Diablo® III

What's wrong with my WW/CM build?

Hi,
my Diamond skin wears out easily to Molten and fire-chain easily with my 700-800 AR buffed.Is there any way to improve this situation?
1) i heard of APS 2.74 break point but I have a APS of 1.60-1.70, 2.74 break point is it hard to acheive? what gear do I need to improve on my gear?

2)I realized WW/CM build does not do so well as compared to "Enemies that chased after you"
VS "enemies that kite you", e.g molocks(A3) , flies(act2), that is if you fail to perm freeze them even for 0.5 secs. --> or is it my APS is not high enought or is it a common probem for WW/CM builds?( I swap to meteor/CM builds).

3) Veterans please comment on my gear , which Equipment part should I improve next?
I am low on gold now, having 4 mill at the moment.

PS: Farming in MP5(edit)
Thanks In Advance
Edited by NatureBoy#2690 on 11/29/2012 1:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
Farm lower MP. Your DPS is not enough to do any damage past MP3.

Your not using diamond shards or shocking aspect and those are big damage buffs.

Your probably lacking some all resistance and some armor as well.

First gear to change is your damage chest. Its just terrible. Utterly terrible.
Reply Quote
Try farming MP2 with Diamond Shards and Shocking Aspect. And yes, you need lots more attack speed. You can get it on helm, chest, belt, legs, bracers as well as jewelery, gloves and source.
Reply Quote
I can farm easily in Mp5, the only time I die is due to fire chain and molten. I am trying to progress to Mp6 and above. I am not sure why my Dps is so low.

Thanks Boozor for replying
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794871641

check this thread to check which breakpoint is attainable for you.

I think 2.5080 is a very good one to shoot for. To achieve this you need 9% atk speed on 6 items. Or 7 items with 8% atk speed.
Try and use the vanilla set-up first until your used to it.

Most important upgrade slot will be your chest. seriously one of the worst ive seen on a wizzard.

Get attack speed on gloves and rings and get a chantodo's force. the set bonus + the inherited attack speed will bump you up by a !@#$ load.

18-20 APoC is plenty. you can replace the helm or get an chantodo's without APoC.
Edited by puLsee#2489 on 11/29/2012 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
I can farm easily in Mp5, the only time I die is due to fire chain and molten. I am trying to progress to Mp6 and above. I am not sure why my Dps is so low.

Thanks Boozor for replying

Hard to believe this statement you just made sorry.

Your DPS is low because you lack attack speed, crit chance and damage. AND INT.

God that chest.... =P
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794871641

check this thread to check which breakpoint is attainable for you.

I think 2.5080 is a very good one to shoot for.

Try and use the vanilla set-up first until your used to it.

Most important upgrade slot will be your chest. seriously one of the worst ive seen on a wizzard.

Get attack speed on gloves and rings and get a chantodo's force. the set bonus + the inherited attack speed will bump you up by a !@#$ load.

18-20 APoC is plenty. you can replace the helm or get an chantodo's without APoC.

2.501 aps is actually not super easy to attain on a really tight budget without substantial sacrifices.

My 1 million dollar gear set turned out to hit 2aps and 2.3aps comfortable. After hitting 2.5aps, I took a substantial hit on CC which I would not recommend and would probably make the build WORSE even @ the higher APS.
Reply Quote
lol , I know my chest amr sucks.
tal rasha chest amr with AR is not cheap. 200 mill = for people with cash.
( I wonder is that possible to farm til 100 mill in the 1st place)

Thanks eveyone for replying.
BUT please keep the comments running.
: )
Edited by NatureBoy#2690 on 11/29/2012 1:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
why would you want to "farm" high mp? At your dps you are not farming....
Reply Quote
For molten and firechain you need to keep out of the aoe dmg. If you're using the standard SNS spec, teleport for the last spell helps immensly, though with the low attack speed you'll have to readjust positioning a lot because the elites won't be locked down a lot.

Also, mobs that run away from you will be the bane of the spec. That's why I only use it for Act 1 and 2 key runs and Ubers. For Act 3 I prefer to use Archon at low MP because the ranged mobs are just stupidly annoying.

Your resistances aren't too bad to start with, though you can definitely use a little more armor for higher MP. As for upgrading gear, you primarily need to increase attack speed while maintaining or increasing crit, armor, and resists. I'd start with a tal's chest since your current chest is pretty awful, aside from the resists. If money is an issue, get one with either Armor or all resist, and try to get physical resist for the 2nd stat, just don't pay too much extra. Then work on your other pieces (rings, amulet, OH/helm) and try to pick up some extra attack speed to reach the 2.5 breakpoint. That should be your main next goal imo, but will require several upgrades to reach.
Reply Quote
you are a wizard
you are not a tanker
i think you focus too much on surviving and not perma freezing
there are things you must get b4 you think about AR and VIT

2.7 attack speed + 50 Crits+ 20 apoc

try to get as close as possibly
Reply Quote
i would suggest

andariels visage + tal rasha chest for cheap attack speed boost

you have too much apoc
Reply Quote
I have 30 apoc , just in case I can switch to Meteor/CM build to cater for kiting enemies in act 3, just like what Loroese said "Bane of the spec".

Thanks for the reply everyone.
pls keep the comments running.
Reply Quote
Storm crow is your friend...
Reply Quote

Only the really good tal's chests go for that much.

I just sold a terribad tal's chest for 1.8m yesterday. But even a really yucky tal's chest would be better than what you're currently wearing.
Reply Quote

I just sold a terribad tal's chest for 1.8m yesterday. But even a really yucky tal's chest would be better than what you're currently wearing.

even a yucky tal chest Without Resist all is even better?
Reply Quote
get a better chantado will (with .25) and also chantado source
Reply Quote
I don't believe anyone has said this, but you aren't using an armor spell. You only have 3k armor... Throw on prismatic energy armor and you should be able to take on those chains a bit easier, however you'll prob have to drop the meteor. In any case, get the atk spd up. I have a junker 1.65 chant wand and storm crow that will offset your LOH and help your AIS a bit if you are interested. As a matter of fact, I also have an Armor Tal chest and a few gloves that are better than yours. Let me know if you are interested, my old stuff alone will prob get you over a bp...
Reply Quote

even a yucky tal chest Without Resist all is even better?

If you can't afford one with high all resist, try to find one with armor+physical resist. One of those should just cost a couple mil. If you can't find one for a couple mil, forget the physical resist.

And yes, it will be better than your current chest. Don't forget you get resist from your int also, so you only really need like 50 resist on the chest to be equal.
Edited by Loroese#1415 on 11/29/2012 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Here are some items you could look at. You can get these at relatively low cost.

Items for attack speed:
Andariel's Helm
Mempo’s Helm
Lacuni’s Bracers
Natalia’s Ring (only good if u get the boots as well to get the 7% CC)
Tasker Gloves
Sage’s Gloves
Inna’s Pants
Witching Hour (cost minimum 8mill even with bare minimum stats)
Tal Rasha’s Chest
Chantodo’s Source (absolutely a must since you already have the Chant Will)

General staple stuff:
Vile Ward Shoulders
Storm Crow Helm (if u wanna trade off attspd for APOC, LOH and CC)

I only listed low-ish budget stuff. I assume you’re not rich, or else your gear would already be upgraded.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]