Diablo® III

Finally 100k dps, but doing it the Jedi way!

Just want to give a shout out to all the amazing monk mentors here (LordRaahl, Piffle, Nameless etc.). Sorry if I missed some names but you guys have done an amazing job in building such an awesome community here :)

Not completely there yet but having a balanced build definitely makes a big difference in the overall monk experience! I'm finally loving the monk and the great diversity it brings to d3 :D

P.S. My profile hasn't updated yet but I'm currently:

102.9k dps, 33.5k hp, 5.1k armor, 551 resist, 42% crit chance, 319% crit dmg, 43.3% dodge, 2.25 attack speed, 2.9% ls, 441 lps, 24% movement speed.
Edited by Rhue#1815 on 11/19/2012 10:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
good job mate!! :)
Reply Quote
excellent, the Force is strong in you!

yay, you are veeery close to the PERFECT dps! :D
and by "perfect dps", I mean the flawless line between challenge and faceroll.
the Zen area.

and the perfect dps is 106k
or 106660.

Because if you take that number, and multiply it by 7.29x
according to Weegee's Real-dps calculator thread
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006895894

then you get

Mwuahahahahahah!! xD

anyways, good job. :P
now catch up with dat Elite kill amount! >:)
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 11/20/2012 3:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
I cannot agree more. There are a lot of non socket items that can be much cheaper and bring you the same results. For example I switched my socketed ammy with a non socket rare one to get the same amount of dex, but higher vit and crit. The price was half the socketed amulet.

I think one problem stems from the fact that quite a few players don't actually have an end goal in mind in terms of their gear and stats upgrade. The guides by LordRaahl and Piffle go a long way into guiding monks to planning their upgrades and the balance we need to aim for.
Reply Quote
Congrats Rhue =)
Reply Quote
i need help with my monk plz help me out my dps i cant get higher im stuck i love being a tank but im trying to get my dps atleast to 100k plz help me i dont know how to post my profile so if i didnt im sry
Reply Quote
Congrats Rhue! I look forward to joining you in the 100K club soon.

@KingRedMan: The biggest hole in your build is Crit Damage. You need it on your weapons to really take advantage of your Crit Chance. For more specific advice, create a new thread and the friendly monks on the board will certainly help you out. Let's not hijack this thread. The purpose of this thread is telling Rhue how awesome he is :)
Reply Quote
Congrats, Rhue!!
Reply Quote
Well done sir!
Reply Quote
i wouldnt get to happy cause now your stuck fixing your hp and getting some loh unless you plan to stick around low mp. 30k range hp is far from comfortable to play with and 3% ls by itself is not nearly enough sustain. thats the issue with these "budget" guides sure they get you damage but they are not very balanced if your skimping stats on parts. save yourself the headache of constantly changing gear to fix stats skipped. buy good balanced gear with dex AND vita along with the other mods you need for that slot. ive been through enough gear changes to know its more of a headache than its worth to build cheap skimping stats you NEED
Reply Quote
Don't rain on the guys parade AdamR. Congrats Rhue, only down side now is that upgrades cost your first born.
Reply Quote
@AdamR I totally agree with you and working towards that goal (my aim is to get closer to 40k hp) and still have quite a bit saved up (lucked out big time on a socketed 1200dps calamity!).

As far as the budget guides are concerned, I actually focused more on LordRaahl's guide to gearing and balancing a monk and did not follow any particular setup. Whenever Blizz decides to update my profile you should see gear that are more balanced with high dex and vit. Will be replacing WKL with something that adds loh along with dex and perhaps vit. Also still have a budget to upgrade VW, and rings.
Reply Quote
not raining on anyone parade just informing him of what hes going to look forward to. you need to keep SOME life steal so changing your wkl to a weap with loh will not help you a whole lot unless your changing your foa to a weap with ls. i would suggest just saving at this point and upgrading with gear you can keep for a while starting with your gloves. some nice gloves with dex/vit/ias/cc and single but preferably dual res. they may be costly but its the easiest upgrade you can make to start fixing things. adding some vita and res to that slot will allow for you to start upgrading stuff like your ammy and losing its res/vit for more damage while still keeping balanced. also upgrade them pants to have vita or res instead of the worthless thorns mod would be the next good step
Reply Quote
appreciate the feedback, thanks!
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 02:51 PMPosted by AdamR
i wouldnt get to happy cause now your stuck fixing your hp and getting some loh unless you plan to stick around low mp. 30k range hp is far from comfortable to play with and 3% ls by itself is not nearly enough sustain. thats the issue with these "budget" guides sure they get you damage but they are not very balanced if your skimping stats on parts. save yourself the headache of constantly changing gear to fix stats skipped. buy good balanced gear with dex AND vita along with the other mods you need for that slot. ive been through enough gear changes to know its more of a headache than its worth to build cheap skimping stats you NEED

I don't agree with this assessment at all. OP has 33k health without an amethyst in helm and he can easily swap in 15% extra life when he's doing Key or Uber runs putting him around 37-38k?

I do key runs/ubers on MP 8 with 35k health and it's a cakewalk. Now, granted, MP 8 is not MP 10, but to act like he can only do MP 3 is farcical. In other words ... piffle!
Reply Quote
and what gear are you swapping to for this? no way in hell mp8 is a cakewalk with no sustain except a couple 100 life regen
Reply Quote
Update: So I cleared mp7 but died a bunch of times, so mp5 runs seem to be the most efficient.

I also just upgraded my nat ring with 305 loh, and an open socket where I insert an amethyst for 35K hp (should improve my mp7 adventure). I still have 150m to spend so interesting to see what to upgrade next :)
Reply Quote
*looks at profile* 99983.8 DPS...

Curse that last 16.2 DPS.
Reply Quote
I'd suggest staying in mp4-5 for a while and explore all the monk skills/builds possible before deciding on which path of gear you wish to upgrade ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]