Diablo® III

Acid Cloud WD build?

I have every class on LV60, main class barb.
and I would like to start a range class.
I tried DH, pretty good, my teamate has a decent DH with 290k dps, but I would prefer other range class.
Between Wiz and WD, I like WD more, skills are more fun and acid cloud is so cool.

this is what I come up with, and will gear around this build.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aeUdRQ!UbY!acZbbZ

I think acid cloud build problem is how to generate mana, I don't know if this build works.
and also I think stacking maximum mana is very useful too.

anyone using similar build? any advice or heads-up?

one more thing, without any pet, how many AR and Armor and health do WD need to run MP 5?
if I am skillful enough to avoid damage as much as possible with spirit walk and kite with acid.
Edited by MaxiRAoK#3589 on 11/19/2012 10:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Check my build. It may not be sexy but it gets the job done. I use widow maker and vision quest as my mana regen. Im trying to see if the 4 set zuni will replace the widow maker or vision quest but not purchase cheap zuni helm or ring. This build relies heavily in the pets tanking for you and the health globes to provide life to pets and added dps. With the right situation your dps can go double in the screen :-)
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Mozzer
Check my build. It may not be sexy but it gets the job done. I use widow maker and vision quest as my mana regen. Im trying to see if the 4 set zuni will replace the widow maker or vision quest but not purchase cheap zuni helm or ring. This build relies heavily in the pets tanking for you and the health globes to provide life to pets and added dps. With the right situation your dps can go double in the screen :-)

120k dps, good job.

I don't feel that great about zuni 4 set bonus though, 20/sec is not that much.
thank you for sharing, great WD you have, I will study yours.
Reply Quote
My WD use Acid Rain/pets build no problem about mana just drop acid rain every 2-3 second and some grasp of the dead not sure my profile show which skill set up now

MP7 key set run set up
1.Cropse Spider/widowmakers
2.Zombie Dogs /Leeching Beasts
3.Grasp Of The Dead /Rain of Cropses
4.Spirit Walk /Jaunt
5.Acid Clound /Acid Rain
6.Gagantaun /Bruiser
Passive: Jungle Fortitude ,Pierce the Veil ,Fierce Loyalty
MP3 act3 LVing and farming set up
1.Fire Bomb/Ghost Bomb
2.Zombie Dogs /Leeching Beasts
3.Grasp Of The Dead /Rain of Cropses
4.Spirit Walk /Jaunt
5.Acid Clound /Acid Rain
6.Gagantaun /Bruiser
Passive: Jungle Fortitude ,Blood Ritual ,Fierce Loyalty
Reply Quote
I've used Acid Cloud/Acid Rain since I hit 60, and I recently made a farm video for basic effect;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsDgf246rzg

I don't feel that great about zuni 4 set bonus though, 20/sec is not that much.
thank you for sharing, great WD you have, I will study yours.

20/sec is just shy of 30% more from your base of 45/sec, and the 10/kill is massive if you're farming lower MP. It's actually the sweetest part.

after I test my build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SZUdRT!YbU!cbZbba
I get what you mean now, that 20/sec is added to our base regen rate and also if some skill buff it like 30%, that 20 will have even greater effect. and also I feel max mana is crucial too.
since those passive are giving you % of max mana, so if you have like 2000, it will give you 100~200/sec, infinite Acid Rain spam is possible.

I have only tested my build on MP1 and my armory is not up-to-date.
I am using skorn with 1700 LOH, zuni chest and boots, visage of giyua.
will test MP3 tomorrow.

with my CM Wiz and DH partners, survive ok on MP5, since Wiz freeze and grasp plus fighting long range.
any suggestion on tweaking my current build? seems to me spirit walk rune are not good enough. VQ is not that great, may swap with blood ritual, bad medicine or jungle fortitude.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 10:12 AMPosted by MaxiRAoK
since those passive are giving you % of max mana, so if you have like 2000, it will give you 100~200/sec, infinite Acid Rain spam is possible.

The passive you're talking about I assume is Spiritual Attunement. And it's only giving you 1% of your max back. So if you have 2000, you'd get 20 back. Not 200. 20 is what you get from having a 4 piece set of Zuni. And to even try and acquire a 2000 mana pool is insane. Just get a 4 piece Zuni set with a couple of other mana regen items, you'll be fine. I regen 86 and it's awesome. I don't use Dire Bats, but with BR and 86 regen, I can cast them for free.

