Diablo® III

Crafting improvement idea

It's pretty obvious that crafting is currently a poor financial choice compared to other options (AH). Because of this, less people seem to be using it and the choice of vendoring has become more appealing than salvaging.

One idea I can think of that might have a chance of improving this system is based off the idea of the FFXI mmo crafting system. The way it works is it has its levels similar to D3 except there are chances of higher grade versions of that item if you somehow got lucky (like a +1 version or for diablo it could be an extra stat). Similar to our new paragon levels, you should look at maybe 1-50 crafting levels above the current 10 for blacksmith / jeweler. The way you level these 50 levels would be through crafting. You gain x exp from crafting y item.

What is the point of the extra crafting levels? the higher you go the higher chance you have of crafting an item with an additional stat. Items that can roll 6 stats can potentially roll 7 stats.

Also, it would be nice if we could personalize the crafting with the name of the person or their battle tag id so others who see it will know who crafted it.

Thoughts and comments welcome, I just want some kind of improvement to this system.
Reply Quote
Good idea.
Reply Quote
Good idea. I specially feel real positive on the "Personalize" function that was found in diablo 2 originally
Reply Quote
kindly check out my idea as well

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199402346

kudos to all our ideas hope it gets spotted by the blizzard team :)

Thanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]