Diablo® III

This account has been suspended.. (ERROR 53)

This account has been suspended due to violations of battle.net service policies. please check the account's registered email address for more information. (ERROR 53) Please help me. i don't know how i can get my account back.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
KahbadinmoK,

You'll need to submit a support ticket as we can't discuss account issues like this here in a public forum

This article will lead you through the process.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

The following is a list I've "borrowed" from user MissCheetah outlining the possible causes for receiving this specific restriction (error 53)

Some common reasons players have reported being suspended:

1. Failed transaction - insufficient funds or payment declined by bank
2. Chargebacks
3. Mismatch in Billing, Account, and/or PayPal address and name information. ALL the information has to match.
4. Missing billing information such as a zip code
5. Playing from outside the region registered to the account. For example, if you access the RMAH from Asia when you are registered at a US address it bans you.
6. Playing from a different country than the one you are registered too, even if within the same Region
7. Playing from a country where the game is not legally released (China) or where the RMAH is illegal (S. Korea). Playing from a country where the game is not allowed due to sanctions (Iran, Cuba, N. Korea, etc).
8. I have seen one report where updating the Mobile Authenticator resulted in a suspension. Player claims Bliz knows and it could be a bug. However with only one report so far I am taking it with a grain of salt.
9. False positives - they do happen. Sometimes the software catches something that seems problematic, but when reviewed by a human it is overturned.
10. Lately we have seen quite a few people playing on, and getting suspended on, accounts that are not in their name. Blizzard will only give the account back to the person whose name it is registered in. They do not allow account transfers.

To submit a ticket (required for most suspensions including Error 53):
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-account-administration
How do I contact Account Administration?
Submit a ticket https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit and select Diablo III under the product section. Under the issue summary section input account administration or error 53 suspension if you are getting the error 53 message. Hit the continue to ticket creation button and select the topic:

If you really need to, you can call them to help sort out WHY you got suspended. Sometimes RMAH issues can be fixed on the phone.
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

Some tips for calling:

1. The phone lines are always full these days (They support all of D3, WoW, and Starcraft). Spam dial immediately until you get in queue and then stay there!
2. Cell phones hate being on hold and can disconnect. Use a land line (free in the US) or Skype (free to download and call them with anywhere in the world).
3. Be prepared for a 45 min + wait on hold
4. Be prepared to prove your identity by answering questions or giving Battle.net game keys
5. If you get it resolved on the phone, remember to cancel any tickets you have in the system to reduce the backlog there.
Reply Quote
Ive also been suspended for no reason at all

Have not played in 6 months, now im suspended

Some sneak from Korea hacked my account, you should be punishing those fkin cheats rather than honest players

For shame!
Reply Quote
Ive also been suspended for no reason at all!!
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Your account is never suspended or banned for "no reason". It is not really about you as a person, it is about the actions taken on your account.

Cheetos - The "cheats" who compromise accounts most certainly do engage in ban worthy activities which means your account did not get banned for "no reason". That said, if a compromise can be proven, and you have taken the steps to secure your PC, then you can appeal the ban. They do understand that the account was not in your control at that time and may overturn it. Please remember though that YOU are responsible for all actions on your account and for your PC security. They have the option to hold you to that.

Lin - Please review the list of possible reasons above. You need to figure out why you were banned so that you can decide what the next step is. If it is related to a financial transaction then you can fix the issue and appeal the ban. If you logged in from a PC with botting software on it, exploited the game, or otherwise broke the rules, then the ban will be upheld. If your account was compromised when the ban worthy activity occured then you can appeal.

The appeal process has changed some since Omrakos posted. To appeal a ban or suspension please go to the Support link at the top of the forum by your account. The ONLY way to reach account admin is via ticket. They do not take appeals over the phone. Select D3 as the product, I can't log in, I wish to appeal a ban or suspension.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 3/15/2013 9:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Account was suspended after I JUST finished recovering it from someone who hacked it..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]