Diablo® III

The Elder Scrolls Online

Heard about this game not very long ago on the D3 forums. Watched an introduction video on some of the basic systems, and I definitely liked what I saw. I bought skyrim a few days ago off kijiji for $20 just to get a daily dosage of Elder Scrolls games. Tryin' to sooth the anticipation.

If you haven't seen the video

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZenimaxOnlineStudios

Beware, it's pretty awesome.
Edited by Gnosis#1870 on 11/23/2012 12:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah.. im mainly excited about being able to play all of tamriel for the first time since daggerfall.
Reply Quote
It is exciting isn't it.

An Alpha Review video for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI&list=PL1-LR-EeaqiR-vIW3oreVOh3YLrXBSxJG&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Talks a lot about a few things from a players first impressions. In short, it blew his mind.

Some very interesting points on the pvp.
Edited by Gnosis#1870 on 11/22/2012 6:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
I hate when youtubers just repost videos. If the guy had added his own commentary or something, then I wouldn't care. Here's the official channel. I'd rather give them views since it's their content.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZenimaxOnlineStudios

Now, with my pet peeve out of the way...

I'm interested in the game, but not excited. The first video doesn't really make combat look very fun to me. I'm willing to accept it's in Alpha and there's work to be done to make everything better so I'm not writing it off just yet. I love Jesse's videos anyway and his excitement does more for me than the official video does. I'm sure the game looks a lot better in person.

I'm really interested in the server technology they're using though. That actually has me excited. Just hope they can pull it off at the level they're saying they can.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 11/22/2012 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
The first video doesn't really make combat look very fun to me. I'm willing to accept it's in Alpha and there's work to be done to make everything better so I'm not writing it off just yet.

Yeah, the introduction video doesn't go into much detail. Of course, if you played other elder scrolls games then you'd probably already have somewhat of an idea of what it'll play like.

The alpha review video gave a bit more detail, and it reminded me of Final Fantasy 11 a lot where you can combo off other players abilities (that was the most addicting part of FFXI). Also, during the alpha review video the publisher Jesse Cox says combat impressed him the most, blew his mind, and that's what he was most excited about for this game. I doubt there will be anything static about the combat. Which should make combat more interesting than other mmos.

I guess we just have to wait for Zenimax Online Studios to release more detailed videos.

edit: changed the link above ; )
Edited by Gnosis#1870 on 11/23/2012 12:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
Fus Ro Dah
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]