Diablo® III

DC prevention system

A solution for hardcore gamers is really easy to provide imho.

1. Give players the option in gameplay menu to autopause when ping check (already there) gets red.

2. Don't close the game for 5min if no client response comes back (dedicated games already exist in multiplayer).

3. In MP let the party leader decide if autopause is on or not - similar to mp selection.

4. If player doesn't come back, resume game with 30sec gameplay. If the player dies its okay. You need that to avoid abuse of the feature.

My feeling is that Blizzard doesn't give much about HC players. After the inital purchase they won't generate additional value. If HC players die in HC, they "maybe" tend to play SC instead -> more profit for Blizzard. I'd rather quit the game, if my top ten HC deaths all result from d/c-ing.

Vote +1 and sticky if you like it.
Reply Quote
I am not lying when I say I have NEVER been disconnected, ever. I have over 1 thousand hours play time on this game and have played nearly every day since it came out. I have NEVER been disconnected. Blizzard doesn't need to do anything. They have done an excellent job in making the servers as stable as they are. I have an excellent WIRED Internet connection.
These servers are very stable. Yes occasional server laggs and disconnects DO happen but the frequency is in the seldom to never category . Don't believe me? Check my profile. If servers were bad like people claim id have oodles of dead characters all slain by dust imp, rizen and unknown. I haven't lost a character in months and months, mainly because I have such a reliable connection and computer
Edited by KandyKane#1347 on 11/28/2012 8:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Anyone that complains about the servers if full of !@#$. Again, blizzard has done a wonderful job at creating servers as stable as they are. Anyone that disagrees needs to face the facts- it's your problem not the servers.
The most common cause for connection problems is people playing on wifi- which is insanity for diablo 3 hardcore.
Other causes are living in rural areas with shady connections. Another cause is that some providers just aren't as stable as others, another cause is the computer itself . I swear on my entire account and all it's contents that I am giving 100% truth. I have NEVER, never never EVER been disconnected while playing diablo 3, check my hours played, I bet I have more than any of you guys- for those that argue I don't play enough . The last time I experienced a true server lagg spike was back when the majority of people were still farming hell and very few were in inferno, months and months ago
Laggs and dc just doesn't happen , it's not something I think about while playing. Dying to a lagg or dc for me would be a rare fluke
Reply Quote
View profile
I was like you until the 5 DC's I've had in the past 3 days. Fortunately no deaths from them, several were in town and the others happened around nearly dead elites. Still scary as s hit, though.

I don't mind the DC threat though, it's just another challenge for me.
Reply Quote
I know I said I'd never post about this tops again but...

I have had dc deaths aplenty. The majority were during that first month the game was released and I was playing softcore, so they meant nothing.

Recently, I have had issues with lag/dc and I wanted, desperately wanted, to blame Blizzard. Why? Because it's an easier pill to swallow. If Blizzard is fluking up, I don't have to do anything but have a sadface and reroll. If its my computer/internet, I have to actually look for solutions and I'm lazy so I hate that! I have far less dc than I do simple lag and you know what.. it has all been on my end. I have a crappy router and modem. A simple power cycle (followed by router reset) solves this problem.

I'm sick of dc idea threads. Im sick of the term dc. Im sick of talking about this! I understand the frustration, I do, but you are driving me crazy with these dc death fixes. Take it to general forums where Blizzard employees actually care about stickied threads. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I am 99.9% sure that dc are not because of blizzard servers at this point in the game. The real cause of dc is that the internet runs on magic and magic is inherently hard to troubleshoot.
Reply Quote
11/28/2012 09:45 AMPosted by geology
The real cause of dc is that the internet runs on magic and magic is inherently hard to troubleshoot.

Maybe the internet needs to stack more arcane power on crit?
Reply Quote
@kandykane why.do.you.type.like this? !@#$ing learn how to type a paragraph
Reply Quote
I've had 1 disconnect in the 1000+ hours as well and all my internet dropped meaning it was local.

