Diablo® III

MP 10 WW BARB (giving help/advice today)

Any advice would be appreciated. I know I'm low in strength and a little in vitality.
@BadMojo

Replace both your rings. I know you want the 35% from the HF rings but trust me, better rings and you can do at least 2 higher MP and get 15% from each level. You can probably find more balance/better shoulder and pants for a budget too
View profile
@FACExKILLER

12/09/2012 03:38 AMPosted by FACExKILLER
please rate me king. I have 1.92 AS trying to get 2.0. I have 580 base AR. CC is 40.50 trying to get 45% or higher and CD is 488% LOH 800ish LS is 5.80% regen is around 300. I have about 36k life and want more my base dps is 92k ish....Im looking for advice and would greatly appreciate it. I can handle mp 7 uber runs as long as a group is with me. I hardly die in the mp7 ubers....and i almost never die on E's unless its a molten fire chainer....im good at evading i think. umm I just dont know what i should do next. as far as money goes im not rich..90% of my gear is won off bidding. ive never had more than 12m at one time.

Ok, i can't help with the gold issue BUT i think you have done very well on bidding wars. Low budget are going to limit on what you can do BUT focus on balancing gear rather than upgrading for your situation and low budget barbs.

I got to yours a bit late so the stats you stated are a little bit different.

-get more LS
-bump CC by 10-20%
-APS @ 1.85, not bad. get it over 2.00%
-EHP is not bad either, 525,386. Over 600h best.

yes you need a more Hp but it's not a deal breaker right now. Aim over 40k. you can do that right now with helm gem option. but no biggy.

Your weapon choices are on the right track. And i think you got the right idea. given if you had a bigger budget i think you would have picked up higher dps weapons with same stats but with higher numbers.

Stay at mp levels you don't die or take too long to kill of elites.

keep winning.
Thanks for the advice, will do.
Thanks for looking into my profile.
I do have one more Q.

Can you point out what pieces of gear I should look to change out?
I am having a hard time figuring out what I want to give up to get a better gain
View profile
Thanks for looking into my profile.
I do have one more Q.

Can you point out what pieces of gear I should look to change out?
I am having a hard time figuring out what I want to give up to get a better gain

Your Unity ring has the most Upgrade potential.

I like the Avr Dmg, Str, and CC. Even the Loh is decent. But the MF stat is killing that ring.

If you decide to go with another Unity try to look for either CD or AS to replace the MF, however, AR is also a solid choice.

If you decide to go with a Rare ring get, Avr dmg, Str, and CC as base stats. Then look with combos of CD and AS. Try to get AR with either Vit or Loh. AR is priority.

Your pants are well rounded. I would look for similar but with both higher Str and Vit. Don't upgrade if budget doesn't allow to bump all stats. Concentrate on bumping your Vit more than Str but don't go below your current Str.

I'd say those have the best upgrade potential right now.
View profile
12/07/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Whitewonder
Still giving barb advice today? Do you think I should build a whole new set or is some of my gear ok? I have about 100mil I'd really like to get a really solid farming build/gear set.

added friend request.
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 12/10/2012 9:34 AM PST
Hi,

I've got my barb to 60 and tried out some builds, my gear still sucks pretty bad tho, and I want to be able to farm keys and paragon lvls on a higher MP. So I thought I'd gear up and go whirlwind spec. Here's the problem though, I've read a few posts and guides on the spec and not only does it seem very complicated, they ALL say different things on how to gear up, mainly because some are out of date.

So I was wondering if you could answer some of these questions for me. I don't want to go and spend tons of gold on a low dps offhand if I'm not absouletly sure only the attack speed matters, for example. I have like 2 million gold and wouldn't mind spending it if I was sure that this spec would be able to farm efficiently. I just don't want to buy the wrong items and end up in the same spot I am now, farming very very slowly. Ok so here are the things I'm wondering:

1. Stats: Obviously get as much strength as possible on every item, is it ok to skip this on weapons so I can aim for better stats? What about jewelry, should I just try to get the AS/crit chance/crit dmg trifector? Is crit chance the most important stat but I also need strength right?

2. Defensive Stuff: I'm getting owned with over 1000 resist and not so great armor (don't remember how much I have, but when i use shield and armor passives i have over 9k and I'm fine. But with dual wield and dmg passives I think it's around 4k). So how much resists and armor do i need minimum? Why am I getting owned with relatively high resist, is it because everyone else has high life steal and dps, therefore just leeching all their life back?

