Diablo® III

How many HF rings?

Before you got one that was good?

I've made six. None have CC, CD, or AS. I think the best I've crafted is one with AR, armor, and socket (currently on my scoundrel). One had a decent dmg roll. That's it.
Reply Quote
I've made 3 rings. The first is the socketed one that my enchantress is wearing, and the next was the one with "meh" damage that I'm wearing now. The third ring was utter garbage and I have blocked what abilities it had out of my mind. :P

EDIT - So yeah...you can say that I don't have a decent ring after 3 tries...one of which was awesomely bad.
Edited by Oracle#1532 on 11/26/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Haha yeah, the last one I made was like 170ish dex, thorns, arcane resistance, and some other completely worthless stat. It was utterly terrible....
Reply Quote
the hf ring i have now was my 7th, and i am very happy with it atm
Edited by Deathree#1627 on 11/26/2012 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
My 3rd rolled Crit, my 5th had a nice CHD and IAS roll, everything after that has been garbage.
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Deathree
the hf ring i have now was my 7th, and i am very happy with it atm

I'd be very happy too, nice roll. Now if my 7th only turns out to be lucky too... I'll be happy.
Reply Quote
I'll probably start decking out my followers on all my characters with the bad HF's. My friend made his second ring last night and got 3.5 CC on it for his wiz, and that's about the extent of how good it has gotten for my gaming group so far. To be fair, we all only have like 1-3 rings, since we're not well geared for higher MPs.

Would be nice if the set abilities were a little better, or at least have some of the really un-useful abilities not available for the ring. Given that they at least let us choose an attribute though, I guess there's room for even worse. :P
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 03:54 PMPosted by TrippyHippy
My 3rd rolled Crit, my 5th had a nice CHD and IAS roll, everything after that has been garbage.

Looks like it had CHD, IAS, and a decent DMG roll too. I'd probably just stop farming at that point... I'll probably be paragon 100 before I see a decent HF ring. :)
Reply Quote
i've made like 10... first one was actually ok, w/ ASI and vit but for some reason i salvaged it right away.. rolled like 3 more that sucked, then got the good one i use, then rolled a few more and found one ok one for my follower
Reply Quote
I have made about ~150 Hellfire rings and the best i've gotten is one with +dmg/+270 dex/crit chance 4.5%.

I've rolled a couple that had dualfecta stats, for example ias/cc, cc/cd, ias/cc, but never trifecta....and none of the HF rings i've crafted were an improvement over my current rare left-ring.

If I didn't do so many uber carries just to help other players out (I have an 8-9 page thread over in the Looking For Group subforums on free Uber carries) I would probably be PLVL ~85 by now.

TL;DR; don't craft HF rings with the expectation of getting a GFG end-game, BIS ring. You'll just be disappointed, over and over again.
Reply Quote
I have made about ~150 Hellfire rings and the best i've gotten is one with +dmg/+270 dex/crit chance 4.5%.

I've rolled a couple that had dualfecta stats, for example ias/cc, cc/cd, ias/cc, but never trifecta....and none of the HF rings i've crafted were an improvement over my current rare left-ring.

If I didn't do so many uber carries just to help other players out (I have an 8-9 page thread over in the Looking For Group subforums on free Uber carries) I would probably be PLVL ~85 by now.

TL;DR; don't craft HF rings with the expectation of getting a GFG end-game, BIS ring. You'll just be disappointed, over and over again.

Good point. I think it's going to be very hard for me to craft a HF ring that is an upgrade over my rare ring (other is leg nats). I think I may just be happy with the ring I've got, use it for paraleveling, and only do ring runs when I get bored.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I figured as much myself. Now that I have several rings for leveling, I'm mostly not doing key and uber runs unless one of my friends is on and wants to do them. Maybe they're just more optimistic than I am.
Reply Quote
My first one was my best (wearing it now) and it's been all downhill since then.

I know I could get a rare ring that is better, but I have enough dps/ehp that I'd rather get the 35% bonus xp.

Edit: I've only made 6 so far though.
Edited by skp#1805 on 11/26/2012 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Merlin

Looks like it had CHD, IAS, and a decent DMG roll too. I'd probably just stop farming at that point... I'll probably be paragon 100 before I see a decent HF ring. :)

Didn't realize it was still in my profile, I only use it on low MP's now. I have a better Dam, Crit, CHD ring I use for higher MP's. I'm still holding out for something with good DPS/EHP, I like to tank so something with AR/Vit/Crit/IAS would be extremely good for me but extremely hard to obtain given how random they roll.
I'll never make Para 100 by the 5th of Dec without using full Cains/Leoric/HF setup so I'm hoping to hit 90, I'll be extremely happy with that.
Reply Quote
took me 7 rings before I got one with CC. I've never gotten it since, and never got AS/CD once lol
Reply Quote
I've made 1 and they've all been horrible.
Reply Quote
Made my 80th today. All have been underwhelming. Best one is currently on my profile I believe.
Reply Quote
Mine was my 5th or 6th or so. Added a crapload of dmg to me.. I avg dmg is so underrated sometimes..made a lot of rings since... non comparable
Reply Quote
11/26/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Nyg8
Mine was my 5th or 6th or so. Added a crapload of dmg to me.. I avg dmg is so underrated sometimes..made a lot of rings since... non comparable

Average Damage is hugely underrated. I picked up an upgrade for my hellfire today which had a near perfect CHD roll with Crit, Dex, Vit and decent Average Damage and it was better than tri-fecta's that were almost triple the price.

Tri-fecta is obviously ideal but unless you are going for a true end game ring, you are just over paying for the combination of rolls rather than actual dps output.
Reply Quote
I'm at 40 rings. Unless I'm helping out a friend, I only do MP10 ubers which helps to get rings faster.

Out of the 40, two were wearable. One is on my scoundrel (+257 Dex, 9% IAS) and the other I am wearing. The ring I have is really good (four good stats including Max Life %) but I'm just holding out hope for my dual CC/IAS ring.
Edited by Scuall#1513 on 11/26/2012 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]