Diablo® III

MP 10 WW BARB (giving help/advice today)

Currently re-gearing, back on the road to mp10. (not original set)

if you need help with gear, have a question, or want advice go a head and post :)

here is a link to my diablo progress and profile:

DP: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/kingbenjamin-1485/KingBenjamin/5553249

D3: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KingBenjamin-1485/hero/5553249

Currently also answering questions and reviewing barbs:
-Horngyuh80
-Waycooloz

EDIT:

12/10/12

HUGE BARB STAT : CC

CC is most important to any Barb build but especially to the WW barb. CC is like the oil pump that converts into Fury/gas. The more CC you have (oil wells) the more Fury you will be generating. You can think of "Into the Fray" as manufactory process.
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 12/10/2012 9:40 AM PST
alright man, give my guy a look and tell me what I should change up, currently the highest I can do and actually feel like I still have some control is MP7.
Hello,
Currently running on my barb mp10. looking for ideas for upgrades for gear. I suspect my greatest changes will come from rings and amulet. Feel very low dps wise even though im holding my own. Looking for ideas to get up over 100k and still maintain my 1hand/shield. also having a hard time replacing those 2 items with reasonably priced better replacements.
Hey Crystalis,

Very interesting Barb.

Your Hp is really good and AR is there too. Your survivability is top right now. what you got is more than you will ever need.

Your CC is solid...but more is always better :)

Two things you are missing....CD and AS. For CD try to reach 300%, and AS should be about 2.00%. Where are you going to find that?....ring, ammy, and weapons are the most common. (incase you don't already...before you buy something link it on you chat box then go in a game and click on it to see how much of an upgrade your getting).

You got two things to focus on...all else is solid.

One item that i saw that can have huge dps upgrade is your Bracer. Find one with CC and more Str. As i mentioned before your ehp is excellent so giving up a bit of hp won't hurt.

For build i would swap out War Cry for Rend with Blood Lust. more AOE and works better as far as ehp...especially against dmg reflect elites.

one last thing...try to get either more LS or Loh...

hope that helps...spend sometime linking stuff from ah to see what it does to your barb. and loook at all gears even rediculous expensive ones just to see how much it improves. this will give you an idea of what stuff your barb benefits the most from.

let me know if you got a question on anything i mentioned.
@Threat,

Good gear build so far.

Your ehp is good enough for mp10 runs.

Your dps is low but I think this is because you need about 150-200% more CD. you will get that from weapons...

The weapon i recommend you look for is the Echo fury...there are a lot of affordable ones because the price range really drops off when they are not close to goddy. so browse and check what Echo Fury will do compared to your current main hand. If not Echo Fury, then look for high base CD, OS, and a lot of Str (for you, you main want to find one with Vit as well) right now anywhere from 850-900 dps weapon should be a solid upgrade.

When browsing for echo fury try:
-Str and OS
-Str, OS, and CD
-STr, OS, and AS
-same as above but Vit instead of Str.

check for best price for most dps boost on all those combos.

for Off hand you need to look for three stats: LS, CD, and OS. LS from 2.5-3%. CD +50%. if you can get some STr will be that much better. Now i see that your board currently hold a lot of Vit for you. so maybe look for a low dps with those 3 main stats that also has +200 Vit. You don't want to go lower than 35k in your hp.

btw, nice life regen :)

let me know if you have questions on what i mentioned.
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 12/4/2012 9:17 AM PST
Wouldn't mind any extra help :D i have 25 mil right now and don't know what to do with it =/ I can easily go through MP5 as of now
Btw awesome barb :D
Edited by TranMan#1897 on 12/4/2012 9:23 AM PST
How did you manage to put Rend and WW in your skill bar at once?
I'm only able to choose one of those.
I'm always open to input

The best MP I feel comfortable in is MP 4- Act 3, or up to MP 6 in Act I, MP 5 in Act II, although I can do one higher MP- maybe even 2- but don't feel comfortable with it as I die too often.

I have another amulet that would increase my dps up to 175k but it drops my HP to 39k and I feel too fragile with it, although it does have 45 AR also.
Benjamin, you have a great barb, sincerely, but unless you are doing something wrong, you should be able to literally double your DPS from where it is at, and still have no problems keeping WotB up in MP10.
if you need EHP change out that shoulder, get a VW with 100+ vit

question for you
why do you use 5 piece IK instead of a crit mempo / ice climber ?

finally, what should I upgrade without costing me an arm / leg ?
I can get key on mp10, but cant do ubers
i suck at playing HOTA, i tried switching WW to HOTA, but i cant keep him alive
(profile stat is not accurate, i only have like 41k life)
Edited by Gawdzilla#1218 on 12/4/2012 9:40 AM PST
Hello King,

I would really appreciate a critique pf my Barb. I would like to get to 100k+ dps unbuffed.
I really do like the WW build and would like to keep it if at all possible.

I do understand that I need to get more CC, CD. But, I am at a loss on what to change.

