Diablo® III

blood magic; EB/ET = proc?

hello hello

i want to ask a question regarding EB's and ET's proc with lifesteal and if they even proc it or do they solely rely on loh? if so, i could easily go with another rune and play with it or just completely drop MW for more survivability (teleport or slow time)

thanks
Reply Quote
It should work with those. Blood Magic should work with everything that Life Steal works with, which is most spells except hydra and storm armor, as far as I know. LoH happens to be more useful for ET because of the increased number of tics as you raise your IAS, while the actual damage done per ET stays the same. Also, the lower the LoH coefficient the more dps you need for Life Steal to surpass it.
Reply Quote
LS is based on the amount of damage done, so what spell is dealing the damage shouldn't matter. (unless it's a passive dmg spell like hydra, familiar, or storm armor)

The only time I noticed myself not receiving full LS benefits is against health link reflect dmg elites on mp10
Edited by Cbronson#1217 on 11/18/2012 10:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Loroese
It should work with those. Blood Magic should work with everything that Life Steal works with, which is most spells except hydra and storm armor, as far as I know. LoH happens to be more useful for ET because of the increased number of tics as you raise your IAS, while the actual damage done per ET stays the same. Also, the lower the LoH coefficient the more dps you need for Life Steal to surpass it.

interesting. ok thanks.
Reply Quote
LS is based on the amount of damage done, so what spell is dealing the damage shouldn't matter. (unless it's a passive dmg spell like hydra, familiar, or storm armor)

The only time I noticed myself not receiving full LS benefits is against health link reflect dmg elites on mp10

ic so i shouldn't focus on LS for now unless i'm in the 200k range?

see, i'm at the point where farming low levels just isn't cutting it anymore and out of frustration and sheer masochistic urges, i want to farm mp6-mp8 for the sake of those lottery items (seriously need upgrades >_<)
Reply Quote
If you're farming with CM/WW, I'd focus on LoH over LS even over 100k, but it really depends on your dps.

Some math for reference, since I like math. At 2.5 attacks per second, with 49% crit and 20 APoC, I gain about 8x my LoH per second as life. My LS applicable DPS is about 4-5x my listed dps (no LS gain from storm armor or shocking aspect), so at 100k sheet dps I'd gain about 500 life per second from BM, which is worth about 60 LoH.
Reply Quote
If you're farming with CM/WW, I'd focus on LoH over LS even over 100k, but it really depends on your dps.

Some math for reference, since I like math. At 2.5 attacks per second, with 49% crit and 20 APoC, I gain about 8x my LoH per second as life. My LS applicable DPS is about 4-5x my listed dps (no LS gain from storm armor or shocking aspect), so at 100k sheet dps I'd gain about 500 life per second from BM, which is worth about 60 LoH.

yeah i do have loh in check since i am a cm/ww by heart, was wondering if having those two (LS/LOH) would give me more benefits. my dps right now (with enchantress and pinpoint barrier and magic weapon/bm) is 146k and (without enchantress but still with the two buffs) 143k, and (without any buffs whatsoever) im 123k iirc
Reply Quote
I don't think BM is worth it for CM unless you're sporting a low attack speed (under 2). With that dps it's only giving you about 600 life per second, so it's probably only worth like 100 LoH or so.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Loroese
I don't think BM is worth it for CM unless you're sporting a low attack speed (under 2). With that dps it's only giving you about 600 life per second, so it's probably only worth like 100 LoH or so.

glad to know. lots of help, loro. appreciate it. keep up the good work. thanks to cbronson too.
Reply Quote

While your point stands, I'm getting 1500/s per target from Blood Magic.

500k * 0.015 * 0.20 = 1500s = 188 LoH

Your 8x LoH number is spot on. I've always used 7x as my estimation for the 2.50 breakpoint. Glad to know it lines up with your simulcrum.

So at 2.50 breakpoint and 100k dps, a 3% lifesteal weapon is roughly = 375 LoH

So your right. LS really isn't worth it unless you're planning well in excess of 200k dps. Then a storm crow for LoH and 3% LS from weapon should be enough (Roughly equavalent of 1200 LoH)
Reply Quote
Oops, for some reason I used 0.5% life steal from BM. You're right, it's more like 1500, so about 200 LoH or so. At 200k that's 3k life per second or about 400 LoH, which makes it a bit more useful.
Reply Quote
eventually i will hit the 200k when the gold starts rolling in. thanks a bunch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]