That being said, since the new patch I've had the game FREEZE on my machine significantly more.
Reply Quote
been dropped a couple times since patch. that being said ive DC'd about 3-4 times since september, playing nearly every day
Reply Quote
I haven't had a d/c in months...

I d/c when I use WW in SC but, thats a seperate issue...

guess ive been lucky.

I have about 800-1000 hours on my account and i have ADSL, not even cable
Reply Quote
As stated here before Blizzard does a good job on keeping their server running, most d/cs happen on the client end. The point is, why not implement a protection system when you force people to run the game online? Games like HoN or LoL have such systems, it would be easy to implement it into D3, too.

If you guys had no d/c for 1000h, fine. Everyone playing 1000h and then having a high plvl char dying to this will have different opinion about the problem. Some people earen't able to obtain such a stable connection. Their only option is to wait for Blizzard to implement a solution.
Edited by peterparca#2869 on 11/29/2012 1:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
I am not lying when I say I have NEVER been disconnected, ever. I have over 1 thousand hours play time on this game and have played nearly every day since it came out. I have NEVER been disconnected. Blizzard doesn't need to do anything. They have done an excellent job in making the servers as stable as they are. I have an excellent WIRED Internet connection.
These servers are very stable. Yes occasional server laggs and disconnects DO happen but the frequency is in the seldom to never category . Don't believe me? Check my profile. If servers were bad like people claim id have oodles of dead characters all slain by dust imp, rizen and unknown. I haven't lost a character in months and months, mainly because I have such a reliable connection and computer

Anyone that complains about the servers if full of !@#$. Again, blizzard has done a wonderful job at creating servers as stable as they are. Anyone that disagrees needs to face the facts- it's your problem not the servers.
The most common cause for connection problems is people playing on wifi- which is insanity for diablo 3 hardcore.
Other causes are living in rural areas with shady connections. Another cause is that some providers just aren't as stable as others, another cause is the computer itself . I swear on my entire account and all it's contents that I am giving 100% truth. I have NEVER, never never EVER been disconnected while playing diablo 3, check my hours played, I bet I have more than any of you guys- for those that argue I don't play enough . The last time I experienced a true server lagg spike was back when the majority of people were still farming hell and very few were in inferno, months and months ago
Laggs and dc just doesn't happen , it's not something I think about while playing. Dying to a lagg or dc for me would be a rare fluke

Good for you that you've never been DC'd but you're plain ignorant if you think it never happens to anyone else. I'm not even talking about Blizzard's servers (although they have had the occasional mass DC's, etc), I'm taking about client crashes, ISP issues, power outages, hardware issues, etc.

There are plenty of things out of our control (and Blizzards) that can cause a DC, and it only takes one in hundreds of hours of game play to loose all that time. I think it's irresponsible of Blizzard to not have a simple feature like this when there is forced online play with permanent death and a DC, in most situations, results in death.

Also - this feature will not affect you in the least so why do you even care?
Reply Quote
You don't have to blame Blizzard to want DC protection. I know that all my DC deaths were client side. So?

Right now I have to play wireless, with an ISP that messes with the connection sometimes. I could upgrade for something better, but I don't want to do that just for a game. And there are plenty of other people who can't upgrade anything better. So why do they have to be excluded because of that? Why do the majority of people, who do occasionally get ISP, hardware, or other miscellaneous issues have to be excluded from the more fun part of the game, and forced into SC, with a horrible economy and no challenge?

Random instant death is not a good game mechanic. If there was no such thing as DC deaths, and Blizz decided to implement random instant deaths as a legit game mechanics, it would get trashed by every game reviewer in the world. If people are not being challenged, and can safely farm for top end items without the threat of death, that's a problem with the game mechanics. The game itself should be altered so that everybody is under the threat of death all the time, by a meaningful challenge. Saying that we need a stupid game mechanic like random instant death because of people who are too safe is a stupid cop out.
Edited by Bottle#1907 on 12/29/2012 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
I thought this said "D3 prevention system"

I lol'ed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]