Diablo® III

what Mp can I do with a budget of 37 mil?

I sold a couple of my budget gear and a semi decent drop so Im thinking of reviving my WD that I played at launch. I probably would stick to 2-Handers as much as possible. I just like the big numbers, albeit slow attacks. Personal preference.
Help please?
Reply Quote
Well to answer your question, that $37 million isn't going to go to far.

All you gear needs to be upgraded. I would probably focus on a weapon first.

Your weapon is not very good. It is worth maybe 200,000 gold now on a good day. I suggest you buy a legendary 2 Hander called Skorn.

If you want to use Acid Rain to renew health then get a life on hit Skorn, with at least 300 int, as much critical damage as you can afford (175% or better is preferred), and at least 800-1000 life on hit like you have now. Then after you buy it you should stick an emerald in the socket for more critical damage.
How much you spend on the weapon will be related to how much damage it can do.

The Skorn I'm talking about will sell for 13 million gold with a DPS of 1300. So now you have 24 million gold.

Maybe you should get 4 reasonably priced Zuni items: Zunimassa's Vision (helm), Pox (ring), Marrow (chest), Trails (boots). This set will give you a good solid core to work from and has many set benefits.

That should take up the other 24 million.

Next try running around MP2 and see if you can survive there. If so, try MP3, if not, go to MP1.

If you have questions ask.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 11/27/2012 8:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
37! I could make 2 WD's with that.
Reply Quote
I spent 5 mil for my crappy MP3/4 doc.
Reply Quote
Definitely agree with skywalkerfx. Get a cheap zuni 4 piece and a life on hit skorn. Your dps should be at least 80-90k with 37m if you go that route. I'm sitting at 85k with 700 unbuffed AR and unlimited mana pool. Total gold spent was about 60m though but I didn't exactly play the AH as well as I could. I could have spent a lot less if I was patient. Currently key farming on MP5 so if you play the AH right you could definitely make a good WD for less than you think.
Edited by HandGestures#1375 on 11/27/2012 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Battletag - I'll take you up on that offer. I'll give you 37 million for your gear and you make two WDs. ;)
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 11/27/2012 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
bump for more tips/suggestions
Reply Quote
My opinion is that high MP WD's are one of the more expensive classes. We don't have the luxury of DPS passives or skill buffs like a Barb/Wizard. We also need good defensive stats while also keeping our Int high.

That said, a lot of it will come down to what weapon you can find. Sustain is king in higher MP's. Life Steal is a must on your weapon, use a damage calculator to compare what's available. Higher DPS + High Int, or lower DPS + Crit dmg. Skorn could be a good budget choice.

37 mil should easily get you to higher MP's. You will be able to do the content and survive, but doing it efficiently is going to cost much more.
Reply Quote
Totally agree with what Mau said.

At a 3-5M budget you are able to farm MP2-3 comfortably.

With 37M You can do MP5-6 maybe even 7. You will be able to clear runs and have minimum deaths, but to do a quick and efficient MP7+ Alk run (15-20 Minutes) You would probably need a budget of around 300-500M (non AH snipeing)
Reply Quote
lol, your answer?

the only MP every SHOULD be doing... 1-2. 3 if you feel like a 'challenge.'

anything more and you are wasting your time and gold.
Reply Quote
@SayGa

Maybe he wants to solo high MP ubers & Keys.
Reply Quote
lol, your answer?

Ah yes Im planning to eventually do at least mp5 for keys. Im not really looking to blast through 15-20 alk run. I just want to be able to see and survive what I can do when the elites arent dropping in 10-20 seconds. I know doing anything higher than mp1-2 isnt efficient but I find laser dancing and stutter stepping fun...Not dying on a higher MP also gives better satisfaction than facerolling.
Reply Quote
lol, your answer?

I can't stand playing on low MP. There is no challenge to it. Plus it promotes sloppy play habits.

I'd rather be in the high magic find, high item drop, high experience zones. I'm running in MP6 at the moment and I have plenty of drops with over 400 MF with my 5 stacks on.

For gold and gear I trade a lot. I can make more gold in one trade than a speed runner can find in a month. Not to mention I can buy better items than a speed runner will ever find. LoL.
Edited by skywalkerfx#1247 on 11/28/2012 1:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/27/2012 08:30 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
@ Battletag - I'll take you up on that offer. I'll give you 37 million for your gear and you make two WDs. ;)

I have alot of gear I need to sell ;p
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 02:22 PMPosted by battletag
I have alot of gear I need to sell ;p

Don't we all. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]