Diablo® III

Make the Hellfire ring xfer to HC

Wondering peoples opinions on this idea:

Make the hellfire ring be made transferable to level 1 HC characters and Bind to character. This would give ALOT of players incentive to roll a Hardcore character and do the Uber event in SC. If you die you lose the ring with the rest of you're gear as per normal HC rules. And you would need to farm another one up on SC to start a new HC character.

The hellfire isn't that powerful for a level 60 character unless maybe you rolled a 1 in a million chance of a godly roll. Even then would you risk such a ring on HC?

I know personally this would make me want to roll and try HC more. I did it once and died to rubberbanding(Australia). The ring would make it much more fun to level and reroll if you died.

I really liked leveling form 1-60. This would make you feel so powerful and destructive whilst still living on the edge. Makes replayability alot more exciting to me.

Thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
But this also loses the purpose of HC and then SC is not seperated to HC anymore aswell.
Reply Quote
No, it would make 1-60 to easy on HC.
Reply Quote
View profile
it would make having a hellfire ring on HC have no value or challenge.
Reply Quote
I'd hate to die wearing a decent hellfire ring...
Reply Quote
I just know that if it did happen myself and alot of others would give HC more of a go and be less upset when dying a death not due to latency/lag/rubberbanding/DC's.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 11/20/2012 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
This suggestion is not feasible, and I'll tell you why.

Basically this gives a perverse incentive for HC players to farm for their hellfire rings in SC. Why bother to do ubers in HC with the risk of losing your character, accumulated paragon levels and all your best gear when you can just do it in SC completely risk-free?

If this was implemented, you'll see the bulk of HC players doing ubers in SC.

What I think will entice more people to play HC is if they added some sort of DC protection, or improved server stability so that DCs happen less frequently/almost never.
Reply Quote
View profile
Just roll HC without the ring. It's amazing even with the DC deaths TBH.

11/20/2012 06:58 PMPosted by TomPeters

If you tried it out, you'd see that it's extremely easy already with or without a hellfire ring.
Edited by Bnetplayer#1858 on 11/20/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
This suggestion is not feasible, and I'll tell you why.

Basically this gives a perverse incentive for HC players to farm for their hellfire rings in SC. Why bother to do ubers in HC with the risk of losing your character, accumulated paragon levels and all your best gear when you can just do it in SC completely risk-free?

If this was implemented, you'll see the bulk of HC players doing ubers in SC.

This.

Just roll HC without the ring. It's amazing even with the DC deaths TBH.

If you tried it out, you'd see that it's extremely easy already with or without a hellfire ring.

And this.

HC 1-60 in 12 hrs solo. No leoric's, no hellfire, just socketed helm.

Hardcore is exactly as it should be.
Reply Quote
hc is seperated from sc. and that is good. wtf. leave these mods like they are. especially if you don't play hc, don't try to improve it.

My tip: play only one mode.
Edited by ffFiend#2900 on 11/21/2012 3:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
I hope blizz isn't considering bending rules to make hardcore more forgiving or easier. Hardcore is what it is. I don't care if it attracts more players because leveling would be easier.

Getting to 60 isn't hard as it is with -req gear.
Reply Quote
yeah, and then get killed by !@#$ty hardcore servers
don't play hardcore
blizz staff is a joke
Reply Quote
ya, 1-60 would be too easy (and on mp above 0)

but, its a bad idea cause the HC economy is atually pretty good. no need to have more 60s and players who want "medium core" to flood it. the AH in HC is just right as is ... =)

play HC the way it is and accept it, or play softcore
Reply Quote
Thx for the feedback. As a SC player in Australia there is just no incentive to play HC the way it is sadly.

Was only an idea from a SC player. All good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]