Diablo® III

Shouldn't have given us fleeting shrines

All the other shrines are attainable. Like the 25% extra MF/GF? You can gear that way. Like the 25% IAS? Get more IAS gear. Like 25% movement speed? Well that's just a tease.

It obviously doesn't mess up the game mechanics if you're allowed to have it for 2 minutes. Barbs can run at higher speeds almost the whole time. If I want to gear towards higher movement speeds, I should be able to.

PS, I already have Lacunis and an Inquisitor sitting in my stash with hopes they lift the cap.
Reply Quote
I dont know what you are trying to say. The boots itself gives you 12%, so all you need is another item with 12% and you are at 25% (well, 24% but you know what I mean).
Reply Quote
I have 24% MS, but with fleeting its 49%. Then I go back to 24% and can't get any higher (even though I have the gear to do so)
Reply Quote
The cap is 25%, how are you being limited to 24% with additional gear?
Reply Quote
Because he's special Kirishima
Reply Quote
Well, I get OP's point. No reason to get caught up in the small details.

Cap clearly isn't necessary.
Edited by victore07#1441 on 11/19/2012 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Kirishima

limited no!!! but what fool buys 12 % ms to use 1 percent of it
Reply Quote

Cap clearly is necessary. Think about it, movement speed is possibly the strongest stat both for progression and farming (and possibly PvP). It allows you to:
a) outrun monsters and not take damage (progression)
b) rush through areas while overgeared, massively increasing run efficiency (farming)
c) dodge attacks and catch up to retreating players (PvP)

Increasing or removing the cap will only mean that everybody will want to max it out and items without MS in slots which can roll MS are going to be considered "garbage". Also threads on forums would start to pop out like "Did Blizzard intend for us to use only items with MS?" or "No diversity - everybody stacks MS and DPS".
Reply Quote

Cap clearly is necessary. Think about it, movement speed is possibly the strongest stat both for progression and farming (and possibly PvP). It allows you to:
a) outrun monsters and not take damage (progression)
b) rush through areas while overgeared, massively increasing run efficiency (farming)
c) dodge attacks and catch up to retreating players (PvP)

Increasing or removing the cap will only mean that everybody will want to max it out and items without MS in slots which can roll MS are going to be considered "garbage". Also threads on forums would start to pop out like "Did Blizzard intend for us to use only items with MS?" or "No diversity - everybody stacks MS and DPS".

By that logic Crit Damage should have been capped long before IAS and Movement speed were. Crit damage trumps everything.

Nothing needs to be capped or nerfed. Let people play.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 09:51 PMPosted by magickman93

limited no!!! but what fool buys 12 % ms to use 1 percent of it

Alkaizer did when he was running for world first paragon 100. Had 3 pieces with movement speed.
Reply Quote
By that logic Crit Damage should have been capped long before IAS and Movement speed were. Crit damage trumps everything.

Perhaps. CD is only strong with high CC otherwise it is weak - you have to sacrifice more affix slots to get what you want. Still, having unlimited movement speed would cause a lot more "problems" than CC/CD dominance in the dps department. There isn't a single way in the game to compete with high movement speed - not dps, not survivability, no skills, nothing. Why do people love fleeting shrines? Because it gives them a bonus which is unmatched by anything else in the game.
Reply Quote
Because being able to run fast is lots of fun and we can't be having any of that now can we?
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 10:10 PMPosted by theodore
I don't know why the !@#$ no one understands this anymore.

This type of game should be about having fun and being overpowered. It's not an e-sport, it doesn't need to be balanced, it just needs to be fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]