Diablo® III

NEXT UPGRADE FOR THE WIZARD ABOVE YOU PART 8

12/09/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Blazers
@Blazers--I'd suggest dumping the ammy, ring, pants (in exchange for innas) boots and armor in favor of 3 items from zunimassas (armor, boots and ring).

Guess you haven't heard of the CM/WW build eh?

I'm confused. Why does that matter?
I'd like some upgrade advice for my cm build too, usually I run my archon build, which replaces the nat ring set, the mh/oh set and the pants with more archon-y items (zunimassa set, triumvirate, black sword, depth diggers) but I'm a bit stuck as to what to upgrade now for my cm build? I don't have a bil budget or anything, but a couple hundred mil should be ok.

Oh and the gear on my char right now should be my cm gear. If not, I saved a profile on d3up:
http://d3up.com/b/180590
@carnac

There is a fair amount of cross over with a CM build I think from archon.

Rings should have life on hit, same with your amulet along with the basic trifecta stats. Instead of focusing on just intelligence and attack speed as with archon. It is costly, but if you have a hundred million, that is a good start.

Stacking both crit chance and attack speed are important. Some of your items should be fine for now I would guess. I see a lot of unity rings on crit mass builds too.

Even though life on hit is important, you still want to do damage, and your socketed chantodos will should have an emerald I would think. But this is all I have put together. Honestly, I am switching from archon to CM right now, and this is all that I have been able to put together.
Hey I'm new to the Wizard can someone help me out with my next upgrade? I can't just constantly spam energy twister because I run out of Arcane power.

Although I am new to the wizard my suggestion for @KeyserSoze would be to get a tal's ammy with critc chance.
Hey I'm new to the Wizard can someone help me out with my next upgrade? I can't just constantly spam energy twister because I run out of Arcane power.

Although I am new to the wizard my suggestion for @KeyserSoze would be to get a tal's ammy with critc chance.

Do you want advice for your wizard? Getting to 60 would bump your DPS up quite a bit because you'll be able to wear some of the higher end stuff. For now, perhaps look for gloves with CC, CD, AS, and AR.

Profile not up to date. Missing pieces in picture.

http://i.imgur.com/FB5ug.jpg
Edited by Kagato#1606 on 12/9/2012 8:42 PM PST
@Kagato

Your right ring has a nice crit rate, but it doesn't seem like a very good tradeoff for its relatively low IAS and AR. Maybe you like the life% but if it was me it would be first on the chopping block.
EDIT: Can't tell, was it the right ring you replaced? Not a personal fan of the lack of IAS then on both rings but otherwise if you don't mind not being able to reach the higher breakpoints they're great.

Love that Witching Hour though, I had myself a huge lucky streak today and have some stuff sitting on the AH that will let me buy one tomorow. I am puuummmped!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MuffinOrama-1806/hero/3165057
Edited by MuffinOrama#1806 on 12/9/2012 8:57 PM PST
@muffin
umm i would get a better belt
Edited by AYERUN#1511 on 12/9/2012 9:58 PM PST
@Kagato

Your right ring has a nice crit rate, but it doesn't seem like a very good tradeoff for its relatively low IAS and AR. Maybe you like the life% but if it was me it would be first on the chopping block.
EDIT: Can't tell, was it the right ring you replaced? Not a personal fan of the lack of IAS then on both rings but otherwise if you don't mind not being able to reach the higher breakpoints they're great.

Love that Witching Hour though, I had myself a huge lucky streak today and have some stuff sitting on the AH that will let me buy one tomorow. I am puuummmped!

Yes the r. ring got replaced. I have just enough IAS to hit the breakpoint (sitting at 2.73someoddnumbers). No intention of going to 3+ till I see what this next patch has in store for us. Might add IAS onto the rings if I can find some decent gloves.

Since the guy above me did a half-!@# job telling you what to do, I'll elaborate. I assume you will be buying a WH when that stuff sells so the belt isn't an issue. :)

Using the APS calculation:

1.65(1+x)=2.73

you need:

x = 65 IAS from gear to reach the 2.73 breakpoint. You currently have 53 IAS from gear. Now, this would be enough for the 2.73 breakpoint if you were using a 1.79 speed weapon (like the chant I have). If you can splurge on that, then you can sit at your current IAS and then boost your other stats. Both of us are kind of in the same position when it comes to low CC. Trifectra gear is a little expensive, though, so that will come at a sacrifice. Ideally, I'm able to survive in MP6 with as little as 42% CC.

Next area would be to look at improving RA and you need about 500 more armor. You run at high HP. Don't know if you're comfortable lowering it. I find 35k to be the 'safe' zone for a lot of the content I run.

So, IMO, most important item you could focus on would be the 1.79 APS wand. Then the WH (which adds even more IAS). This means you can drop some of the pieces that give you IAS in favor of CD and CC (plus INT since you're running a little low on DPS).

Perhaps look into a vile ward after that. They're relatively cheap in comparison to WH.

@AYERUN Switch out Zunimasa stuff for Ice climbers w/ movement speed and a decent ring. Looks like you have plenty of money to throw around..

I guess my profile hadn't update at the time I posted this.
@ overlordevan upgrade gems and gloves
Mememe! I do like having MF on my gear, though.... =/
@laggy stormcrow ---> mempo ... for lower mp at least
You talking about a crit mempo? Cause those are crazy expensive.
well if you can afford to get crit on it then yes, but mempo gives IAS and since you have apoc and loh elsewhere, pick up the attackspeed and alll res of a mempo
@scottw
i recommend selling your lacunis and upgrading every single piece of your gear with the proceeds. those are amazing barb lacunis, they are worth more than the rest of your gear combined and they don't even have int. i assume you found them.
@scottw
i recommend selling your lacunis and upgrading every single piece of your gear with the proceeds. those are amazing barb lacunis, they are worth more than the rest of your gear combined and they don't even have int. i assume you found them.

I wouldn't even bother upgrading to be honest. Unless you want to aim for breaking the 3.0 threshold unbuffed, I don't see much reason.
@Drayven

I am going to go with a higher DPS wand.
@Sennin

Nat's ring with CC, IAS, and AR
@BDF
Wow nice gear! The one thing may be an upgrade to your rare ring. Something with more CD perhaps. However hard to find fault.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]