Diablo® III

Zombie Dog Sacrifice spec

Does anyone know which Witch Doctor has the best gear for this spec?

I'm looking to build a WD and would like to see a good reference.

Thanks
Reply Quote
anyone?
Reply Quote
Most zero dog builds use very similar gear with minus zombie dog cooldown:

- Homunculous
- Visage of Giyua
- Stone of Jordan OR Hellgrasp (this is personal preference really, I prefer more attack speed from Hellgrasp as it means more life, but Stone of Jordan does more dmg especially if you use this spec for Ubers)

If you still cant get zero cooldown with the above, you can use a Maras... but getting zero cooldown with the above is not that hard. Sacrificing the amulet slot for Maras is generally not worth it unless the Maras is crazy good (it varies so much!). I use Tal's ammy.

The rest of the gear can be like any other WD, focusing on things like all res, armor, crit chance, crit dmg, intel etc. Attack speed is good for safety as it means more spawns and more health, therefore you may wish to consider a Tals Armor or Lacuni. Other useful mods include +life from health globes and some pickup radius. You don't need life on hit, and life leech is not that important but can still be helpful.

You can peruse a list of zero zombie dog players here, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004035658
Edited by hirondelle#1911 on 11/21/2012 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
This guy has pretty high dps for 0cd dogs.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bata-2162/hero/810700

If you want to go more tanky maybe get ice climbers and vitality and %life gear instead.
Reply Quote
I think ABVT, while not the BEST gear is the best build to aim for, because with ideal gear I feel freeing up a passive allows for the most versatility. He has 45 sec cooldown from gear so doesn't need tribal rites.

I think when talking about optimization it looks like this:

45 sec cooldown from gear

Pros- *can use spirit vessel/ jungle fort/pierce the veil

Cons- *Very expensive to maintain good dps/crit.
All reduce CD slots need to be perfect, so harder to get good secondary stats with them. 20 mojo +9 helm+8 mara+8 soj= 45
*Tals ammy with great stats provide more dmg than maras with comparable stats
*longer CD on Hex and BBV

Obviously with the 34sec/Tribal rites build you can basically just switch the pros and cons.

This is by no means exhaustively tested, or measured in any numerical way, so if there are any additions to this please feel free.
Edited by Corpseus#1999 on 11/22/2012 12:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think you go for mojo/soj/helm anyway. Yesterday i spent a lot of time trying to plan it without helm (and considered to put on good mempo with 180Int and 5 crit). But to make that work, not only you need to get very good Soj (7-8 sec reduction and still high elitedmg), but also either go for either skull grasp or mara. And you need absolutely godly skull/mara to compete with other rings/amu. And even with best Mara or skull from AH i got quite bad DPS (tho very good EHP).
Well, if you get Mara with 5 or more ZD cooldown AND 7+ cc AND 70+CD AND some int - then you might consider to go for mempo. Until that - buy visage with crit.
Reply Quote
This spec is hard to get perfect, but when you do it, you feel how good it is. Ive stopped to look better gear when got:

80+k life
650+ allres
3200+ armor
46.5% crit chance (max is 47, include merc)
1.8 attack per sec
life leach on weapon
dps 100k+
30k extra health from globes
7 pickup radius (better 10+ but 7 is enough too)

With that stats you able to faceroll mp10, i prefer mp9 because it faster. Die really rare.

my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zealman-2129/hero/4721442
Edited by Zealman#2129 on 11/22/2012 3:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Damn! @Zealman THAT is the perfect C4Dogz build! I will stalk your profile from now on. lol! But seriously, those are my ideal stats and hope i get there soon too!
Reply Quote
Here's a vid i just made of some Zombie Dog Action, skip ahead about 35 secs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-L765V8vRI&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
I don't get the draw of this build personally.
Reply Quote
This spec is hard to get perfect, but when you do it, you feel how good it is. Ive stopped to look better gear when got:

80+k life
650+ allres
3200+ armor
46.5% crit chance (max is 47, include merc)
1.8 attack per sec
life leach on weapon
dps 100k+
30k extra health from globes
7 pickup radius (better 10+ but 7 is enough too)

With that stats you able to faceroll mp10, i prefer mp9 because it faster. Die really rare.

If i can get the gear you got I think I would stop looking for upgrades.
I am having trouble deciding what to upgrade to hit at least 90k unbuff dps.

my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pixelfancy-1939/hero/25727094
Edited by pixelfancy#1939 on 11/22/2012 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 04:55 PMPosted by xXMundzukXx

being different, and well blowing up dogs for the lawls
Reply Quote
11/22/2012 04:55 PMPosted by xXMundzukXx

It's not for everybody, but it has potential for ridiculous sustain, can heal party members, and does decent damage.
Reply Quote
@zealman... dont u hate the fear proc on ur echo fury since u want mobs within ur sacrifice radius...?

just to add... i would prefer the ring to have the zd cd because ur going to need the +10 cc on ammy... ur losing so much for cc because of the mojo and finding a helm with cc is expensive... if ur getting a mara's with cc that would be awesome... just take note that it will going to cost a lot...
Reply Quote
dunno if you still need a ring and homunc or not but i have some for sale if you need em.
homunc with 20 sec reduces for 70m
soj 5 sec reduced and 29 bonus vs leets for 110m
Reply Quote
did mp10 ubers today with my 0 Dog spec, its a lot of fun and does crazy dmg.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]