3. Main Hand: So I'm under the impression that every attack from whirlwind is based on the main hand's damage (not dps). Is this correct? If so, should I be aiming for a high dmg main hand with crit chance/LoH/Life Steal, or what?

4. Offhand: I read that the whirlwind speed alternates between main hand and offhand, but the damage per hit is always the main hand. Seems like the speed of the offhand doesn't really matter here. But then people have said that offhand speed makes tornado tick faster. So that would imply that tornado does main hand dmg with offhand tick speed. I've inspected barbs on the net that have like a 50 dps offhand because it's fast and has some special mods on it. So what are the important points for getting an offhand?

5. Weapon mastery: If I have 1 mighty weapon and 1 axe/mace, will i get the bonus of both if I have the weapon mastery passive? (i.e. 3 fury per hit and 10% crit chance). I heard you need a dagger/sword for the fast speed in offhand so would that mean I must have a mighty wep in main hand?

6. Does the thrive on chaos spec still work? I'm under the impression that with the right gear you can keep wrath up constantly, by using bash on left click for fury generation, just as a backup tho, whirlwind is the main attack, sprint with tornado (more dmg), war cry (impunity), battle rage (the rune which gives fury on crits) and wrath (thrive on chaos); with the passives being ruthelss (crit one), animosity (fury generation) and weapon master (fury generation/crit chance).

7. Did I miss anything important? I just need to understand these general guidelines and then I can go searching for gear.
View profile
Hey man. These are all good questions. Let me take one at a time...

12/10/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Stagnetti
1. Stats: Obviously get as much strength as possible on every item, is it ok to skip this on weapons so I can aim for better stats? What about jewelry, should I just try to get the AS/crit chance/crit dmg trifector? Is crit chance the most important stat but I also need strength right?

Weapons:

Let's talk about MH first.

Your main hand you want high DPS - Averg dmg. Most skills base dmg will come from here.

MH first level stats: CD & OS.

MH second level stats: Str, AS,

MH third level stat: Vit

MH fourth level stat: LS, Loh

My personal favorite WW weapon: Echo Fury. Can be either MH or OH.

Now let's talk a bit about OH:

DPS is always important for either MH or OH. The difference is that with OH your "other stats" can make up for a lot and most of the time they do.

A godly OH will have all stats required plus be a high DPS weapon.

OH first level stats: CD, LS, OS

OH second level stats: Str, AS

OH third level stats: Vit

OH fourth level stats: LoH

OH desired weapons are daggers and swords. If you get an Echo for OH then an Axe/Mace is best MH choice for WW barb.

continue on rings next.......
What is OS
View profile
What about jewelry, should I just try to get the AS/crit chance/crit dmg trifector?

rings and ammys are DPS gear.

First level stats : CC, Str
Second level stats: Avr dmg, CD, AS
Third level: AR, Vit, Loh

A solid ring will have about 3-4 dps stats and from 1-2 EHP stats.

"OS", Open Socket.

Next question 2....
View profile
2. Defensive Stuff: I'm getting owned with over 1000 resist and not so great armor (don't remember how much I have, but when i use shield and armor passives i have over 9k and I'm fine. But with dual wield and dmg passives I think it's around 4k). So how much resists and armor do i need minimum? Why am I getting owned with relatively high resist, is it because everyone else has high life steal and dps, therefore just leeching all their life back?

Defense is more or less EHP - Effectiveness of health pool.

Desired stats:

-over 40k Hp

-Over 2.5k Str (armor buff)

-Above 500 AR

-above 5% LS

-a mix of Life Regen and Loh but sometimes not necessary.

Armor is a stat that you don't really upgrade to, it just comes as you progress and with gear you get. You don't go out of your way to get armor. However, Str is your best way to build armor. For example +180 armor gear stat equals 180 of Str, but Str gives you armor and dps stats.

next Question 3 and 4...
I would like to know what I should work on next, I have about a 2mil limit right now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
View profile
3. Main Hand: So I'm under the impression that every attack from whirlwind is based on the main hand's damage (not dps). Is this correct? If so, should I be aiming for a high dmg main hand with crit chance/LoH/Life Steal, or what?

