Diablo® III

Hardcore Hero died while Game paused (?)

Hi,
I was in a Singleplayer-Hardcore game. My telephone rang and I had to answer it so I hit escape and the game was paused. I was afk for a while and when I came back my connection was lost (but the game still paused and I seemed to be alive). I had to accept that and the session was closed... and my Hero dead.
There was no message in my chatlog which said I died or was slain or anything, I'm just dead.
The hero was only level 14 so it's no problem for me ... but I thought you should know.

P.S. I was not in town ... of course.
Edited by Aefer#1273 on 11/30/2012 12:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
When connection is lost, the pause feature does not work.
You automatically fall into that 10~30seconds of standstill (just like when you logout in the wild).

Thats when you are vulnerable. Always stay in town if you need to go off, specifically, the act1 INN
Reply Quote
Turn the speaker phone on
Keep Playing
Master these phrases: "Yeah", "Uh huh", "OK", and "Gotta Go the cat just fell in the toilette!"

Rofl !!
Reply Quote
Yep, don't answer the phone.
I've done this, but expect relatives to one day say "why aren't you..."
Reply Quote
Sometimes people can open a game to public then forget they had done that when nobody joins in a long time. Even though you are solo it is a public game, that game can't be paused even though the pause menu comes up. I'm not saying this is what you did, but that would create the same affect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]