Diablo® III

Some input on gearing

So up to this point, I've tried to find some good pieces, but made a number of choices to opt for some less expensive items to get to where I'm at now. Obviously there have been some pieces that I spent alittle more on than others, but overall getting to this point has been primarily through finding good deals or pieces that obviously didn't have a perfect roll.

I know that clearly if I were to upgrade those pieces I would be upgrading my gear, I'm more curious if there are perhaps some choices gear wise that are I can continue to find deals on that are clearly better options than what I have equiped.

I'm ok with the notion of not having the best rolls on gear, as long as I'm using the right gear, I'd rather reach what I can that way, then begin saving for the hundreds of mill pieces.

So if some of you might have some input to help me make some more decisions moving forward, incase I've just overlooked something.

Armory link
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Enot-1820/hero/12808154
Reply Quote
I think that the best budget friendly option for you to replace would be your gloves. D3up.com says that each point of crit chance you add will bump your DPS by 1287 pts. Each additional point of IAS will bump your DPS by 665 pts.
Now I'm not saying to go for trifecta gloves as they are far from budget friendly but gloves similar yours but with say a few more points of CC are still relatively inexpensive on the AH.

On a side note you seem rather squishy at 19.9k HP so remember to watch for +life%, +armor and higher vit when shopping around for higher MP gear. Nothing quite pisses me off more than getting one shotted by a trash mob.
Reply Quote
OH DPS is awful low.
Reply Quote
DPS is ok, your HP is way too low. You want at least 30k HP
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input so far, have been gone a while and just came back didn't even know about D3UP.com was still using the old monk google doc I had lol...
Reply Quote
Thank you guys for your help, I think I've managed to round out some of my gear pretty nicely in terms of dps, though still lacking in HP. Dropped a significant amount of resists so feels like old inferno of diving in and out of fights that are more difficult just because I don't have the hp buffer to stay in >< not even at 300k ehp /sigh.

I've run into the problem of if I want to get the for lack of a better way to put it "good" gear, for my setup I have to spend 10mill+ easy on each piece, and even then only for a slight upgrade. I think at this point if I'm staying in the margin of not spending 10s of millions of gold I have to trade off dps =/

If others want to weigh in it would really be appreciated as always. (I'm not sure why the armory is showing my dps 10k lower than what it is ingame... without a companion I should be closer to 97k dps, and hp should be more like 21k... not sure what armory is doing @_@) I'm guessing as before, need to get that hp up. One thing I will say is I need to stop being a lazy/stupid person and using the exp gem for doing key/ubers runs... kinda facepalming as Im writing this for not realizing that before.

TL:DR

Have I reached that point where I'm going to be spending ridiculous amounts to get my dps/hp up or keep my dps but get my hp up at this point.

For ease of not scrolling back up:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Enot-1820/hero/12808154
Edited by Enot#1820 on 11/27/2012 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Your biggest problem is that you have low health, yes?

So you can either swap out some of your dex gems for vit gems ... or you can look at which pieces don't have vit.

Amulet - the LoH is the only thing here that makes this tough to replace.
Gloves - you would lose some dex, but you should be able to pick up some vit here
MH Ring - this is a nice ring due to the dmg/cc/high dex ... but lack of health is lack of health :P

And I think you could upgrade your belt to either get one with Life% or more Vitality.
Reply Quote
Ok, so these links need to be stickied:

Piffle's Guide - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435884
Nameless Guide - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7005435708

There's a quick fix to your HP issue:

If you swap the gems in your Inna's from green to purple, d3up.com shows you'd lose 9k dps (down to 88k), but get your life up to 32k.

In your situation, I'd make that trade, at least until you can get more VIT on your gear...
Reply Quote
I think I may replace like 2-3 gems for doing key/ubers definetly, Magda I'm surviving her bugs on mp7 (8 pushes it) but any followup hit generally finishes me off before I can get back up from Loh/Ls. (also as I mentioned before need to replace red gem in head for non exp runs).

Thanks Piffle, prbly gain like 50k ehp just replacing 2 gems and shouldn't take a huge dps hit.

I don't see alot of monks using the MH that I've been using, I kinda like it for the stun and spirit regen, am I putting too much weight on those things when I could get maybe a lower dps weapon with better stats? (looking at your monk as inspiration on this one piffle lol)

Edit: On things like electric and reflect damage, my health is slowly draining in some cases (say about 50% of the time) with my current gearing, on mp5-8 is the answer here maybe with my MH weapon needing to be changed for something with better stats?

Btw as I said before but really want to drive the point home, really appreciate the help, even when I know some of the stuff being pointed out I should have already thought about and feel silly for not seeing already lol. Love that people are willing to help out.
Edited by Enot#1820 on 11/27/2012 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote

Edit: On things like electric and reflect damage, my health is slowly draining in some cases (say about 50% of the time) with my current gearing, on mp5-8 is the answer here maybe with my MH weapon needing to be changed for something with better stats?

My experience is that 3% lifesteal isn't enough to survive really harsh conditions in higher MP levels (at least not with ~100k dps - if you were closer to 200, maybe you could). I dabbled with swapping in a shield (don't hate - you can get 10% crit on those things) and with a second weapon with lifesteal, and they both work, but I couldn't make it work with only 3% lifesteal...
Reply Quote
Protip: put your lifesteal wep in your main hand.

That will do wonders for your survivability right there.

23k health I'd be using a purple (I use one to keep around 40k and I feel that 40k is not quite enough).
Reply Quote
I have a pretty decent shield actually from my old ways of playing, used to love fist and board lol. Might have to try using it on things like the magda fight, only because being dead means no conviction overawe running and removes another person from dpsing as well =/. Likely worth any tradeoff in dps that I would drop.

Protip: put your lifesteal wep in your main hand.

That will do wonders for your survivability right there.

23k health I'd be using a purple (I use one to keep around 40k and I feel that 40k is not quite enough).

Stupid question perhaps but I thought the LS on a weapon applied to all your damage regardless of in OH or MH.
Edited by Enot#1820 on 11/27/2012 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]