Diablo® III

Spirit barrage question. helppp :(

since i got that mojo. i think i should not waste it.
but which rune is good?

i am using splinter as primary. and my crits go up to 300k+, and it shoots pretty fast.

i heard alot WDs using well of souls. but it burns mana.
any suggestions?

anyway another question : whats that 1 best primary or passive that i can use to get the most return for mana?
Edited by pBeybq#6872 on 11/30/2012 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Use Well of Souls and use rush of essence as a passive. If you have decent attack speed and mana regen you can spam all day long.
Reply Quote
Wow! Your Chicken Mojo is very tasty.

Look at my build. I've been a hardcore WoS user since early 1.04. :P You may like it.

I have little +mana regen but with both Rush of Essence and Blood Ritual, I can spam WoS for a long time. I take Devouring Swarm because it returns A LOT of mana when I farm. I spit once to start the fight and just WoS continuously. During Uber, I change it to Draining Spirit (haunt).

You'll need to get used to aiming "off" the target a bit to "lure" 4 souls to hit ONE target. You'll know what I mean once you try it more.

Don't worry too much about mana when you use Rush and BR because even when your mana is empty, it comes back REALLY quick. To give you an example, I was testing with a Visaga +12 mana regen and I just keep spamming and watching my Details. At one point, my mana regen was at 154mana PER SECOND... that's as high as it goes for my attack speed.

PS: Holy @#$. You have more than double of my paper dps? I have less dps because I love +sb items but man, you are over 200K.

PS2: Looks like profile has not been updated. That's my Uber build (Hex and Draining). I use Devouring Swarm and Soul Harvest 60s rune when I am not fighting Uber.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/30/2012 10:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've been playing with a build that uses SB/SiW + BR + RoE as a mana engine for bears. It is producing the best results in my Ghom MP7/MP8 testing so far. (Those tests include a +11% SB SOJ not shown on my profile). For single target damage, it's just so efficient:

1. Spirit walk and spam bears until OOM.
2. Kite while firing SB/SiW.
3. back to step 1

With slow 2H, refilling my mana globe in step 2 takes almost the same amount of time as the spirit walk cooldown, which is perfect. Also, the second time you spam bears you will get more of them before OOM due to the delayed returns from RoE.

I haven't had a chance to try this build in normal farming yet.
Reply Quote
thanks for all the inputs.

i tried the "spirit is willing" rune for spirit barrage but it didnt return enough mana for itself, let alone spam bear.

my primary concern is being able to spam bear for ubers. as i am concentrating on it to get my ideal hell ring.

whats the most dps rune for spirit barrage?

and @ worloega. whats siw? br? roe? my bad for not knowing

and @ jibikao. yeah i stack heavy on cc and cd. the rings gave me the most dps. yeah and the chicken too. i got it for 130m. good deal eh. :D

anyway another question : whats that 1 best primary or passive that i can use to get the most return for mana?
Edited by pBeybq#6872 on 11/30/2012 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
The most dps you can get out of SB is WoS when all souls hit. When all four souls hit, you should get 425% weapon damage. You do need to learn how to "lure" 4 souls to hit. They don't always hit the same target and that's a problem sometimes.

You have more mana regen than I do, Rush + BR should allow you to spam WoS for a while.

If you want to spam Bear as well, it may be tough. It all depends on the situation. If you can stand closer to Uber and spam Bear, by all means, that is more damage than WoS. If you are forced to move around or behind something, Soul is probably the best long range attack behind Bear as long as you have mana to support it.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/30/2012 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
SiW = spirit is willing
BR = blood ritual
RoE = rush of essence

At my attack speed of 1.13, the above combination refills my mana globe in a hurry while doing a decent amount of auto-target (albeit single-target) damage.
Edited by Worloega#1821 on 11/30/2012 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ jibi, nice. i heard ppl saying about getting 4 souls to hit the target. i didnt notice it though, i just spam it. no wonder i feel WoS not dealing that much damage as stated. :/

@worloe, yeah prob is i got about 1.6 attack speed. :(

how bout VQ with widowspiders? viable? (means i drop blood ritual)
Edited by pBeybq#6872 on 11/30/2012 2:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
spirit is willing DUDES.

anything else is just uncivilized.