Should I try to get a Tyrael's Might chest piece? or go for the Blackthorne's ammy and pants set items?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ongster-1417/hero/24801008

Thanks,

Ongster
Could you tell me what I'd need to aim for to be able to run mp10 ?

I just got back in the game and can't wait for the day !
gear/skill
@TranMan,

I like your build man.

I think it's you weapons holding you back the most. I will recomend Echo Fury. If you do end up going that direction try to get a low fear proc, however, if you do ultimately end up going with Echo fury just make sure your getting the most dps for your gold and don't pay much attention to fear proc. I posted earlier of how to look for a good Echo fury on a reply to Threat.

Also, for your off-hand look for a sword. I think that is the most advantages upgrade for gold and dps. What i normally look for in an off-hand is high CD, Str, LS, and OS. Unless you really want to do high mp's you should stay low dps with awesome stats for off-hand. Try to find one with Vit since you have low Hp.

Your CC and CD are solid so don't worry about bumping those unless they are extra in an upgrade.

Your Litany is a good ring....BUT for your barb i would try to find AS. Look for:

Avrg dmg
Str
AR
"AS"
CC
Vit, if you can.

Keep checking Ah for good deals on those items i mentioned. sometimes people post things for real good prices so always browse. but keep saving for a solid upgrade. 25m is a solid start.
How did you manage to put Rend and WW in your skill bar at once?
I'm only able to choose one of those.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhcURP!ZdY!cZZZYc

each slot you can move all across skills so just pick one for a slot, then when on a new slot either move left or right till you see Secondary skills...
I currently can do MP3, but would definitely would like to do a lot higher. I want a Hell fire ring and need more gold for gear, so need to be able to run at a higher MP. I would greatly appreciate more input from a experience player.
thank you very much for doing this!
I recently made the switch from S&B to Whirlwind and got the primary upgrades I need. Now I'm at a point where I don't know which socket should be upgraded first. My goal is to be able to run MP7 Ubers without dying.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nived-1902/hero/29071399

could u please take a look at my barb and tell me what i can improve on.. im trying to get to around MP1-2 but i keep getting murdered trying to do alkaizer runs. thanks.
Edited by Nived#1902 on 12/4/2012 10:22 AM PST
@oogliefrank,

Ok, good good barb...def on the dps track.

ehp is solid too...unless your like me and want to handle a mob of maniacs from keep 2 and survive :)

There are a few things though that will help you.

1) just in general try to get your Str above 2.5k

2) and prob most difficult for your build but get that extra 12% MS or use Frenzy w/Vanguard. (at least test it out just to see how that feels)

3) your main hand. I would look into a Mace. I think your echo is a huge option opener for your mainhand. I would look for soemthing like this

+1k dps
900-1k weapon range
STr above 99 to make it worth it. if not then concentrate on CD or those other stats.
AS (maybe...not necessary)
CD (the higher the better so compare to any AS that you find)
LS i would strongly recommend it for high mps
OS, duh lol :)
Vit as bonus...

About your ammy question. I would say the one you got on right now is a beauty, but if the other adds almost 10k dps and puts ur hp about 39k....it maybe a good swap. BUT only till you get additional LS/LoH.
12/04/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Loretaint
Benjamin, you have a great barb, sincerely, but unless you are doing something wrong, you should be able to literally double your DPS from where it is at, and still have no problems keeping WotB up in MP10.

I think it might be down to play style, and i'll tell you why...

I enjoy doing all acts not just act 3 Alkizers...which means there are some areas that you almost need full Wotb up to travel to the next pack of mobs...the dps i have allowes me to regain full Wotb from 2-3 demons standing...ones i do i just frenzy them and run run run like the wind to the next pack of mobs. I can keep this up most of the time and when Wotb does drop the cool down has already passed and i can pop Wotb back up whenever i need it again.

buffed with Wotb i'm at 350k, (415k with full frenzy...which i make use of with elites).

so that's why now i'm just focusing in increasing ehp now. (hint...keeping pvp in mind)
@TranMan,

I like your build man.

I think it's you weapons holding you back the most. I will recomend Echo Fury. If you do end up going that direction try to get a low fear proc, however, if you do ultimately end up going with Echo fury just make sure your getting the most dps for your gold and don't pay much attention to fear proc. I posted earlier of how to look for a good Echo fury on a reply to Threat.

Also, for your off-hand look for a sword. I think that is the most advantages upgrade for gold and dps. What i normally look for in an off-hand is high CD, Str, LS, and OS. Unless you really want to do high mp's you should stay low dps with awesome stats for off-hand. Try to find one with Vit since you have low Hp.

Your CC and CD are solid so don't worry about bumping those unless they are extra in an upgrade.

Your Litany is a good ring....BUT for your barb i would try to find AS. Look for:

Avrg dmg
Str
AR
"AS"
CC
Vit, if you can.

Keep checking Ah for good deals on those items i mentioned. sometimes people post things for real good prices so always browse. but keep saving for a solid upgrade. 25m is a solid start.

Thanks a bunch King! Appreciate all the insightful input and good luck beating down maniacs!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]