Diablo® III

Electrify Magic Weapon & CM/WW

It's a nice boost for sure, but I don't think I'm going to end up using it very often.

For ubers I'll be using %20 dmg bubble anyway(great for dmg AND slowing swarms on butterfly lady)
For key farming I'll be using teleport to blitz to elites/wardens
For item/XP farming I go archon
Reply Quote
I did a mp6 + mp7 run today

I dropped Storm armor in favor of Prismatic (increased damage reduction) and dropped teleport for MW.

I am no expert, but with barely 100k dps after buff, I was able to clean mob at a good pace. Also, with Prismatic, I saw a huge increase in damage reduction, thus allowing me to survive (for example, taking 1 hit of the manic in Depth 2)
Reply Quote
yeah to take maniac hit you need like 450K ehp in mp10 I think. Cuz when I stick vit gems in chest i can. But ive gotten freeze down good enough I dont need it.
Reply Quote
^Its actually like 550k (pre-dodge) =/. Really really hard to tank them. Pretty much requires a fresh diamond shards and 40k life. Just can't mitigate it alone.
Edited by Shandlar#1961 on 11/21/2012 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nice find Shandlar.

11/19/2012 11:32 PMPosted by Aimless
Reflect damage mobs will pawn me even more now...

lol yeah.. I ran into a reflect electric pack under keeps after shand told me about build and i'm you f'er now I got to buy more LOH thanks a lot.

Definite couldn't face tank that combo like i could b4. with 5100 armor and 838 ar 980 loh.

You could probably afford those LOH but just a cheaper suggestion from a poor guy: Disable magic weapon when you meet those.
Reply Quote
interesting choice to say the least

will give it a shot shortly :)

ty for the research :)

Edit:

after playing with it for a bit here are my thoughts. Its very nice overall and an interesting approach.. I havent used teleport in a while so there is nothing to miss there :P (i ll compare to sns+liquify below as their very close)

Pros:
- stuff dies very fast when u have loads of mobs (2+) (a bit too fast i d say when u have a yellow in there)
- locking is maintained compared to meteors for sure as u dont have to use attack turn
- mechanics are exactly the same as sns

Cons:
- It does nothing to eliminate/lower wind-up time which is what i feel meteors excel at (they dont directly lower it, but because u can throw a meteor or two before the actual lock, i feel its a faster overall way to play as this time is what takes the most for me at least on mp10 - to reach my full dps.. with ww + meteors u get similar aoe if u throw meteors at correct spots as u get the crits from there as well - liquify)

i tried with paralysis rune which i m not sure is triggered or not.. but i didnt die once in mp10 alkaizer run so... ;) .. For blast i ve been using short fuse lately as i feel its more dmg than chain (though i havent tested)

Reflects are fine with LS wand for me
Edited by DrEgo#2112 on 11/22/2012 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was testing this out and found this thread. I was looking for something to replace EB with in lower mps.

Using only twisters i could not get this to proc, and did not see a noticable damage increase. I did not see anything like SA procs (visible electric ligtnings). Using a missile spell, MW+ELE worked as expected (try it, the effect is easily noticable), but not with twisters.

This could easily be teh skill with SA and MB twisters for quick spammage & deadly twisters on lower mps, but it doesn't seem to work. Are you guys sure about this?
Reply Quote
I'm sure. I see the Lightning going from monster to monster, and no, it's not SA proc, it has different animation, like a chain of lightning. Easy to mix it up with SA proc though.
Reply Quote
Well just found this post cuz I have the day off and ever since last wed I have been in a daze...

Nice find btw. I been trying it and it seems to rock when going solo or even just Item runs. Obviously Time warp 20% dmg bubble better in grps for ubers... But that is common sense I think. I may not be the smartest may but common sense is isn't so common anymore.
Reply Quote
I really dislike losing teleport for electrify, so how effective is it to swap out electrify for EB? There would certainly be a loss of DPS, but how much?

The bonuses for using Electrify:

-Full AP globe no matter what even against single target
-Bonus paper DPS
-Skills activate faster due to less server lag response (this needs testing, but it seems to activate faster for me when I don't have to click 4 things)

I don't know if this justifies swapping out EB for Electrify tho
Edited by Coolica#1500 on 11/26/2012 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
That's a good question Cool....I'm not sure what EB is worth.
--back of the napkin calculation--
SNS is about 7x paper DPS
NS (no SA) is about 4.5x paper DPS
SN (no shards) is about 6x paper DPS
all things being equal twister damage and EB must account for a base of 3.5x paper DPS. And I'm guessing that with how much you stack EB's that it probably accounts for most of that 3.5x.