4. Offhand: I read that the whirlwind speed alternates between main hand and offhand, but the damage per hit is always the main hand. Seems like the speed of the offhand doesn't really matter here. But then people have said that offhand speed makes tornado tick faster. So that would imply that tornado does main hand dmg with offhand tick speed. I've inspected barbs on the net that have like a 50 dps offhand because it's fast and has some special mods on it. So what are the important points for getting an offhand?

These two relate to first question but i'll add this...

Your APS from both hands should aim for above 2.00%

At that rate you will be making solid use of your entire barb set.

You can check each hand APS by alternating swings during in game and watching the stat change.

To get an overall APS check here: www.diabloprogress.com

next Question 3
I'm debating on what I should upgrade next... I want more Attack Speed and get more Movement Speed, and the only option i can see would be to get Lacunis. But if I'd want same stats on bracers, I'd be spending LOTS of millions which i don't have.
The other option would get Inna's Temperance... but by doing that I'd lose almost 300 Vitality... which isn't good...
Any other suggestions? I'm happy with my build now, but wanna try to improve the speed.
View profile
5. Weapon mastery: If I have 1 mighty weapon and 1 axe/mace, will i get the bonus of both if I have the weapon mastery passive? (i.e. 3 fury per hit and 10% crit chance). I heard you need a dagger/sword for the fast speed in offhand so would that mean I must have a mighty wep in main hand?

You don't get both bonus. If you have mighty weapon (no matter what type) you get the Fury bonus.

From experience I have notice that CC bonus from Mace/Axe is more efficient for Fury generator than the Fury bonus from mighty weapons.

This is because Into the Fray skill is based of CC%. When Into the Fray hits you get 15 fury....as appose to 3 fury per hit.

Which is more Fury effective?....my opinion CC bonus. Plus CC hits not only Fury generator but DPS levels.

about OH...see question 1 response.

question 7. I think overall this should give you good understanding of the WW build. ask if you have other quetions.
Thanks heaps for the replies, you missed question 6 though. I just read that the spec got nerfed after 1.0.5, and having never played whirlwind I wasn't sure thrive on chaos was still a good build. Apparently it is, after I read the changes... as long as I'm generating lots of fury it should be worth it right? Otherwise insanity, if my dps is low, to help deal with hard elites.
View profile
6. Does the thrive on chaos spec still work? I'm under the impression that with the right gear you can keep wrath up constantly, by using bash on left click for fury generation, just as a backup tho, whirlwind is the main attack, sprint with tornado (more dmg), war cry (impunity), battle rage (the rune which gives fury on crits) and wrath (thrive on chaos); with the passives being ruthelss (crit one), animosity (fury generation) and weapon master (fury generation/crit chance).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WhcURP!ZdY!cZZZYc

yes, WotB Thrive on Chaos works all the way.

War Cry is not as favorable as before. try other skills...this you can play around to help your barb set.

Use bash instigation for fury generator if needed.

If you don't have a problem generating fury then use Bloodthirst instead of Animosity. But if you don't need Animosity test other skills...also an area where you can play around.

right about all other skills.

edit: IK five set is awesome for fury generator because of the bonus. Look it up.
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 12/10/2012 11:22 AM PST
Yeah, IK does look cool. I'm guessing bul-kathos weps are not worth it because they are BOTH mighty weps? not to mention it seems like they dont spawn very high dps. 1 more thing, so if u get frenzy maniac, ull obviously need to maintain the stacks in between whirlwinding. just how practical is this? I imagine if you have to stop whirlwinding every 5 sec to use a different skill you would lose overall dps but maybe with high attack speed it's fine... What are your thoughts on this?
View profile
12/10/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Stagnetti
Yeah, IK does look cool. I'm guessing bul-kathos weps are not worth it because they are BOTH mighty weps? not to mention it seems like they dont spawn very high dps. 1 more thing, so if u get frenzy maniac, ull obviously need to maintain the stacks in between whirlwinding. just how practical is this? I imagine if you have to stop whirlwinding every 5 sec to use a different skill you would lose overall dps but maybe with high attack speed it's fine... What are your thoughts on this?

Not a big deal all around.

Once you develop the play style you will notice you can keep maniac/punishment up almost 100% of the time. However, focus on MH weapon range dmg...that's the real deal.

in general, maniac/punishment will come in handy and do boost dmg quite nicely.

edit: yes I recommend to stay away from mighty weapons. But don't rule them out...might be the best weapon for your barb set. Test gear as it drops to get a taste of what they do.
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 12/10/2012 11:35 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]