Diablo® III

Best Hammer of the Ancients Rune?

Help me pick one. I'm torn between thunderstrike and smash, after discovering birthright doesn't do jack sh*t. I'm also considering rolling thunder, but I don't like that it reduces my damage.
Reply Quote
Use Smash for sure, the dmg is great and the proc coefficient is 80%, the highest of any HotA rune.
If you use Wrenching Smash you can overlap a bunch of mobs and hit like 5 at once for 1 mil each.

Also you should try Merciless Assault, since you can charge back and forth it generates more fury than Stamina and in the process increases clear speed and kill speed since it annihilates everything.
Edited by Aracknid#1574 on 12/3/2012 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
^^ this, end of story
Reply Quote
I suppose. I enjoy using thunderstrike and watching everything get stunned, especially against illusionist elite mobs since their copies count as kills and stun the whole mob. Good to know about merciless assault.
Reply Quote
Whatt is the goal? ubers? Low mp farm? Hi mp farm? Key run?

Do you go into a restaraunt and say ” id like some food and drink?”
Edited by DadyDimSum#1833 on 12/3/2012 6:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

If you don't have anything constructive to say, which doesn't appear to be the case from any threads you are posting in, then just shut the fµck up.
Reply Quote

If you don't have anything constructive to say, which doesn't appear to be the case from any threads you are posting in, then just shut the fµck up.

Lol. I mostly farm MP1. I think if I were to farm at higher levels I would use thunderstrike for the heavy stunlock it can lay down on groups, but I'm not certain. If I were going to do ubers I'd switch back to my old throw build and use throwing hammer for the crazy stun proc.
Edited by Wooginator#1493 on 12/3/2012 6:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Check out my build. It essentially causes an immediate stun lock that can continue as long as you keep your rage up while spamming HOTA. The leap rune I use pulls them all close to ensure the stun takes effect on the most enemies as possible right away. This build is all about having a high crit chance (to gain rage from into the fray to spam HOTA) and high crit damage (to 1 shot as many enemies as possible to maintain stun lock. I farm keys on MP8 (although it is a challenge) and can blow through MP5 without issue. This build allows you to farm higher MP than you would normally specifically because 80-100% of the melee enemies around you will remain stunned while you smash them to pieces with HOTA.
Reply Quote
12/04/2012 08:15 AMPosted by toofpais
Check out my build. It essentially causes an immediate stun lock that can continue as long as you keep your rage up while spamming HOTA. The leap rune I use pulls them all close to ensure the stun takes effect on the most enemies as possible right away. This build is all about having a high crit chance (to gain rage from into the fray to spam HOTA) and high crit damage (to 1 shot as many enemies as possible to maintain stun lock. I farm keys on MP8 (although it is a challenge) and can blow through MP5 without issue. This build allows you to farm higher MP than you would normally specifically because 80-100% of the melee enemies around you will remain stunned while you smash them to pieces with HOTA.

i like your build

------------------------------
WTB 1400 dps rune sword with Str and socket
WTB 250 str Ice climbers with vit and MS
Reply Quote
I actually prefer Rolling thunder for the huge AoE, it works like Seismic slam but the attack speed is faster and it seems to always hit half the screen whereas when i use SS half the time it seems to miss everything. I have 587% Crit damage tho so i one shot everything on mp5. Thinking of playing on MP7.

Stun lock seems pointless also when rend - bloodlust should keep you at 100% health constantly.

My profile hasn't updated in 2 days so here's my spec in a calculator. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aZcQRP!ZYW!baZZYZ
Edited by Matrias#1130 on 12/4/2012 12:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like thunderstruck for farming

Smash for ubers
Reply Quote
Smash was my favourite rune. However, I noticed some issues with alternating HoTA and WW. I would whirl into a pack, hammer down, and whirl back out if I was caught in a bad spot. However, WW didn't always activate properly -- same goes for the reverse.
Reply Quote
Thunderstrike for farming, smash for ubers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]