Diablo® III

MP 10 WW BARB (giving help/advice today)

Hey king Benjamin was wondering if you could give me some advice on my current ww setup and my build.

I'm using a skorn but I feel maybe a dw setup may be better but not sure if I would need to change my armor as well if I did that.

Right now I can clear mp5 fairly easily.

I am also having a problem keeping my fury up maybe I just don't have enough?? Any help would be appreciated post back here or in game whichever you prefer thanks!
King, its nice to see so many barbs able to handle MP10. I was wondering, and may have missed it, how are you getting by without WC? I would think your resists would be a bit too low.

Any suggestions on my build would be appreciated. Im working on him atm. I run MP5-6 comfortably.

Thanks
King -
Can you tell me what are my weakest pieces and the cheapest to replace to improve my character? What my stats should be if i want to farm MP8+ efficiently? Right now i can farm MP7 easily but I"m dying too much on MP8 to Fallen Maniacs & reflect damage packs making farming inefficient.
can you give me some advice on my next upgrade? thanks
could you please tell me where to go next?? i have about 140 mill to spend but im just not sure where to go with it. I also have a skorn that brings me up to 125k unbuffed but am dw right now.. thank you in advance if you find time to look at my gear

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mjtha2nd-6170/hero/26322174
Hey King!

Would appreciate your input on my barb! I think that my EHP is too low. But have no idea which equipment i should swap out first!

Thanks!
Me too me too! I'm a returning launch player who set up mostly guided by reading here, and I think my EHP is okay but I'm struggling to add more damage. Can't find an EF I can afford, so I would love suggestions! Thanks man you da bes!
@Nemzz

Hey there, mind taking a look at mine?
Just hit 60 with this Barb recently and had a fun time playing him in higher MP.
Right now I can take down elites as high as MP7, though some affix I find more difficult than others and had cause me a lot of deaths.
Right now MP4-5 feels about right, rarely any death.
What could my Barb improve on gear and skill wise?

I like your skill set, really do. One thing i would change is Rend-Blood Lust instead of War Cry. And if you are feeling experimental, because i'm not 100% it would work, try using Killing Spree instead of Crushing Advance. would be awesome if it works. If not, i agree Crushing Advance is a solid choice... let me know if you do try it out.

First, solid: CC, CD, Hp, and LS.

-One major upgrade is your AS...aim for above 2.00%

-AR get it above 500

-Str aim above 2.5k

-and add that extra 12% MS. I see your not totally comitted to your pants...so I would put Inna's pants and build around that...will slightly bigger challenge. OR easier swap is your Strongarm for Lacunis but you will suffer a lot of Vit and maybe DPS...either way i don't think you can go wrong and either way will be chanllenging.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.
I actually switched Rend to Warcry - Imputiny for the extra defense to top it off with Overpower - Crushing Advance, which overall helps me stay alive more so than Rend's health return. My crit chance is 60% with buffs so I don't think I'll need killing spree for that extra crit. I'll try to work on the AS then AR with my limited budget.
@Nemzz

I like your skill set, really do. One thing i would change is Rend-Blood Lust instead of War Cry. And if you are feeling experimental, because i'm not 100% it would work, try using Killing Spree instead of Crushing Advance. would be awesome if it works. If not, i agree Crushing Advance is a solid choice... let me know if you do try it out.

First, solid: CC, CD, Hp, and LS.

-One major upgrade is your AS...aim for above 2.00%

-AR get it above 500

-Str aim above 2.5k

-and add that extra 12% MS. I see your not totally comitted to your pants...so I would put Inna's pants and build around that...will slightly bigger challenge. OR easier swap is your Strongarm for Lacunis but you will suffer a lot of Vit and maybe DPS...either way i don't think you can go wrong and either way will be chanllenging.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.
I actually switched Rend to Warcry - Imputiny for the extra defense to top it off with Overpower - Crushing Advance, which overall helps me stay alive more so than Rend's health return. My crit chance is 60% with buffs so I don't think I'll need killing spree for that extra crit. I'll try to work on the AS then AR with my limited budget.

Having Warcry, you probably don't need crushing advance. 10% extra crit is not about keeping WOTB up with high crit %. It's an bonus damage to clear monster faster and being more efficient with farming.

If you pick crushing advance, maybe take rend. Rend dealing good AOE damage.
No point going too much defensive skills. More damage also = more survivability.