You want a ranged build? Here's a ranged build with a turret on your head lol.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bXRgUQ!eTc!aYacZb

Leaping Spiders can attack off screen. Acid Cloud can fill the whole screen, or you can go with Dire Bats which can also attack off screen & are half the mana cost if you're worried about mana. Manitou sits on your head like a turret and kills anything that gets close to you. Horrify will send anything running that doesn't die from Manitou and doubles your armor for 8 seconds. Stay in the BBV for a lot more DPS. And SW as an oh !@#$ button or to get mana back if you spammed too many AC's.

I prefer BR over SA mainly because I already have 1000 mana and I like the life regen and 15% off the mana cost. I'm in love with GI since I have a good amount of Pick up Radius. And SV is a must if you don't like dying and do stupid stuff like I do sometimes lol.
Reply Quote
check my gear and build, completely revolves around acid cloud and bleed damage/loh

I use RoT because it is still has the best proc rate for bleeds.
I maximize attack speed for LoH healing and bleed damage.

when I'm in all out standstill spam mode, my bleeds can reach ticks as high as 70k every half second.

I can tank anything up to mp8 standstill.

EDIT: anything above mp4 I swapout the garg for hex because garg just rolls over dead and hex keeps a target completely locked down and in place, against 3 elites it's often the difference of life or death
Edited by grimchip#1549 on 11/20/2012 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have Acid Cloud / Acid Rain (best rune imo) as my main click spell. Sometimes I have Zombie Bears on right click as a more cost-effective means to nuke elites.

I one-shot things on mp1, which is the key to fuel Gruesome Feast and Grave Injustice (get some +pickup radius), so you can keep going nonstop.

I chose 1 attack per second so my Acid Cloud hits big. Alternative is Spirit Walk -> Soul Harvest for damage, which is really fun.
Reply Quote
Check my build.

Been playing WD since release, beat inferno pre 1.03. This build is the best build I've played. 4 piece Zuni might not be a must, but certainly makes this build better.
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 02:57 AMPosted by Vekkul
20/sec is just shy of 30% more from your base of 45/sec, and the 10/kill is massive if you're farming lower MP. It's actually the sweetest part.

I agree that the Zuni mana bonus is worth it, but disagree that you need it at low MPs (well, with my 2-hander, at least). Enemies are dying left and right, so you can use Grave Injustice and Gruesome Feast to keep up your mana most of the time. For spamming Acid Cloud, someone here pointed me to Circle of Life and Sacrifice/Pride. This is an instant mana refill when you run out with the added bonus of massive damage for elite battles.
Edited by Jasonator#1483 on 11/20/2012 11:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
[Cut/Paste from recent Acid Cloud Build Thread]

I basically have 2 AC builds; one for low MP speed farming, and one for higher MP levels. I can solo MP 8 without dying much, but MP 7 is where I usually solo with the second build for key farming, etc.

Build #1:
- Acid Cloud / Acid Rain
- Soul Harvest / Vengeful
- Spirit Walk / Jaunt
- Horrify / Stalker
- Hex / Angry Chicken
- BBV / Slam Dance

- Blood Ritual, Grave Injustice, Spirit Vessel

Comments: Sweet spot is low enough MP where you one shot most trash mobs. SH used to amplify DPS, BBV used against elites, all other skills used to maximize run speed. The large radius of AC/AR makes this very effective.

Build #2:
- Acid Cloud / Acid Rain
- Spirit Barrage / WoS
- Soul Harvest / Vengeful
- Spirit Walk / Jaunt
- BBV / Rain Dance (sub with Slam Dance when grouped)
- Garg / Big Stinker

- Blood Ritual, Rush of Essence, Spirit Vessel

Comments: Not efficient to spam AC at higher MP, hence SB (Bears would also work well, but I've never warmed up to them). With RoE passive, I can infinitely spam SB/WoS. Targeting takes some getting used to with WoS (see other threads for advice).

In terms of gear, if you are really dedicated to AC as I am, you want to get a fair amount of LoH for healing (rather than LS). AC has a sick proc rate, and LoH works very well with it. Also, there are several opportunities to add AC bonus to gear which can boost your DPS very significantly (note, these increases will not show up on your character sheet):

- Visage of Giyua: Can roll 8% CC bonus to AC. My "end game" helm would have 8% CC bonus to AC and 6% CC affix.
- Stone of Jordan: Can roll 7% CC bonus to AC
- Mara's Kaleidoscope: This would be extremely rare, but best possible ammy for this build would be Mara's with 8% CC bonus to AC, that also happened to roll high CC and high CD (though I have never seen one, and would sell in the billions if it went on the AH).
Reply Quote
Thats pretty much what I do except for a few changes
Low MP Build 1
I don't use BBV. I use death is life
I don't use spirit Vessel. I use GF
High MP Build 2
I don't use BBV. I use Jinx
I don't use Big stinker. I use Bruiser
And again I don't use spirit Vessel. I use GF ( Though I don't use GF for ubers I use Spiritual attunement or Bad medicine depending how I feel that day)
Reply Quote
One last thing I'll add to this thread...

