Diablo® III

My new barb build- Treasure Find Barb!!

View profile
I have always like picking up as much gold as possible as I lvl and hunt for the best gear and legendaries. With this build I look at gearing my follower as well as myself to guarantee the most gold per hour while farming fast and increasing legend and set drops.

First the gear- now recently I attained 70 paragon today. So obviously the GF-MF bonuses are great and not very gear dependent. The one piece you do need to add though is a Goldskin. This 1 items should GF cap you but its not the cap or the 100% GF that makes this item great its the Proc. Chance of gold to drop on hit. Now running a tornado build with sprint allows for fast farming and also a lot and I mean a lot of hits on mobs. Greatly increasing gold droped since so many hits are taking place as the tornado ticks. With other builds not using sprint then you don't get the great value of the Proc on Goldskin.

Next follower I run enchantress. Grand Viser extra MF and some MF gear. but most important item is the puzzle ring. I get 4-5 more goblins per act3 run. A lot more 63 rares and every so often a legend or set.

Now lets combine it with the skills to pay the bills. I know some have said they tried this skill but in 1.05 and with this gear set up farming act 3 has greatly increased my item drops and gold picked up. That's threatening shout with grim harvest rune. 15% chance on a mob of loot or gold droped. I tried this before was ok but now I revamped it in my play style and its paid off big in the last week!!

A key to what we all do with sprint and mobs anyways is hearding. Gathering them up to either WW or for my build I use Rend. Then casting Threatening shout on mobs of 30-40 monsters yielding a lot more gold and even set and legend drops. As I would normally farm in my paragon lvling. So to me it was a no brainer pick a MP that im fast at. Get my Dps tweaked to that lvl and every 10 secs spam Threatening shout as I lvl giving me more gold and items. In combination of goldskin procing extra gold and extra goblins running around.

I recently hit the 100mil gold pickup mark but this week in fine tuning my build have picked up tons of items and about 12mil gold alone. So why wouldn't I want to increase all this as I grind out my lvl to 100. I have tons of fun and the screen is literally filled with gold droping and poping off monsters with goldskin and threatening shout. Not to mention you never ever run out of fury.

If you love Gooooooooold!! like I do. Then this build is for you. Also gotten some extra sweet rares and set and legends. Any questions hit me up.
Reply Quote
why no HOTA / birthright ?
Reply Quote
View profile
^^
Reply Quote
View profile
You make a interesting point I might try that in some form of a build. Only reason why it wont work as well is. Aoe of the shout on mobs. and its 10% on Hota as opposed to 15% Id have to run some personal test to try some things. Just it would slow down the sprinting casting threatening shout and moving on. Although if you could do both in your build then that would be interesting :)
Reply Quote
Cool build. I'll have to try it out sometime. Your barb also has a nice sky splitter- definitiely one of the more creative players
Reply Quote
Still not enough gold lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Yea. Its never enough that's the addicting part of gold.
Reply Quote
I take it your build is pretty much only for farming Mp0 - Mp2 ?

Your build sacrifices a good chunk of real stats and survivability for these procs.

Furthermore, you speak of " a key to what we all do with sprint and mobs anyways is hearding "

Good WW Barbs don't really herd anymore, the best farming is by being able to 1-shot white mobs with WW and just keeping the speed going from elite pack to elite pack.

It was primarily only people at the lower end of gear who did herding ( ironically increasing the number of mobs made it easier for lower geared barbs to whittle down a large group )

You might want to really look at whether or not you are actually coming out ahead compared to just go-go-go mindless slaughter.
Edited by Darmival#1276 on 11/26/2012 7:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
LOL i would like to build a goldskin babr too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]