Edited*
You doesn't use fury generator like bash or frenzy i see. Maybe you need warcry after all. I'll pick killing spree over crushing advance anytime.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/5/2012 3:27 AM PST
12/05/2012 12:37 AMPosted by Deadsider
Me too me too! I'm a returning launch player who set up mostly guided by reading here, and I think my EHP is okay but I'm struggling to add more damage. Can't find an EF I can afford, so I would love suggestions! Thanks man you da bes!

Ef as an offhand 1st most important criteria is having a gd LS MH. The stronger your MH is,the more you benefit from the .21-25ias. Because LS EF is simply just out of question for their high price to most players (including me). Your MH has socket ls, but no crit base. Nvrtheless it's still ok it seem.

Your ehp seems fine. You might want to upgrade your 2 green gems for your weapons 1st.
From current AH, a 1100dps ef with socket only cost 20-30mil. Very affordable imo to most players.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/5/2012 2:46 AM PST
Hey King!

Would appreciate your input on my barb! I think that my EHP is too low. But have no idea which equipment i should swap out first!

Thanks!

King seems buzy, i am free. ;)

You use a skorn for WW, get ias & cc on both rings, gloves instead of cc and cd.
Try to hit 1.34 attackspd without any buff to hit a breaking point for your nados.
You see a huge dps boost also by stacking ias instead of cd, as skorn already has high cd yet low speed.

As for your low EHP, try getting a BT pants with huge vit instead of str. Those with over 250vit aren't so expensive now.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/5/2012 2:56 AM PST
@mjtha2nd

Your biggest mistake is stacking loh on both weapons. From your status and dps, you should use LS. All your equips are rather fine, except your hellfire ring and 2weapons. For the start, you might want to find an axe for MH instead of a sword. 900+dps, base crit, socket, ls, str (optional, best to have though). With that done, your passive will instantly give you 10%cc which is so important in WW built.
King -
Can you tell me what are my weakest pieces and the cheapest to replace to improve my character? What my stats should be if i want to farm MP8+ efficiently? Right now i can farm MP7 easily but I"m dying too much on MP8 to Fallen Maniacs & reflect damage packs making farming inefficient.

Easiest way of surviving reflect is get rend with bloodlust. As for fallen maniac, if you cant kill them in 1secs, just keep a distance from them until they self destruct. Using ground stomp as a secondary skill can also helps alot. Your equips is totally fine. Perhaps it's just the way uou played that makes more of a difference.
Hey king I have almost 580 hours played on my barb, really hard work to bring him upto this state.

please give me advise on how to raise my dps, im very desperate I have around 400 % crit weapon and still crit only around 300k :(
Hey king I have almost 580 hours played on my barb, really hard work to bring him upto this state.

please give me advise on how to raise my dps, im very desperate I have around 400 % crit weapon and still crit only around 300k :(

Seriously ditch your mf in equips and start building some ehp. 27khp is not fun!
Can anyone give me some advice? I'm currently doing well on mp2 but would like to reach mp5 to start farming keys..only have 3.4mil thanks!
12/05/2012 04:59 AMPosted by Astron
Can anyone give me some advice? I'm currently doing well on mp2 but would like to reach mp5 to start farming keys..only have 3.4mil thanks!

@astron

You actually got most of your status correct on each parts.
My advice on your next gear would be a ik belt with some life% as they are general much cheaper than those with vit on them. You gain the 60AR and bash extra damage.
Next, work on rings with average damage, cc & some str. Average damage works best when you have low dps weapons with high cd. Both your weapons have socket and base cd, though low dps.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 12/5/2012 5:12 AM PST
@horngyuh80

thanks, i actually do have a self-found ik belt but rolled with not so great stats..should i forgo attack speed for now and just concentrate on str, cc, cd and average damage? thanks again!!
Hi I really dont know how i can improve my barb without spending tons of gold..
Is the IK set bonus worth keeping? (cause to upgrade those pieces would take much $$$)

Can you please give me some advice on how to regear? (i have 30m) and how much lifesteal would i need to go up to mp 8 or so?

(my profile is not updated yet. offhand is a dagger with 150 crit, and 3 ls. 700 dps. pants are innas with 70+ 2 purple gems vitality)
@king

Thank you very much the info. I will use your advice to make my barb better.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]