Diablo® III

Question about DHs. Might try one out.

I'm not sure about you guys, but the build I'm currently using lets me pound through act2 MP3-4 rather easily. I can almost pull MP5 for act1, though I do have a few more deaths. I think it's less the class itself, and more how you prefer to play. And personally, I love the DH.
Reply Quote
Also, Dabrix, with no MP I more or less one shot everything, and 4-5 shot elites if my crits line up right.
Reply Quote
I don't use shadow but the point of it is not having to stutter step to avoid damage.

In essence, what you would kill sometimes having to smoke screen, you'll kill 2x+ under shadow and not have to stutter which lowers effective dps or backtrack when SS runs out or low on discipline.

I just prefer smoke screen because of immunity to everything. Yeah sometimes I have to backtrack but it doesn't throw me over 15 mins on an alk run on mp1 so whatevs.

Shadow gets me into trouble a lot, but that's just personal stupidity.
Edited by Praxis#1130 on 11/25/2012 4:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 04:11 PMPosted by DarthAakesh
I'm not sure about you guys, but the build I'm currently using lets me pound through act2 MP3-4 rather easily. I can almost pull MP5 for act1, though I do have a few more deaths. I think it's less the class itself, and more how you prefer to play. And personally, I love the DH.

Bang on.. DH is pretty versatile in build. If you're having success then f'it.. Go win.
Reply Quote
Ya, doing a act2 key run mp4 and I've died twice to those damn exploding plants. That's the only thing that gets me, otherwise I have no problems.
Reply Quote
For main left click attack is Hungering Arrow or Bola better for running through Act 3? With mobs so close together seems like Bola would be better.
Reply Quote
You must not have tried my suggestion, hunger - teeth.
Hand holding can only go so far. :) Figure it out.
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
For MP0 will you even really use Shadow Power that much? Or if your DPS is high enough do you just 1 shot everything before it even gets close to you?

i use shadow glide, as you still need the lifesteal to combat reflect...

but having bonus movement speed on low MP over dmg reduction i think is obvious choice ;)
Reply Quote
What a mess I am. I am so out of tune with the dh's on here. I can burn up MP 5 and 6 . The thing I like most is I can use my stuff on my Monky Wonk and she does well over 100k. My build on this dh is different then other dh's, but like I said I can burn up 5 and 6 without a problem with reflect damage. What a mess I am.

OP look around at other dh's and you will get a idea on how to build your dh. Just by looking at their builds. Have fun playing the game.
Edited by Anna#1231 on 11/26/2012 1:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
Whats the preferred build for speed farming MP0-1.

If you want to rip through MP0-1 use a grenade cluster arrow build w/ scatter spike traps.

You will need:
400 resists
3k armor
40k hp.
2.4+ attacks per sec (very important)
~110k dps using only archery

Grenades - tinkerer (primary)
Cluster arrow - loaded for bear
Spike trap - scatter
Gloom
Bat

grenadier
perfectionist
archery

I'm pretty sure at equivalent dps, there isn't a faster build when it comes to clearing out mobs and elites.
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 02:23 AMPosted by Monsta
If you want to rip through MP0-1 use a grenade cluster arrow build w/ scatter spike traps.

11/26/2012 02:23 AMPosted by Monsta
I'm pretty sure at equivalent dps, there isn't a faster build when it comes to clearing out mobs and elites.

um... i dunno man... 2 ball lightnings and the whole room is empty, at 2 attacks per second that's 1 second per room... with scatter traps you have to wait 1.2 seconds for the traps to even arm...

i dunno but i would never use perfectionist on low MP speed farming...

also not sure how you manage to speed farm low MP without Vault/TA...

simply switching trap to vault and perfectionist to tactical advantage would drastically increase this builds speed on low mp... also incorporate BL for trash if you must have Cluster arrow for elites... personally my BL's level elites in a matter of seconds as well...
also switching the grenades to bola shot with volatile explosives...

in my mind grenades are exclusively for high MP...
Edited by Philos#1386 on 11/26/2012 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
this is the spec i use if i am farming mp0-1

http://oi47.tinypic.com/30cod4y.jpg

pretty much just run around spamming ball lightning with enough dmg it'll only take a couple to clear trash and about half of your hatred pool vs elites

every now and then toss out a bola shot or two for some hatred regen

if anyone could suggest something to increase speed... please lemme know :)
Reply Quote
Trust me ... Monsta knows what he is talkin about... I play with him a lot.

I still use BL as most are saying. However the cluster grenades are wicked. and much faster than the slow travel-path of the BL. BL is nice as it goes further I think than the grenades do but if you walk and shoot or vault and shoot is all the same and so much more instant deaths over BL itself.

One here said 1-2 BL can clear out a room. well you may shoot 2 per second but it takes another 3-5 seconds for it to get to the end of the room. You try cluster grenades and what a difference from a time perspective it has.

