LoH (depends on if you can find some on a piece of jewelery or not)

After those stats you just start building up dps as you can afford it. Just find upgrades over time that are a small defense and large offense upgrade at each step.
Edited by Shandlar#1961 on 11/18/2012 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Lithic

That would not work though right ? You need the AP on Crit to be atleast 20 ?

What im saying is I see some wiz's usign a black weapon with tal-rasha OH , and the Increased elemental damage they use from the black weapon is from Zuni boots ( 7% posion / Tal 2 piece 3 % fire / Tal ammy 5 % ? / and one more addition osmewhere?

Triumvirate can roll with APoC. They only get 1 random roll though, but they'll give you more dps than a tal OH.
Reply Quote
So is it a better idea to go for a 10% attack speed black rare and get a ApOC trim and storm helm ?
Reply Quote
So is it a better idea to go for a 10% attack speed black rare and get a ApOC trim and storm helm ?

Well a 1.554 aps weapon (wand or sword with 11% IAS) is really hard to obtain the 2.73 breakpoint. You need 76% IAS. That's nine IAS pieces. And your using an APoC helm...

Ring x2
Amulet
Gloves
Witching Hour
Lacuni
Relentless Pursuit
Inna's Pants

Is only 8. Therefore you'd still need chants source, and a 10 APoC one to boot...

So impossible. A 1.554 lifesteal weapon however does mean that the LoH from stormcrow is enough by itself to counter RD (generally).

So 2.501 breakpoint should be viable. The freeze strength isn't very strong except at supreme Crit Hit Chances however. Generally I only suggest the 2.501 breakpoint for those looking to use Sloraks Madness for 200% crit damage (and obtain 7 or 8% crit chance to WW from the wand).

Sloraks can't roll both 200% crit damage and lifesteal however.

'Max' Utility with a black 1h (not dagger), triumverate, and Storm Crow(APoC helm) is...

20 APoC
2.533 aps (1.554 + 63% IAS)
65.5cc (6cc native nats) (68.5 w/ Scoundrel)

Which is viable, but requires pretty much BiS pieces in every slot to counter the horrendous nature of innas pants.
Reply Quote
No. The best possible rare dagger will give you 1.65aps, which means you'll need to invest a massive amount of money in all the rest of your gear to hit 2.74aps.

What Shandlar just said is the best advice you're going to get.
Reply Quote
View profile
No it's better to get Chant's Force and Wil to roll CM.
They provide so much more attack speed that are necessary to hit the 2.74 APS breakpoint.
Reply Quote
I'm currently using a dagger with 11% IAS for 1.65 base attack. With 52% IAS on gear I'm just over the 2.5 APS breakpoint, which isn't too hard to obtain. I'm stuck with an APoC helm, so I can't get more IAS from that, and I'd need 67% to reach the 2.74 breakpoint. That means I'd need 2 IAS pieces between pants, bracers, and OH. Since Inna's are pretty horrid for EHP, that means you'd need an OH with IAS, which means you can't use a triumvirate.

In short, if you don't mind being limited to 2.5 APS breakpoint, the Triumvirate works great for dps. If you want to hit the higher breakpoint, you pretty much have to go with either Chanto's MH or OH, and might as well go with both unless you really want to use a Tal neck or Zuni boots.

Alternatively, you can spec into the IAS rune on slow time for an extra 10%, but I personally would prefer the 20% extra damage.
Edited by Loroese#1415 on 11/18/2012 10:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]