Diablo® III

Rakkis Crossing Lag Spikes

Hey everyone,
I have a great computer, never any problems with anything else, run 70-110ms max, run on all max settings, same with WOW. I never get any stuttering, or any problems in general except something in the last few weeks.

In Rakkis Crossing, after you past the door to the cellar store, you head up some stairs to the next section and there is always a ton of fire and a ton of mobs. EVERY single time i get a huge lag spike once i start CM/WWing. Doesn't matter if I play single, or with group play, it just a huge lag spike and slows and I usually end up dieing. Second time, everything is fine.

Anyone else ever get this?
Reply Quote
all the time and I play my diablo on Alienware with the latest graphics card.
Reply Quote
yup those stairs are annoying, also the ones next to seige fight lag a fair bit too
Reply Quote
cool, as long as i'm not the only one.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Kieble
cool, as long as i'm not the only one.

You are not alone.

Crossfire Radeon HD 7970's
I7 990X
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 11/27/2012 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've stopped playing Rakkis Crossing in 1.05. Ever since the patch came out I've gotten massive lag in that area. Anyone who plays with me gets lag too. I have an i7 3770k with a radeon 7850 so I dont think it has anything to do with the user's hardware.

I run everything on max settings too. I havent tried that area with lower settings to see if it makes a difference though.
Edited by LordSandwich#1429 on 11/27/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yep, since 1.05, I skip Rakkis because of FPS lag in multiple areas. I've tried settings on low, tweaks etc, nothing really helps.

GTX580 + I7-3500K here.
Reply Quote
Rakkis Crossing sometimes feels like Baal's room during 2nd wave.

This game is as badly optimized as you can get. It doesn't even scale well with hardware.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I get huge lag at Rakkis too when I run CM/WW.

I don't get anywhere near as much lag running through it on Archon.

i7-930 + GTX 660Ti here.
Reply Quote
This thread should be cross-posted in Technical Support. Hopefully a dev takes notice.
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 05:09 PMPosted by DomonKassui
This thread should be cross-posted in Technical Support. Hopefully a dev takes notice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912101#1

done, please post there.
Reply Quote
I'd be glad to have 100 ms ping.... my ping is hardly ever under 300 :(
Reply Quote
hmm i dont get any lag on rakkis with ~160ping but i run archon :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0XDzPw0b2M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-gklG2-rV4

got some nice archon gear for sale:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199032801
Reply Quote
Same here, extreme lag on rakkis and on COOP. I run with max settings with a HD7970 Card I52500k @ 4Ghz 16 GB RAM

Shouldn't happen !
Devs wake up !
Reply Quote
Gonna go out on a technical limb here...

Can we DEFINE lag?

Here's the thing.

Is there a problem with Rakki's Crossing? 100% Agreed.

But what I define as lag is going to yellow/red bar. Casting Storm Armor renders the movement without the action occurring (usually my Wiz will throw his fist in the air but nothing "happens"), pressing buttons does nothing, rubberbanding, etc.

This is not what I'm experiencing on Rakki's Crossing. What I'm experiencing, I would describe as a massive frame rate reduction. It's effect is 100% identical to lag, (death, monster goes from X position to Y position with no visual, for example) but I stay "green bar" the whole time. It completely goes away when enemies are dead...but with traditional lag spikes, after the spike subsides, I will momentarily go "red bar". But that doesn't happen here. It stays Green Bar after the effect goes away...which as I stated, subsides significantly upon enemies no longer being on screen.
Reply Quote
Have u tried running the game from flash drive? i know its odd but it have been working for me..
Reply Quote
Turning down the sound channels to low (32) worked for me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]