Same would be said for multi-shot if you want to spam that. Super insta deaths using that skill as well but that is a hatred spender.

just sayin.... if you do give the grenades a try you will see what monsta is talkin about. :)

bola is too slow for MP0/1 ... has a 1sec fuse on it. if you say 1.2s for spiked is too slow what about bola? even with some aoe still slow.
Edited by BubbaGump#1297 on 11/26/2012 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Dabrixmgp
For MP0 will you even really use Shadow Power that much? Or if your DPS is high enough do you just 1 shot everything before it even gets close to you?

You need shadow power/gloom to battle the reflect monsters. Kiting will slow you down. Pop gloom and kill them in 1-3 pops depending if they have extra health affix.

My combination is Evasife fire - covering fire and Strafe - demolition and using vengeance passive. I have Elemental arrow - ball lightning as my third when I'm in the Keeps to kill the monsters deep in the room before i even enter. For open spaces, combination of EF and Strafe.
Edited by Ring#1441 on 11/26/2012 3:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
One here said 1-2 BL can clear out a room. well you may shoot 2 per second but it takes another 3-5 seconds for it to get to the end of the room.

you don't ever go to the other end of the room... just vault+2x's BL then vault to next room, and repeat, don't even wait to see them die...

Same would be said for multi-shot if you want to spam that. Super insta deaths using that skill as well but that is a hatred spender.

yea this is comparable in speed, but the hatred management is slightly less efficient, but with enough dps you could drop archery for vengeance and then you're good to go...

11/26/2012 01:51 PMPosted by BubbaGump
just sayin.... if you do give the grenades a try you will see what monsta is talkin about. :)

oh i use grenades plenty, just imo the mechanics of the skill are clunky and awkward for low mp

bola is too slow for MP0/1 ... has a 1sec fuse on it. if you say 1.2s for spiked is too slow what about bola? even with some aoe still slow.

well you just toss 2 bola's into a group (takes 1 second) of monsters then vault away (do not wait for bola to trigger) and with volatile explosive the whole room is dead... again you do not wait for the delay just make sure you have the dps to kill everything in 2 shots

on MP0 you only need like 150k and mp1 200k should be good

something... i just can't imagine grenades being faster than this... i can post a video of a speed run if you like

You need shadow power/gloom to battle the reflect monsters. Kiting will slow you down. Pop gloom and kill them in 1-3 pops depending if they have extra health affix.

well on low mp, with enough all rez the dmg reduction from gloom isn't that significant... the lifesteal is sufficient combating reflect, so i usually run shadow glide for the movement speed...
Edited by Philos#1386 on 11/26/2012 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote

um... i dunno man... 2 ball lightnings and the whole room is empty, at 2 attacks per second that's 1 second per room... with scatter traps you have to wait 1.2 seconds for the traps to even arm...

i dunno but i would never use perfectionist on low MP speed farming...

also not sure how you manage to speed farm low MP without Vault/TA...

simply switching trap to vault and perfectionist to tactical advantage would drastically increase this builds speed on low mp... also incorporate BL for trash if you must have Cluster arrow for elites... personally my BL's level elites in a matter of seconds as well...
also switching the grenades to bola shot with volatile explosives...

in my mind grenades are exclusively for high MP...

So you can do all that with ball lighting at 110k dps? Last time I was at 110k dps back in 1.04 inferno and I couldnt clear out elites in a matter of seconds with ball lightning.

Perhaps my perception of how easy MP0-1 is skewed since I generally play in higher MP levels. But like I said, at equivalent dps, this build clear out mobs AND elites faster than others.
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 11/26/2012 7:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I personally think DHs farm pretty fast. actually I have tried barbs and monks.. I can run past normal mobs and go straight to the elites to farm NV (can actually do that with DH too) , but for me I wanna kill every single mob standing in my way. mre often then never I have legendaries dropping of normal mobs.

In short if you want to massacre mobs enmasse DK is fun to use. I don;t have super gear but i can face tank and farm quickly up to MP5, so yeah you don't need to have super gear to do so, just the right combination of skills and decent gear
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Monsta
So you can do all that with ball lighting at 110k dps?

11/26/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Philos
on MP0 you only need like 150k and mp1 200k should be good

?

i usually shoot 3 just to be safe :P

but yea on mp0 all it takes is 1 crit and the trash is dead... so 2 shots usually gets the job done

toyed a lil with night bane over shadow glide tonight, both are much faster than gloom for low MP...

but i mean i did a low budget speed run also... less than 100k dps was under 9mil cost... cleared act 3 in like 30minutes... so yea i'd say it works even with low dps... you have admitted to not playing mp0 much... go play some then you might realize how low hp they actually have...
Edited by Philos#1386 on 11/27/2012 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
this is with shadow glide - full act 3 clear (-3zones) less than 20 minutes
http://www.twitch.tv/philosophios/c/1750096#

dont see how you could come close to this time w/o vault/TA... (or with a barb...)

but i am open for suggestions...

11/25/2012 10:37 AMPosted by ezBreezy
demon hunter are the slowest paragon farmers out of all the classes. honestly, youre better off investing in a ww barb if you want to farm.

this is 1.0.4 mentality to the max... this is prolly not true anymore...

i farm circles around more expensive barbs than myself... but only on low mp... where the WW kinda falls apart :/
Edited by Philos#1386 on 11/27/2012 12:50 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]