PUT ON PTV + ROE and BR.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:01 PMPosted by pBeybq
@ jibi, nice. i heard ppl saying about getting 4 souls to hit the target. i didnt notice it though, i just spam it. no wonder i feel WoS not dealing that much damage as stated. :/

Here is how it works:

If you Aim at the monster
--------------
If there is only ONE target within 40 yard of where you stand. The main soul will hit that target (you need to aim at it) and the 4 souls won't hit anything.

If there is more than one target, the main soul hit one of them and the other 3 souls hit the rest of the targets, including breakable Objects.

For example, two targets. One will take 230% weapon and the other takes 195%.

---------------

If you DON'T aim at the monsters

Mouse a bit off the target (don't mouse over and show its name), the souls should track and all hit the same target if there is only one target within 40 yard. Sometimes it takes 2-3 casts for the game to adjust to "homing mode". That's how I call it. lol

If there are more than one target within 40 yard, you don't have to aim. The souls should track as long as you mouse over close enough. Sometimes I don't even aim anything and just "pour" the souls in the "general direction" of where the monsters are. They'll track on their own most of the time. You can also hit ANYTHING through any obstacle as long as you know where the monster is. You won't see the damage number, but your main soul can hit it. I've killed Goblin many times when they tried to run to another room. Soul WILL kill it as long as it's within the range. Main soul has about 50' yard.

Yes, sometimes one of the souls would hit the ground but that's about it.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/30/2012 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Spirit. Is. Willing.
Reply Quote
Might sound like a dumb question but I never seen an answer.
How does increases damage by X% work on things like Well of Souls ?
Example Jib has + 36. Is his WoS doing 230+36 and 65+36 (x3) or is it calculated a different way?
Reply Quote
@ sayga - why ptv? doesnt ptv burn more mana? and whats with Spirit. Is. Willing. ??

@jibi - thanks for the precise info man. it sounds fun. and makes WD even more fun. :D
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 03:23 PMPosted by pBeybq
@ sayga - why ptv? doesnt ptv burn more mana? and whats with Spirit. Is. Willing. ??

The idea behind SiW + PtV is that SiW returns 44 mana when the soul hits. The main soul is 230% and you make it stronger by using PtV. Normally don't you use WoS + PtV because the mana cost makes it very hard to keep up. One way to make WoS + PtV work is with Skorn (slower weapon basically) and constantly refreshing Draining Spirit.

WoS' problem is if there are other targets around you, you can't direct 425% at one target. The extra souls will automatically track others. In this situation, focus-fire SiW + PtV has an advantage over WoS.

I feel you do need a bit more mana regen to make SiW + PtV work better. You can even add a bit more attack speed but PtV does make mana cost really high. Test it yourself and you shall see.

I am a devoted WoS user so WoS is both my small aoe and single target attack. As a SiW user, you should also use Bear as the "big hit" when the situation is right.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/30/2012 5:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Might sound like a dumb question but I never seen an answer.
How does increases damage by X% work on things like Well of Souls ?
Example Jib has + 36. Is his WoS doing 230+36 and 65+36 (x3) or is it calculated a different way?

My take is that 36% increases my WoS final damage output to 578% weapon. The 36% modifies everything. I don't know what comes first. +Elite bonus or +SB%.

It is definitely stronger than 425 + 36 = 461% weapon damage.
Edited by Jibikao#1131 on 11/30/2012 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
what a good insight jibikao.

now i feel i dun deserve that chicken anymore. i don't even deserve to be a WD.

the chicken should go to those that know WD well.
Reply Quote
what a good insight jibikao.

now i feel i dun deserve that chicken anymore. i don't even deserve to be a WD.

the chicken should go to those that know WD well.

LOL Just try WoS first. You may not like it. I am a bit weird...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]