Diablo® III

Should I switch to Archon?

Hi all,

Any advice would be appreciated. An EF just dropped for me and it looks pretty sweet. I've been reading some of the wiz build builds and it seems this weapon with would go well with an Archon build. I've shelved my Chants duo for the moment. Does the EF fit with an archon build? Any "must have" gear to make it viable?

Going to check out how to switch over but any advice on gear/skills would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. This wiz is my alt so I dont wanna go crazy and spend too much gold. Is 30M enough?
Reply Quote
Sorry to say that but you would need to spend a lot to make a good Archon. You would need good armor and resis to all since you won't be able to use your diamond skin. Plus you would probably want life steal on your weapon, much better for Archon than life on hit. Also, you would need high damage "something like 80k or above I would say, I could be wrong here."

So if that wiz is your alt, I would recommend playing CM/WW, I think it's better for you if you don't want to spend a lot of gold.

*Check my profile if you want, I use Archon. When I play, I switch force weapon to blood magic and switch pinpoint barrier to prismatic armor.
Edited by Almomiha#1994 on 11/18/2012 10:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Would you say it would be better to just sell my weapon and just just build a solid CM/WW? Or would an Echoing Fury work?
Reply Quote
i'm currently using my own hybrid cm/ww/archon for farming purposes (mp0-mp4) and it's pretty fun but definitely cannot use archon anymore on mp5 and above since i am not geared for a true archon to begin with (cm/ww here)

but to give you an idea about archon

weapon = life steal (black weapon preferred or if you can, skorn)
off hand = triumvirate
other gears = high armor/high cc/high cd/high vit/high int/high all resist

iirc archon build do not focus on aspd but i could be wrong.

with skills, you want every buffs there is for damage (magic weapon with blood magic; familiar with spark; glass cannon; energy armor with pinpoint barrier).

there are threads here regarding true archon builds. you should read there
Reply Quote
Your EF is nice. Try running with blood magic and see if it works. If you die a lot in low MP level then just sell it and go for CM/WW. If you can survive MP 3 for example then keep it and go for Archon.

I think Archon is more fun for me. Plus it's better for your wrists :P
Reply Quote
@pichapiegal

You are right. Archon does not "need" Attack speed, but it is always a nice thing to have. It will increase your damage for sure.
Reply Quote
@pichapiegal

You are right. Archon does not "need" Attack speed, but it is always a nice thing to have. It will increase your damage for sure.

true true, get whatever you can @_@
Reply Quote
thanks for the opinions!
I'll give it a shot.
Reply Quote
Does anyone use spectral blades? I dont know why, but I have grew pretty fond of them.
Reply Quote
i have used spectral blades and they're pretty cool but doesn't suit my taste. didn't blizz killed its proc along with living lightning?
Reply Quote
I use them. I really like them and I'm doing pretty well in all MP levels.

I use deep cuts for more proc rate but healing blades might be better for you if you die a lot, their proc kinda sucks though.

I also have a Stone of Jordan with 30% damage against elites and 9% more damage using spectral blades, maybe that's why I'm sticking with them till now
Reply Quote
For archon you can get by without lifesteal by taking blood magic and having a decent amount of life regen and life on kill. The higher you go on the MP the harder it gets to deal with the reflect mobs though.
Reply Quote
Hmmm... good things to think about. will definitely look into that type of gear
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]