Diablo® III

The reason you don't play multiplayer?

D3 was supposed to be this amazing multiplayer game where everyone teamed up & destroyed monsters together. They got rid of the pure 'singleplayer' install and forced it online to accomodate this experience.

In theory, I am all for it. I can understand why they got rid of LAN in order for this to happen.

But now D3 has a few flaws that are preventing it from realizing it's full multiplayer experience potential.

1. Firstly, there is no UI design which allows easy chatting and forming of specific custom games. The party system is clunky, chat channels are hidden away in a tiny submenu.

2. Secondly, the main problem with multiplayer, is that the mobs get more HP.
the number of times that players aren't hitting the exactly the same mob together is close to about 90%. This means that essentially, you are still playing a single player game. But your monsters are tankier, and there are less of them to kill. That's not very fun!

In order for the D3 multiplayer experience to be truly what it was intended I believe they need to make these three changes:

1. Remove the HP bonus on mobs. It should be an incentive to party up to get to kill things faster. You can still make Monster Power make it still challenging if you want, but don't punish players for partying.

2. Add nicer chat functionality

3. Allow people to forego the match-maker and make a 'custom games' list. It doesn't have that much of a learning curve to figure out for the newbies, but the benefit you gain from it is insurmoutable. A custom games list lets people name their game, choose how many players they want. They can choose their monster power specifically in MP games, The benefits you get just dont stop.

~~

Anyways,
TLDR;
D3 is supposed to be enjoyed online with other people. The current game lacks chat functionality, lacks a custom games screen, and buffs mobs HP. In order to really incentivise people to play MP they need to improve chat functionality, remove the bonus hp of mobs (monster power fills this role anyways), and add a custom games screen where a player can choose what kind of game he wants to join.
Reply Quote
It just doesn't make sense.

They want us to be online and deemed it right to have us play games with friends, yet they lack a lot in the social department in the battle.net interface.

Seriously, they should make more community-based implementations to the game because the game can seriously be played without the need of friends and what's more, they made multiplayer unrewarding. Monsters are tougher (they get more HP) yet the EXP gain bonus for partying up isn't there.

So yes, they need something to give it a more community-oriented enhancement because no matter how much new content you can churn, without the social part of it, it just makes the game even more dreary.
Reply Quote
1. I stopped doing public games/random people because of no monster power option for public games.
2. provide a small bonus on mf/gf/exp based on number of players please. monster hp is fine.
Edited by jdrew#6984 on 11/19/2012 9:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
2. Secondly, the main problem with multiplayer, is that the mobs get more HP.
the number of times that players aren't hitting the exactly the same mob together is close to about 90%. This means that essentially, you are still playing a single player game. But your monsters are tankier, and there are less of them to kill. That's not very fun!

exactly for that reason, I don't play much multiplayer games!
Reply Quote
View profile
I do play multiplayer......
Reply Quote
View profile
monster power option and lack of lobbies
Reply Quote
... I still sport wood over the lag in SP!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]