Diablo® III

MP 10 WW BARB (giving help/advice today)

12/07/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Intruder
@Shogun/KingBenjamin If you're at 57k DPS I always suggest farming at MP0. Almost always... Higher MP's do not provide any benefit to someone under 100k DPS. The problem with farming at a higher MP level with low DPS is that it will take you forever to kill elite packs. You want to kill elite packs as quick as you can. You also want to swap WOTB out for Rend Ravage or Rend (More Dmg Rune). The faster you can run MP0 the quicker you will level and the more legendaries you will find. A majority of your legendaries will come from elite packs, so more elite packs more legendaries. Even players who have 200k DPS are not farming higher MP's they're sticking around 2 and 3.

It comes down to play style and goals...

Once i was able to do mp10 thats all i farmed because i enjoyed the challenge over efficiency. That's why i said either mp0-1 or mp2 as a challenge/test gear out.

with new gear you want to test it out on higher mps...to see how much faster kills or longer you can stay alive.

Dropping WotB is not something I recommend. This skill is BIG. no other skill can shove off frozens, increase AS, CC and EHP. I've tried going without it, and while you can...and i'm not saying you shouldn't, it is still the best "All Around" skill for the Barb.

About legend drops...I left this a long time ago. I don't farm to get legends anymore. I let them come as they do. I farm for the challenge...but like i've mentioned before it's all about your own play style and goals...
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 12/7/2012 11:48 AM PST
Depending on the DPS (I haven't played MP0 at 50k DPS in awhile) the frozen traps or any other elite pack tools should effect you without WOTB.

This is a great post on how to use rend farming.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/12qsct/farming_efficiently_as_a_ww_barb_in_105_a_more/

Check it out for yourself. WOTB is useless at low MP levels and isn't needed. Elite packs should die ASAP, so if you're wasting more than 10 seconds on them you need to cut back on the MP levels.

EDIT: I do understand play style. I like to farm higher MP levels sometimes myself and see how long I can keep WOTB up, but the fastest XP route and legendaries are going to be lower MP levels with a rend build.
Edited by Intruder#1214 on 12/7/2012 11:54 AM PST
Depending on the DPS (I haven't played MP0 at 50k DPS in awhile) the frozen traps or any other elite pack tools should effect you without WOTB.

This is a great post on how to use rend farming.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/12qsct/farming_efficiently_as_a_ww_barb_in_105_a_more/

Check it out for yourself. WOTB is useless at low MP levels and isn't needed. Elite packs should die ASAP, so if you're wasting more than 10 seconds on them you need to cut back on the MP levels.

EDIT: I do understand play style. I like to farm higher MP levels sometimes myself and see how long I can keep WOTB up, but the fastest XP route and legendaries are going to be lower MP levels with a rend build.

all that you said i agree with IF it works for you.

But, not all barbs want to do this. Some are doing Ubbers all day long. Some like to farm all acts and everywhere. and some are Farming for efficiency...so dont assume all barbs are doing the same thing. Some barbs like to sit and have a beer with no rush....

keep in mind that nothing is set in stone.
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 12/7/2012 12:24 PM PST
I agree with you on play style. It all depends on how someone wants to invest their time. Me personally, I want the most xp and the most drops, and the higher my paragon level goes up with more str, vit, MF and GF.

This method has been tested several times and plenty of information netting total amount of XP that can be earned in an hour running Alkaizer.
Been skipped twice now :( Can I get a review on my Barb? Need to know what's good and bad... and what items need priority for upgrading. Thank you.
@Changg

12/07/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Changg
Been skipped twice now :( Can I get a review on my Barb? Need to know what's good and bad... and what items need priority for upgrading. Thank you.

Sorry about that man.

(small break from work project)

Lets see...

-nice max Fury

-good LS

-I've seen SoJ used for the Freeze mostly on WW barbs....are you using it mainly for just the elites?...I would say to get a beffy Rare ring with Str, CC, Avr Dmg, and CD or AS. some Vit, AR, or Loh would be good balance.

-Everything seems balanced except a bit low EHP....best solution is to add about 50-100 AR and 3-5k Vit.

What I would recommend is that you bump that CC by 10-20%. this is by far the most effective stat upgrade that would make a DPS difference.

-Your hellfire ring is not doing much. Try using the same suggestion as i said for replacing the SoJ.

Rings have so much potential for DPS....10k, 20k, 30, all the way up to 40k dps and i think they still go up.

Just keep that in mind as you are shopping for rings.

Hey just as an experiment try switching Bloodthirst for Beserkers Rage. would be fun to see that 25% dmg...It might work only becuasee you got the 5.4 LS from skorn, 3% from belt and the Rend - Blood Lust. Giver a try...

*** back to work :) *****
oy, king, think you skipped me from like page 9 or 10. review when you get a chance? thanks in advance
Could use some advice on what to upgrade and where to go with my char in general. Have about 70 Mil to work with.
Hi Ben, sorry to hear about being hacked, that has got to be aggravating as hell.

Looks like ive been missed a few times in requesting help earlier but I understand it's got to be hard to get us all. It may also be my breath.

I changed my set up today...went from a 1282 dps Mace (with 100%crit) to the current set up with dual Bul swords.

My crit is exactly 50% now (with shout)

I am wondering where I could do better and if I screwed up by going with swords.