Most high-end WD's that get the Zuni set, get a Zuni helm with CC. This means they will get no mana regen from their helm slot. With VoG, you get mana regen by default, but also can get CC and CC bonus for Acid Cloud. So if you compare a VoG user to a Zuni-user with CC:

- Mana regen is -6 compared to 4 piece Zuni bonus (assuming VoG has max 14 regen)
- VoG can roll up to 6 CC (same as Zuni's)
- VoG can roll up to 8 CC bonus to Acid Cloud
- VoG with CC far less expensive than Zuni's with CC

For these reasons, if you are building around the AC skill (not just taking it for heals every now and then), I would strongly suggest VoG.
Edited by BigRed#1100 on 11/20/2012 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
The reason why high end WD chose Zuni over VOG is because high end WD chose skorn for AC builds which means they can't chose mojo and no helm. The 10 mana per kill is too good to pass up.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 11/20/2012 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 10:36 AMPosted by SunTzu

The passive you're talking about I assume is Spiritual Attunement. And it's only giving you 1% of your max back. So if you have 2000, you'd get 20 back. Not 200. 20 is what you get from having a 4 piece set of Zuni. And to even try and acquire a 2000 mana pool is insane. Just get a 4 piece Zuni set with a couple of other mana regen items, you'll be fine. I regen 86 and it's awesome. I don't use Dire Bats, but with BR and 86 regen, I can cast them for free.

You want a ranged build? Here's a ranged build with a turret on your head lol.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bXRgUQ!eTc!aYacZb

Leaping Spiders can attack off screen. Acid Cloud can fill the whole screen, or you can go with Dire Bats which can also attack off screen & are half the mana cost if you're worried about mana. Manitou sits on your head like a turret and kills anything that gets close to you. Horrify will send anything running that doesn't die from Manitou and doubles your armor for 8 seconds. Stay in the BBV for a lot more DPS. And SW as an oh !@#$ button or to get mana back if you spammed too many AC's.

I prefer BR over SA mainly because I already have 1000 mana and I like the life regen and 15% off the mana cost. I'm in love with GI since I have a good amount of Pick up Radius. And SV is a must if you don't like dying and do stupid stuff like I do sometimes lol.

This is great, how much radius do you have? and from which part of your body?
Reply Quote
check my gear and build, completely revolves around acid cloud and bleed damage/loh

I use RoT because it is still has the best proc rate for bleeds.
I maximize attack speed for LoH healing and bleed damage.

when I'm in all out standstill spam mode, my bleeds can reach ticks as high as 70k every half second.

I can tank anything up to mp8 standstill.

EDIT: anything above mp4 I swapout the garg for hex because garg just rolls over dead and hex keeps a target completely locked down and in place, against 3 elites it's often the difference of life or death

this is crazy, I don't know bleed could do so much damage.
what is your AS with skorn?
Reply Quote
11/20/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Jasonator

I agree that the Zuni mana bonus is worth it, but disagree that you need it at low MPs (well, with my 2-hander, at least). Enemies are dying left and right, so you can use Grave Injustice and Gruesome Feast to keep up your mana most of the time. For spamming Acid Cloud, someone here pointed me to Circle of Life and Sacrifice/Pride. This is an instant mana refill when you run out with the added bonus of massive damage for elite battles.

Circle of Life is 10 + your radius, right? how much we need to reach 1/2 screen? 32+10?
and I am interested about your skorn, because I choose LoH 1700 over 5.8 LS to save 4mil yesterday. but I don't know at what dps will LS out perform LoH 1700, 75k unbuff maybe?
if looking at proc on Acid Rain and RoT.
Reply Quote
Fire flash + zombie bear are better with Last Breath, one hit one die, i don't need more damage
Edited by thinhtat#6536 on 11/20/2012 6:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
Acid Cloud/Rain

Rain of Toads.

Do those and you need no mana regen at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]