In other words, you see alot of different builds, swapping our this or that.....but never EB. I don't think electrify would make up for EB. And it'd have to exceed it for it to be worthwhile.

I guess you could try it. Kill Gohm with EB. Kill gohm with MW/electrify.

I'll be eagerly awaiting the results!
Reply Quote
I think EB makes up about 50% of your dps against 4+ targets. It's more like 20-30% single target. WW will contribute a little under 2.52 to the multiplier when AP saturated because that's the WW multiplier if you can just spam it non-stop, so FN casts will reduce it a bit.
Reply Quote
nave u guys tried venom? I m trying to test if it stacks. My preliminary testing seems to indicate that it stacks per attack ie per wicket wind that you push out (so ticks of one wind wont stack on each mob) per target. if that is indeed true it would mean that per target, this would be much more dmg and it would scale even better with higher attack speeds (more winds = more of those 15% over 3sec. I know its only 5% extra dmg per sec per target per wind. we do like 2 twisters per sec (at 2.53)? something like that.. thats 10% extra dmg per target on top of the 10% that it gives to our sheet dps (and if u include shards as an attack + blasts.. then it should get even better.. assuming u do 1 per sec of each.. thats another extra 10% - giving a total of 30% extra dmg per target hit)

offcourse electrify will beat it in aoe dmg, but is that really a problem for our builds? I havent actually done any tests to see how single target dps improves; hoping someone else will ;)
Edited by DrEgo#2112 on 11/29/2012 4:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
From what I tested, venom sucks compared to electrify with at least 2 targets, and the damage is negligible with 1.

That's just personal opinion though from my tests.
Reply Quote
I'm fairly sure venom doesn't stack. Therefore you get an additional 5% weapon damage a second from a continuous venom and thats all. Negligable improvement over single target electrify and worse than force weapon (although no knockback)
Reply Quote
dang.this thread is giving me small headaches on choices.

I've been playing around with
(bonechill,ww,crystalshell,wormhole,eb) as fixed.

tried
storm armor shocking aspect
mw-electrify
wave of force forceful wave
celestial orb
meteor-liquefy
ice armor frozen storm
slow time.

--
can't really decide. i suppose electrify should be far better at higher mps than storm armor simply because trash has so much hp and don't die in 1-2 seconds. cos I find the inter mob distance doesn't seem close enough when i catch them in their frozen state to benefit all that much from mw at mp5/6 whereas the solo straggler wandering into my ww gets hit by lightning all the time..
--
settled.. changed eb to meteor shower, using storm armor and teleport.. cos its just visually more appealing.. lol
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 12/5/2012 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
9 Troll Shaman
I have 2.89 aps 59.5% crit with scoundrel. 197k sheet dps. 680all rez 39k life. I have 17apoc. I dont ever speed farm low mps, granted, but magic weapon is always on my bar. I run two builds. Standard sns/ww except 21k diamond skin and magic weapon electrify which wrecks, its the most reliable i feel like zero death farming build and also my uber build with well over 2 mil dps probably 3.5mil on packs of three Nd scales with monsters but my favorite build is meteor liquify with magic weapon conduit cor arcane of the 8 second ticks. I have 5 reduction on my source and change passive cold blooded to the one for 2 regen and 20 to ax arcane for meteor pool between regens ticks and i can get them at full cycle feeding themselves with 3 targets, the amount of ticks for storm armor off of 22 stacked meteors is like 8 mil a second to nearest target. Bewilder#1467
Reply Quote
I'm so confused.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 07:38 AMPosted by Jardornzak
I have 2.89 aps 59.5% crit with scoundrel. 197k sheet dps. 680all rez 39k life. I have 17apoc. I dont ever speed farm low mps, granted, but magic weapon is always on my bar. I run two builds. Standard sns/ww except 21k diamond skin and magic weapon electrify which wrecks, its the most reliable i feel like zero death farming build and also my uber build with well over 2 mil dps probably 3.5mil on packs of three Nd scales with monsters but my favorite build is meteor liquify with magic weapon conduit cor arcane of the 8 second ticks. I have 5 reduction on my source and change passive cold blooded to the one for 2 regen and 20 to ax arcane for meteor pool between regens ticks and i can get them at full cycle feeding themselves with 3 targets, the amount of ticks for storm armor off of 22 stacked meteors is like 8 mil a second to nearest target. Bewilder#1467

Hmm. I am a bit confused by this post also. I think he is trying to tell us he is playing a necromancer build.
Reply Quote
9 Troll Shaman
Whats confusing about that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]