Diablo® III

NEXT UPGRADE FOR THE WIZARD ABOVE YOU PART 8

@scottw

you need more AR and you should try to get a wand with either 1.65 aps and a socket, or IAS (enough to bring it to 1.75 or more aps)

For AR you should either get new gloves with cc, IAS, and 70 AR, or a tals chest with AR. Your boots also have quite low AR so consider getting ice climbers or if you can afford to get nat's ring get nat's boots with high int (and possibly bit too if possible) - the nats set will give you more cc while ice climbers offer much higher mitigation. since your cc is pretty low (aim for 55cc or more) I'd recommend nats 2-piece boots and ring, but the ring can be quite expensive (on the ring you want cc + AR or cc + int or AR + cd, or some combination of that sort depending on what you can afford and what stats you need the most. Since you're AR is quite low I would recomend AR + cc or as a less expensive alternative AR + cd).

Getting a 1.1k+ dps IAS chant's wand with 1.75 aps or more (max is 1.79 aps) should allow you to hopefully drop your inna's pants so that you can use rare pants with much higher mitigation stats such as 2 sockets, 70 AR, 150-200 vit, 90+ int, and 700-800 armor.

your source is also very low damage. getting a chants source with 350+ damage (with the lower end of the damage being as high we possible) will give you a large dps boost.

right now you are using energy armor and crystal shell - your goal should be to get your AR and Armor high enough that you can switch to sns build (storm armor shocking aspect rune and diamond skin diamond shards rune) which will do a LOT more damage in combat If I remember correctly sns multiplies your sheet dps by about x8 so 100k sheet dps will translate to about 800k in combat dps. For SNS you will need around 900-1k LoH as well.

take a look at aimless's profile, he tends to balance high mitigation, high cc and IAS, while maintaining high dps quite well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aimless-1700/hero/10258657

as for me, I have my own goals for my next gear upgrades but I'm happy to hear other people's suggestions. Currently planning on upgrading gloves and amulet next, and considering going back to IAS wand so that I can replace lacuni for more mitigation.
@scottw slowly updating my Wiz, those are the next i am doing.
wow dude, thanks for the indepth response.

I do plan to get nat's boots and ring, but unless i can hit 2.73 without inna's pants, i am keeping them. I play almost exclusively with a full party, and generally i am the tank so cyrstall shell and EA has been a more logical choice. vice versa, the DPSers of my party need me as much as i need them.

my main hand and off hand are both low end chantodo, but its all i can really afford. Understand that i have never sold any item in AH for more than 8million gold. i am simply unlucky when i comes to stat rolls. I get decent legendary drop rate, but they roll awful. One day i will get lucky and get a drop that i can actually sell. the most expensive item i have purchased was the chanto orb i use..

Right now i am focused on finding a ring with massive LoH and attackspeed+ %cc + armor or AR
I do plan to get nat's boots and ring, but unless i can hit 2.73 without inna's pants, i am keeping them. I play almost exclusively with a full party, and generally i am the tank so cyrstall shell and EA has been a more logical choice. vice versa, the DPSers of my party need me as much as i need them.

my main hand and off hand are both low end chantodo, but its all i can really afford. Understand that i have never sold any item in AH for more than 8million gold. i am simply unlucky when i comes to stat rolls. I get decent legendary drop rate, but they roll awful. One day i will get lucky and get a drop that i can actually sell. the most expensive item i have purchased was the chanto orb i use..

Right now i am focused on finding a ring with massive LoH and attackspeed+ %cc + armor or AR

getting an IAS chant's wand with 1.75 aps or more would help you reach 2.74 aps without needing to get so much IAS on every piece of gear. Right now they're generally pretty overpriced but getting a low dps one (950-1k damage) will usually only cost a few million or if you're lucky you can sometimes snipe one for super cheap or win a bid.

getting a ring with those stat's you listed is going to be a tough find. Try looking for an amulet with LoH, cc, and IAS. Amulets can have up to 900 (maybe more?) LoH while rings I've only seen go up to 400-ish.

Also if you get the IAS chants wand and are able to get enough IAS on other gear pieces besides pants that you can still be at 2.74 without innas, you could use blackthorne's pants which give 400 LoH.

the rings unity and skull grasp both have LoH and give a nice dps boost as well. It's best to get those rings with cc and IAS but that is of course going to cost more. Right now your hellfire ring isn't doing you any favors.

