Diablo® III

How Fun Is Hardcore?

HC should be removed.
So that some players wont take their "game" too seriously XD

There should be a government warning like we have here in cigarettes,
"HC playing is dangerous to your health"

lol, the topic of this thread is "How Fun is Hardcore"--"Title says it all. Softcore isn't cutting it anymore. "--TC

Why are you even here? Heck, you haven't even played HC.

I think you're the one taking things to seriously. It's just the opposite for HC players.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Alosis
It really hard for me to understand HC players with their definition of challenge and fun.

It really boils down to being meticulous I think. You plan your character more. You pay attention to everything. You think on another level. Not higher or lower, just different.

I found hardcore more enjoyable personally, but if someone wants to play the game differently who am I to tell them otherwise?[/quote]
Yes i agree with this.
But its just some of these HC players are annoying
It was like the guy who reach P100 and call himself elite.... funny.

[quote]HC should be removed.
So that some players wont take their "game" too seriously XD

There should be a government warning like we have here in cigarettes,
"HC playing is dangerous to your health"

lol, the topic of this thread is "How Fun is Hardcore"--"Title says it all. Softcore isn't cutting it anymore. "--TC

Why are you even here? Heck, you haven't even played HC.

I think you're the one taking things to seriously. It's just the opposite for HC players.

Hi DocOz XD
Edited by Xuu#6972 on 11/19/2012 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
well I didn't bother to read that long thing you posted, but I sure do miss DocOz!

My Shtriga is almost there, lvl 47 baby!
Reply Quote
It's a matter of opinion and a bit of skill (this game is easy, even on HC).

To me, SC is extremely boring. All you have to do is stack DPS and when you find something it's almost always worthless because the economy is so !@#$ed.

Also, you won't die to lag if you have a good connection and avoid playing during a hurricane. I never died to lag...

HC players take this game way less seriously than SC players. When we die, we don't care and we level another char. Sure it sucks to lose legendaries, but the excitement is worth it.

When Softcore players die, they whine about repair costs and having to walk back.
Reply Quote
View profile
^thats true, i usually lament my deaths for about a day and then level back up and try something new.

^beat HC, then talk about how little skill it takes. ive gone through the game several times without disconnects. hardcore is where the only skill in this game is at :P, i was ready to quit and call this game boring before hardcore showed me the way.

trust me, until you play it, you have no idea

same.

I almost quit too, was playing T2, GW2 and generally searching for the next game ...

HC pulled me back so, I'm still here.

I also disagree with everyone dies. chances are you will but, it's not 100%. even if it's 99%, it's not everyone...

true, bobwitchdr still has all his characters, not one death
Reply Quote
HC is more fun, but I lag these days and can't really play it.

SC is simply about efficiency. HC is about efficiency while having to deal with the pesky staying alive bit. Sure you could just gear for pure survival, but people still won't do it for the exact same reason they don't do it in sc... no reward. Thus there is more value in actual combat and stuff. With the addition of Monster Power, even pre-inferno can be fun whereas in softcore, anything before inferno is a terrible waste of time.

Unfortunately, I feel that this game was just not designed for HC, what with its random maintenance and online only mode. Checkpoints obviously don't have hc in mind and nor do Keywardens in difficulties before inferno. With even top hc players falling to simple discs, I have trouble taking the current system seriously.

The HC economy is wonderful though. Anything that has a use, has value.

11/19/2012 09:23 PMPosted by TyranO
HC players take this game way less seriously than SC players. When we die, we don't care and we level another char. Sure it sucks to lose legendaries, but the excitement is worth it.

That seems true too. The only major QQs in the hc forums are disconnects (legit) and that rollback crap. On the softcore side, we have tons of people QQ'ing over everything from not being able to make money to other assorted first world problems.

Though then again they also have their group of elitist pricks. But we have them in sc too... though those can be taken less seriously. XD
Edited by ArchonWing#1480 on 11/20/2012 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Ask yourself this one question before starting HC: Do you get angry/upset/depressed if you lose anything in real life?

If not - you may enjoy HC.

It's not for everyone.

If failure and loss make you unhappy you need to stay away from HC and come back when you have started to conquer such fears and/or anxieties.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Zaruen
how fun do you find losing a character to lag (Permanently)

Don't get so attached to your character. The character is just a means to an end, the goal is to have fun. When I lose a char, to whatever reason, I think "that was a fun ride, let's do it again." Not to say there isn't an initial letdown feeling, but it passes quickly.
Reply Quote
Thing is, most of us that have played both SC and HC find HC more fun.

Of course it's still a personal preference kind of thing, but all I can say is until you have tried it, you'll never know.

Many of the people in this tread arguing why they think they will not like HC, haven't even tried it.
Edited by Zenith#6516 on 11/20/2012 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
I never played HC in D2 and until recently didn't play it in D3 either. SC is great for what it is. A chance to be superpowerful and super reckless at the same time. I recently started HC with a monk and learned the hard way to not be reckless. Played it on MP3 and ended up getting wrecked in A4 by the key warden and about 15 of his pals.

Since that mistake I've started a WD and am currently deep in A1 NM and absolutely lovin it. Not only is the market great, but the mental challenge required to play a totally different style is fantastic. Not only am I new to HC but I'm using it to play a new character I have no experience with. It's much more thrilling to me
Reply Quote
LOVE HC
HATE LAG DEATH

Now in a more normal tone.
It brings fear into the game.
Also compassion, teamwork , sadness.

It is excelent.

then

YOU DIE SERVER LAG.

Sorry , just venting
Reply Quote
I wouldn't be here without HC being around.

Much more challenging for your brain. You are forced to think about things that you just don't worry much about in SC. It expands the game back to where it should be.

Anytime there's no risk, the rewards don't seem as great. /shrug
Reply Quote
obviously, if you have bad connection, you should take that into consideration.

but if you like me have a stable connection, the extra thrill hc gives makes up for the very small chance of a dc

you can still play sc, sometimes hc is just a good change of pace :) you will hate it as much as you love it!
Reply Quote
HC is a lot of fun, but I stopped playing due to constant micro stutter while playing Diablo. I was not going to be a happy camper if that caused my character death, so I left HC until I could get that resolved.

However, I was finally able to resolve my stuttering issue (with plenty of speech therapy) this afternoon, so I will be jumping back into HC soon enough.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thing is, most of us that have played both SC and HC find HC more fun.

Of course it's still a personal preference kind of thing, but all I can say is until you have tried it, you'll never know.

Many of the people in this tread arguing why they think they will not like HC, haven't even tried it.

+1
Reply Quote
Well having played and just lost my very first HC character, I will say that it sucks, but isn't the end of the world. If you are bored with D3, what do you have to lose? Just try it and see if you like it.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Fyle
I also disagree with everyone dies. chances are you will but, it's not 100%. even if it's 99%, it's not everyone...

Very true - go scour the hardcore forums and you will find Heroes near P 100 with as good or better gear then found on SC.
Reply Quote
Please please please! Only get into hardcore if you're ok with the prospect of dying FOR ANY REASON.

Far too many posts have been made by people whining about losing their HC char to one thing or another.
Reply Quote
The thing i love about hardcore is there are no idiots in public games at least i havent seen any myself

ppl go out of their way to help by dropiing weapons/armor on the ground for you giving you cash to help you get started and you will do the same

hardcore has a real gaming COMMUNITY
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]