Diablo® III

Electrify Magic Weapon & CM/WW

View profile
11/19/2012 11:57 PMPosted by pabrt
yeah melting white mobs is nice... not sure how i feel about no teleport :(

hard to give up. I love the meteor builds but more a novelty due to TP loss.
Reply Quote
got an AR armor blackthorne pants to drop using this on mp10 A1... kind of hot haha
Reply Quote
i can confirm pants dropped for me as well.
Reply Quote
WOOOOOOOOWWWWWW
Reply Quote
Best skill for uber: time wrap, 20% party damage buff.

Best skill for paragon: archon (+ scramble)

Best skill for key farming: wormhole (five NV and then haul azz for warden)

I just can't really fit magic weapon in anywhere.
Edited by Wtflag#1258 on 11/20/2012 12:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 12:18 AMPosted by s8a8i14
i can confirm pants dropped for me as well.

this skill is making us less manly
Reply Quote
spectral blades beat archon.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 12:36 AMPosted by s8a8i14
spectral blades beat archon.

but wave of force beats all!!
Reply Quote
I have a question but this may be out of topic. So the + %lighting damage from Storm Crow add to the Electrify Magic Weapon as well as Storm armor?
Reply Quote
No, it adds % damage AS lightning, not TO lightning

it's poorly worded
Reply Quote
Just did some testing with this @ MP10.

Sucks to have no teleport, but the gains on this is pretty huge.

I'm pretty sure i'm doing over 2m per second.

The MORE monsters the better the results, you want the biggest mob/parade coming to your front door with this !

Will do more testing against different affixes so far no issues.
Reply Quote
doing pony level with this on is.... so fun.

for areas without tons of ranged mobs (A3), i can see running this without teleport for mp10
Reply Quote
Should we go for balance stats (2.74aps with OS chant wand) or maximum aps (double aps chant wand) for this build?
Reply Quote
View profile
Just did some testing with this @ MP10.

Sucks to have no teleport, but the gains on this is pretty huge.

I'm pretty sure i'm doing over 2m per second.

The MORE monsters the better the results, you want the biggest mob/parade coming to your front door with this !

Will do more testing against different affixes so far no issues.

Yeah this is the: kill 5 elites then kill all whites MP10 build. Fast.
Reply Quote
Best skill for uber: time warp, 20% party damage buff.

my thoughts exactly. but i must agree the sht loads of dmge done on multiple mobs are amazing
Reply Quote
"attacks have a chance to cast lightning arc to 3 nearby enemies"
So when you have 2 targets, does the lightning bounce back to its first target?
Reply Quote
Sweeeeet suggestions gents. This is pheaaaarful.
Reply Quote
After completing run on MP10, here are my observations:

PROS

Kill speed - Literally melts packs of whites. Even some elites were going down in seconds at MP10. Otherwise single or two monsters about the same, but at least have buff from MW.

Play style is more like a riding a lawn mower moving slowing head on into packs.

From what I noticed, no issues with reflect damage from the arcs...

CONS

80% of my deaths could have been avoided with teleport nuff said.

Imagine a 400k dps archon in MP2. With no move speed/scramble, thats us with no teleport.

Conclusion - Can't be the definitive staple build for wizard, although there are many arguements for it, the synergy is unreal.

But in terms of efficiency, speed wins all, therefore, in speed farming, this is out. However, in group play, this can be another happy variant among the high dps builds like meteor and time bubble play.
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 11/20/2012 2:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Best skill for uber: time wrap, 20% party damage buff.

I just can't really fit magic weapon in anywhere.

Loot!?

"attacks have a chance to cast lightning arc to 3 nearby enemies"
So when you have 2 targets, does the lightning bounce back to its first target?

No, I dont believe it does. If it did we wouldn't see such a difference between two and three (and four) target situations in game. Its a marked difference.

Edit;

11/20/2012 02:03 AMPosted by Boozor
But in terms of efficiency, speed wins all, therefore, in speed farming, this is out. However, in group play, this can be another happy variant among the high dps builds like meteor and time bubble play.

Idk...I cut arreat 2 from my run and it fixed all the problems. The only !@#$ty mob is succubus really. Everything else is controllable at 124% MS without teleport.

The AoE here is just immense. I really feel like this is my new perm spec. The loss of teleport DOES require some serious tank though. You can't always avoid arcane beams and without easy recapture ability you dont wanna move out of desc. pools and lose your stun lock.

Honestly though, I finished my gearing set. Chasing dps alone isn't very fun. This spec out makes my defenses less absurd, I feel like I'm getting something out of it. I can definitely do some min-maxing too on some pieces.
Edited by Shandlar#1961 on 11/20/2012 3:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Trying to make this work without nova. Just did a 20min run on MP3 core->td1->fields->k2->k3->sky. Life leech dagger, wicked wind, calamity, crystal shell, unleashed, electrify, scramble, glass cannon, evocation, critical mass. The build can be run in MP4 by swapping glasscannon for illusionist makes calamity a weaker crowd controller then nova for phase beasts.

This could be the end of shocking aspect. electrify near its peak is around 50% better.
People that trade shocking aspect in for electrify can replace teleport with pinpoint, scramble, time warp.

I am going to try out just replacing shocking aspect tomorrow on MP6; wicked wind, safe passage, shards, unleashed, bone chill, electrify, cold blooded, evocation, critical mass
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 11/20/2012 3:38 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]