Thank you to any who would care to comment.
I'd love some advice,

haven't played in a while so my budget is low, but was thinking of getting tyreals might, instead of lacunis (cost saver) in order to get the bonus demon dmg, and movement speed,

that way I can upgrade my bracers to possibly strong arm bracers to make up for losing 130+ vit.

atm I can run mp6 solo, act 2. it's slow but do able.
Still giving barb advice today? Do you think I should build a whole new set or is some of my gear ok? I have about 100mil I'd really like to get a really solid farming build/gear set.
@Jambi

12/07/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Jambi
oy, king, think you skipped me from like page 9 or 10. review when you get a chance? thanks in advance

***break...ur next***

Ok,

-MS & LS perfect

CC, CD, and AS are the Three Amigos...

They work right off each other...With CC being the Big Brother.

Get the following:

+10-15% CC
+75-150% CD
Above 2.00% AS...ur at 1.87%

Your EHP is hurting but mainly because low AR compared to DPS. your Hp is good so keep it there...if anything raise it by 2-5k more.

So AR bump by 50-100 to start. 500 is your bench mark.

Your off-hand ring looks like an EHP ring.....upgrade it and swap it for DPS. read a couple previous posts about rings.

Kool man...you got some work cut out but that's the fun part. Stay at the mp you like the most.

***going back to work...next is the one below Jambi***
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 12/7/2012 3:26 PM PST
Review my gears if you get a chance, my weaps were very cheap, holding out for a good echoing fury for teh off hand.

What needs fixed asap ?
I havn't played since before mp was introduced. Is ww the only viable barb atm? Where are the links to the build guides :s
@Grogo

Hi Ben, sorry to hear about being hacked, that has got to be aggravating as hell.

Looks like ive been missed a few times in requesting help earlier but I understand it's got to be hard to get us all. It may also be my breath.

I changed my set up today...went from a 1282 dps Mace (with 100%crit) to the current set up with dual Bul swords.

My crit is exactly 50% now (with shout)

I am wondering where I could do better and if I screwed up by going with swords.

Thank you to any who would care to comment.

I try to not jump around but...

lets do this

-get one more LS stat or bump Loh by 499

-CC and CD are solid. if you want bump CC by 3-5%

-Get more AS. your at 1.69 APS...you want over 2.00%...anymore above that and demons are going to start running away from you.

-EHP is ok. But def neeed to bump it up. Get about 50-75 more AR. and about 2-5k Vit.

-What is going to really help your DPS now is the AS i mentioned but also Str.

Str is going to help you everywhere...so for now aim at 2.9k. whatever you do don't off-balance your gear to get there. Do one piece at a time while keeping your other stats inline.

But, I just saw your weapons....

I think you can find more dps than those currently on. It's a different feeling to take those off. I had a good friend use those for a long time and when he finally switched he had a hard time with WotB but eventually he was glad he upgraded to the old Mace/Ax Mh, Sword/dagger action OH.

Look at what other WW's are doing for this...research a bit before dropping them.
12/07/2012 03:09 PMPosted by AsianVirgin
Could use some advice on what to upgrade and where to go with my char in general. Have about 70 Mil to work with.

You run insanity with blood funnel.
It's possible to use WW with skorn keeping wotb up most time.
You might want to try? Get swing speed 1.34. Swap Thrive on chaos.
Don't use animosity, use blood thrist, and you are ready.

Your ammy is one of your weakest slot. 10%life with 500 base vit => 50vit.
No base str. Change it to a better one, some average damage, 100str, 100vit, cc,cd.
One that you can afford.

Your pants need upgrades.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/7/2012 5:51 PM PST
I'd love some advice,

haven't played in a while so my budget is low, but was thinking of getting tyreals might, instead of lacunis (cost saver) in order to get the bonus demon dmg, and movement speed,

that way I can upgrade my bracers to possibly strong arm bracers to make up for losing 130+ vit.

atm I can run mp6 solo, act 2. it's slow but do able.

Imo getting a low end tyreal isn't going to save you cost. It's a short term fixed.
A low end tyreal will upset your gearing process, as you give up one most important core defensive slot. For those who want tyreal, they should aim for a very good one.

You lack all resist in many parts. Shoulders and pants. They aren't expensive in AH.
Doesn't the fear proc give you a headache on your main hand?
Since your echo isn't those very expensive one, why not change a axe with high dps, cd, socket n str?
May be a stupid question but is APS the same as attack speed?
12/07/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Whitewonder
Still giving barb advice today? Do you think I should build a whole new set or is some of my gear ok? I have about 100mil I'd really like to get a really solid farming build/gear set.

12/07/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Whitewonder

My head starts to spin when i go through your gears.
you try to get big status on certain parts forgoing all resist,
but the outcome, you didn't have good resist nor good status.

Keep mempo, ik boots, probably lacuni for now.
Change all the rest.

100mil is alot nowadays.
More than enough to get you a whole set to farm mp5-6 comfortably.

read this up. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200300874?page=1
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/7/2012 6:14 PM PST
Review my gears if you get a chance, my weaps were very cheap, holding out for a good echoing fury for teh off hand.

What needs fixed asap ?

You got the standard setup correct. Just lack MS 12% more.
Shoulder can be easily upgraded by alot.

Your gems, get 90% one at least.

If you want echo for offhand, you better get LS on MH.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/7/2012 6:38 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]