Diablo® III

Electrify Magic Weapon & CM/WW

So all these varant builds keep floating around to try to out damage basic SNS for MP9 and MP10 farming.

It seems to be the consensus that standard SNS with adaquate utility and freeze ability is maxed out at MP8 for efficient farming without insane levels of gearing (high end trifect duncraig and best in server chants source).

The meteor variants were the first step and extremely beneficial for dps. The issue is meteor uses an attack turn, and procs CM at a much lower rate than wicked wind. Therefore you were giving up freeze lock for DPS, and only obtaining high DPS returns with a 30 APoC set up.

These downsides pretty much relegated the build to niche status.

So today I thought there had to be another way. Something worth giving up teleport for that provide PASSIVE dps that didn't require an attack turn like meteor.

Solution is magic weapon, but all the runes suck. 15% dps wasn't enough from force weapon to justify no teleport (the knockback sucks too). Blood magic isn't needed cause we're tank anyway.

Venom is great. Adds quality single target damage.

Then I tried electrify and my jaw hit the floor.

Functionality;

Attacks have a chance to deal 10% damage to 3 nearby enemies.

What this means in certain situations...

Single Targets = NOTHING, you get the 10% to paper dps, that is all. Electrify bolts cannot hit the target it is proc'n off of.

Two Targets... 10 Twisters at a time at 2.73 breakpoint = 120 hits per second total. On hit proc so 120 * 0.125 = 15 procs a second. Each bolt only has one available target so 15 bolts occur. +150% weapon damage.

Three Targets... 10 Twisters at a time at 2.73 = 180 hits per second total. On hit proc, so 180 * 0.125 = 22 procs a second. Each bolt has two targets available for 22 * 2 * 10 = 440% weapon damage per second extra.

Four Targets (oh boy)... 10 Twisters at a time at 2.73 = 240 hits per second total. On hit proc, so 240 * 0.125 = 30 procs a second. Each bolt has all three targets available for 30 * 3 * 10 = 900% damage per second extra.

...Yeah...

Go try it. Find a group of 5 or 6 or 10 and watch MP10 disapear.

Cons... Extra health yellow elites still suck after minions are all dead. Theres just no way around that 80m hp.
Reply Quote
Will definitely give this a go.. sounds exciting :-)
Reply Quote
Just curious... what does SNS stand for?

I'll also give the the skill a try.
Reply Quote
A couple of things of note.

1) I dont see any yellow numbers in the range of 10%. I'm reasonably sure these bolts are not able to 'crit'. Now whether or not its 'crit adjusted' or not is hard to say. My 'weapon damage' is roughly 25000 atm. Therefore in the four target situation where all four are taking 22 bolts i'd see roughly 57k extra dps per target. That is FAR less than I'm actually seeing. I'm willing to make the tenative assumption that these bolts are effected by crit chance and crit damage, but do not show yellow.

2) These bolts have a 0.000 proc coeff. You get no additional CM, no LoH return, nor do they cause more shocking aspect bolts if they crit. Its just pure, raw AoE dps.
Reply Quote
stands for s8a8i14 not Shandler
Reply Quote
View profile
No fancy name. Me disappoint.

This build rocks guys 100K mp 10 well sorta..
Reply Quote
oh my god this is !@#$ing awesome.....

tested it on act3 mp8 and white mobs are melting.. way faster than stretch time 20% or cm meteor stream...

i have an upgraded source (275 int, 240avgdmg) and + 4% cc lacunis that arent in my profile...
Reply Quote
Nice, guessing slowtime/timewarp for grouped ubers and weapon/electrify for solo ubers and grinds?

11/19/2012 11:09 PMPosted by AiYoo

Shock'n'shards I thought, dunno, I can never keep up.
Reply Quote
View profile

I'll also give the the skill a try.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004037930
Reply Quote
View profile
I've tested a few times - old school only way I know how- recording play - play back with stop watch in hand after wind up - run 10 seconds noting HP b4 and after and I'm seeing about 10.5 multi max. Is that what u see?
Reply Quote
Reflect damage mobs will pawn me even more now...
Reply Quote
if you had ample attack speed, armor, and res couldnt you supplant the magic weapon with slow time +20% dmg? then everything is taking 20% more damage on every single one of your electric shards?
Edited by GrizZ#1908 on 11/19/2012 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
this is really incredible for aoe, nice find

only problem is giving up teleport
Reply Quote
View profile
11/19/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Fatamorgana
Reflect damage mobs will pawn me even more now...

lol yeah.. I ran into a reflect electric pack under keeps after shand told me about build and i'm you f'er now I got to buy more LOH thanks a lot.

Definite couldn't face tank that combo like i could b4. with 5100 armor and 838 ar 980 loh.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:28 PMPosted by GrizZ
if you had ample attack speed, armor, and res couldnt you supplant the magic weapon with slow time +20% dmg? then everything is taking 20% more damage on every single one of your electric shards?

I've done few testing with slow time - time warp, molten impact - conflagration, venom hydra, to replace teleport. tested on Ghom on MP9 (98m HP), im surprised that the result is almost equal in DPS. Result:

SNS with time warp : 80 sec average
SNS with molten impact and conflagration : 78 sec average
SNS with venom Hydra : 80 sec average

tested on 30 APoC, 2.8 aps breakpoints and 53% CC, with Time Warp is the easiest and most beneficial to apply, and with Molten Impact, my HP drops below 50% often.

I cant wait to try this Electrify lol.
Reply Quote
i already tested on mp10 ghom, it didn't add to my DPS beyond the magic weapon % that was expected

it is really for aoe
Reply Quote
lol wow you guys weren't kidding
Reply Quote
like... im freaking out.

white mobs in mp 8 keeps 2/3, rakkis crossing etc go down like its mp3 or mp4......

amazing find good sir.
Edited by GrizZ#1908 on 11/19/2012 11:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've tested a few times - old school only way I know how- recording play - play back with stop watch in hand after wind up - run 10 seconds noting HP b4 and after and I'm seeing about 10.5 multi max. Is that what u see?

Thats around what i'm seeing against 3x target champion packs. 30m heath champion packs taking 12-15 seconds.

Fields of slaughter feels like alot more. All those 3m+ health whites dying in what feels like two seconds. Before wind up is even rolling.

There is definitely a massive difference between 2, 3, or 4 mobs under your twisters though. You can feel it easily its so huge.

i already tested on mp10 ghom, it didn't add to my DPS beyond the magic weapon % that was expected

it is really for aoe

Yeah, the bolts do not occur at all in single target situations. 10% more dps vs yellow elites is still not bad though.
Edited by Shandlar#1961 on 11/19/2012 11:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah melting white mobs is nice... not sure how i feel about no teleport :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]