Diablo® III

~ Uber Boss Guide ~

Bump for someone who asked about this
Reply Quote
Thanks again, Dutch
Reply Quote
Great guide. I'll definitely be trying to do my first uber run tomorrow after I go key hunting.
Reply Quote
" Once the Skeleton King is downed, everyone should proceed to fighting Magda"

No sh1t? lol

But seriously, nice guide for first timers. My team usually gang up on Ghom too but either way is fine I guess.

The only boss that I tank solo is siege breaker.What's important is never bring overly squishy teammate no matter how much dps they do. If they spend half the time running around avoiding damage or just being chicken in general, he will fan everyone up in a group without much DPS.
Edited by Darmali#6533 on 2/17/2013 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
5/5, good guide. Spent the whole day farming keys and the ring parts with Monk+DH combo.
Farming keys on MP5, Ubers on MP3.
Got only one part of the ring for some reason. Feels bad man.

DH with 190k unbuffed DPS (290k~ buffed), EHP with dodge 526k
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yojimbo-1179/hero/2621809
Monk with 95k~ unbuffed DPS (200k'ish buffed), EHP with dodge 1344k
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mox-2516/hero/1349575

http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator
using this EHP calc :)

As for the Keywardens:
Act1 - Not a single problem. We've tanked a rare pack with the keywarden and survived without a problem
Act2 - Meh, the rare packs are harder than this guy, especially since MissileDampening just ramps up the dmg on LIGHTNING BALLS on a DH. So many balls in such a small timeframe to hit him with.
Act3 - Once again, it's harder to get the valor stacks than kill this guy.
Act4 - We decided to move down to mp2 and the damn keywarden nearly killed my monk. His debuff hurts my 1,2k LoH 1,4k Regen like hell.

I guess we'll move up to Mp6 for the keyfarming and Mp3 for the Ubers.
King Leoric is the only one that gives us a headache since his mace-swings hurt like hell :/
Edit: Mp6 hurts a lot. Good thing we decided to bring in a Baba 97k dps and a "freeze wizard" with ~50k dps. Tons of AoE dmg~ :o

Edit: Whoops, didnt notice this was in HC. Anyhow, just wanted to give my 2 cents !
Never died on the Ubers / Keywardens so I guess that's sort of "HC" for our SC chars :)

Edited the current skills, Dps etc.
Edited by Mox#2516 on 2/27/2013 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Great guide, thank you for sharing Dutch!
Reply Quote
If anyone is looking for a barb for Ubers I have keys and am ready to go,

Friend me pops#1771
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Warrior
so assuming we are new, you kinda left out the part about what "stacks" are. wtf am i getting 5 stacks of?
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Bashkar
so assuming we are new, you kinda left out the part about what "stacks" are. wtf am i getting 5 stacks of?

Nephalem Valour

Sorry, these stacks have been out since...June? July? Something like that, normally I just assume people know what I meant by it.

Good luck
Edited by TheDutchMan#1443 on 3/7/2013 8:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Warrior
still leaving out what they are, what they are for, and what they do. i just started playing
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Bashkar
still leaving out what they are, what they are for, and what they do. i just started playing

When you get to level 60 (the only stage in your character's development in which they can actually do Ubers [inferno difficulty]) you get a stack for every elite you kill within 30 minutes of eachother.

These stack up to 5. You get them any time you're ever playing the game, ever, after level 60. They appear over your skill bar.

Get 5 elite kills before doing uber bosses.
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Warrior
sigh. and what does each stack do. You guys are pretty good at not thoroughly explaining things
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Bashkar
sigh. and what does each stack do. You guys are pretty good at not thoroughly explaining things

At this point I'm assuming you're a troll.

If you decided to wait 1 year before purchasing the game, it's up to you to learn the details of gameplay, and not others to hold your hand.

The guide was for ubers.

Here's a tip: If you don't know what Nephalem Valour is, don't do ubers. You're going to die

Good luck out there
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Warrior
yeah my lvl 16 barb is a troll. whatever man, just like WoW community, buncha !@#$%^-s
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 08:35 AMPosted by Bashkar
yeah my lvl 16 barb is a troll. whatever man, just like WoW community, buncha !@#$%^-s

Yeah man. The world hates you, and it's all their fault.

Can't be the fault of someone who comes into a guide (that I wrote for the benefit of everyone else in the community to try to get them through one of the hardest and most daunting events in a HC character's life) and bashes me for leaving out details that most (and I mean 99.99999999%) people know about.

If you're level 16, you can't do ubers. It is an inferno activity. Meaning you must be level 60 to partake.

If you want people to treat you with respect, try not to bash the people who are trying to help eachother out.

I shouldn't expect much more from a level 90 WoW player, though. They always have a complex issue
Edited by TheDutchMan#1443 on 3/7/2013 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Better question is: Why did you grave dig my thread?

You don't know what Neph Valour is (Released in last May/Early June) but you somehow knew what Uber bosses were, and wanted to do them?
Reply Quote
03/07/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Bashkar

Every stack gives bonus +15% magic find, gold find and experience. Killing a Key Warden after getting 5 stacks grant chance for Keys/Plans to drop, as well as chance for Organs to drop during Uber fights.

And you're the one asking for help here, don't expect us to serve you everything on a silver platter. I like helping others... but I have no reason help someone who is taking it for granted. The OP clearly told you what he meant by stack... He have no obligation to explain every single details and mechanics of this game to you, least of all to someone who is bashing him for helping you out. All you have to do is google 'Nephalem valor', instead of expecting the OP to spoon-feed you.
Reply Quote
Not sure if anyone has asked this already, if so just tell me what page or link to go to, but what's the benefit to having 3 or more machines?

Also, if anyone needs a Monk for ubers, I have a few keys and a machine. Just looking for people to run with. Comfortably farming on MP3, fyi.

Add me Duffus#1805
Reply Quote
Not sure if anyone has asked this already, if so just tell me what page or link to go to, but what's the benefit to having 3 or more machines?

Also, if anyone needs a Monk for ubers, I have a few keys and a machine. Just looking for people to run with. Comfortably farming on MP3, fyi.

Add me Duffus#1805

The reason for having 3 or more has to do with the fact that the portals are randomly generated each game. For example, say I have 1 machine and I do Ubers. That one machine will open a random portal. Let's say it opens Seleton King/Maghda. You fight them and get a spine. Then you leave the game amd farm for another machine. Now that you have another machine you go to do Ubers again. This time around you naturally would rather get the portals for either fang/eye, but because it is a new game you have a 1/3 chance of getting another portal for Skeleton King/Maghda and therefore another spine.

By using 3 machines in one game you give yourself 100% assurance that you will get an equal shot at each organ. This is because you can only open three portals per game and each portal is guaranteed to be unique. This way you better your chances at getting a ring quicker.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]