Did you find the lacuni you are wearing? Because seeing as those lacuni have str dex vit and 6 cc, they would sell for a lot on the AH which would then let you buy some cheaper (less cc and some AR) lacuni to replace them with some leftover gold to spend on other upgrades. Check the price of your lacuni and the price of some 4-4.5 cc and 40+ AR lacuni to make sure but I think your lacuni will sell for much more.

edit: just noticed you're using mempos with no cc on it. You might also consider getting a storm crow with 4-6 cc (4cc ones are around 7 mill last i checked) because you really do need 20 apoc and more cc to succesfully lock down groups and keep them locked down (especially vs single targets).
Edited by Phal#1831 on 12/7/2012 1:13 PM PST
@phal
yea i found the lacuni prowlers (and innas pants and witching hour and mempo) I have a stormcrow, echoing fury, and andarials visage. I swap in out for both weapon and helm depending on the elite pack i am fighting. (for reflect mobs i use stormcrow, extra health mobs i use EF, andys helm for lower MP) I gotta ton of crappy mid-range gear basically...
@phal

Maybe a tal rasha's relentless persuit with AR.

Even then, this character is one of the best i have seen, and it has been an honor just looking at him.
Edited by KeyserSöze#1760 on 12/7/2012 1:42 PM PST
Not really in a position to be suggesting anything as I barely get to play, however I could really use some .

Cheers
@ stringtheory

Your character looks like he knows what he is doing. Ice climbers over fire walkers. All around they are better, and if you want to go all out dps, you can do the zunimassa's trail and a black weapon and trium. Cookie cutter for archon.
Very appreciated KeyserSöze
I was unintentionally skipped. I have 10 million and was wondering what I should do next.
@fake cripple, tr ammy with dmg + high int
@KeyserSöze Nobody knows how to advise non-CM :) How tied are you to the Tal Rasha set bonus? Might squeeze out more DPS from a crit Mempo, maybe even a well-rolled Andy's?

Not gear-related, but how often are you dropping Archon? Enough that Disintegrate is used a lot? I'd think you could be more effective throwing ET on there to crit your way back into Archon. Maybe even swap Pure Power for Improved Archon or Teleport, maybe even to the point where Evocation drops for Illusionist if teleporting Archon speeds you up.

I'm pretty happy with my wizard at the moment. Can handle MP10 ubers with EA/FA and a bubble, comfortably over the 2.74 breakpoint and can solo MP7 ubers. Planning out my upgrades, I think I'm going to look for a APoC Chant's so I can pick up a crit Mempo and drop the Storm Crow APoC. Sound reasonable or should I be eyeing my amulet first?
@JawnV Can you get a socket in that helmet? If not, maybe you could get some CC in that amulet.
12/07/2012 03:20 PMPosted by XInateIX
@JawnV Can you get a socket in that helmet? If not, maybe you could get some CC in that amulet.
No, Storm Crow gets 1 random roll. No native crit means "random" is crit :)

I've debated going for a trifecta amulet. Problem is I'm doing alright with how much crit I have and don't feel the pressure to drop that big crit damage.
12/07/2012 03:29 PMPosted by JawnV
No, Storm Crow gets 1 random roll. No native crit means "random" is crit :)

I've debated going for a trifecta amulet. Problem is I'm doing alright with how much crit I have and don't feel the pressure to drop that big crit damage.

Maybe some Crit dmg in that second ring then also? Just curious, how many rolls it take for you to get that hellfire? Tis nice!
That was lucky #13 :)

It's a double edged sword. Very nice and I use it, but it's killed my desire to make more Hellfires. I've got stacks of the organs, pretty sure I could crank out 20 more but I don't have the stash space for them.
@JawnV chant - more dps, upgrade gems, int lacuni
itgscv. I was really unsure at first, even had to check your skill setup, then my cursor passed over your Tal Rasha's armor...

9% attack speed,
armor
intel > 185,
vit.
Extra (either MF if you need it or something wild like Pick up range.)
Edited by Kelmort#1104 on 12/8/2012 9:55 PM PST
@kelmort i think you should use a triumvirate for oh and an andariel/memp for the helm
@ Kelmort

Solid gear, your worst item is better than my best. I can't pick on a specific item, but it seems you dont have many items contributing to your resists. Maybe you can upgrade one of your pieces to include all-resist?

for me, I need many upgrades - would the person who comments on me help guide me to the biggest priorities?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]