Diablo® III

Echoing Fury sold for 7,500 euros

hmm he dont look like he would have 8k usd laying around.... looks like the bots won this weapon.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Swalls
The item may not depreciate at all because the rolls are so perfect. When stuff like that drops rich players would see it as a good investment. Its all about the item score to them.

Well, as long as they will be able to resell with profit, before a new group of legendary will be introduced in the game, or some game mechanics would change and make it less great or if eventually they will quit :)
Edited by OneTyper#2339 on 12/2/2012 12:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
i watched his stream last night. he dies all the time while the other barb and dh dont lol.
Reply Quote
12/02/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Fizzywinks
This game requires no thought. It is easy. And you are killing monsters, not players.

This game is supposed to have a low entry level and attract a wide audience, and moreover keep the audience as much as possible with all sort of gameplay tricks, as we experienced in the past months. Most likely it was designed with a huge gap in term of items from the beginning, so there is always an item to work for, whether you are a casual or a no life hardcore. This game is about to have the skills to get the BEST ITEMS!

Killing monsters is easy because the game developers tuned them to be so. If it was too hard won't attract casuals, if it was too easy, no one would play. So it's basically tuned to an average player, where this average is defined by someone at Blizzard and their target stats, and retuned based on feedback and new targets month after month.

If you believe that killing monsters is easy because they are AI, well, imho you are on the wrong way. The monsters are difficult or complex in their behaviour as the developer wants them to be. They could make them extremely difficult, totally impossible, with extremely complicated dynamics well above any player, but it just wouldn't make sense, it would take more to develop and won't make happy most of the gamers, apart for some really crazy hardcore that I probably would be able to count with my fingers. And a company needs to make profitable games that engage well most of their target, not only the crazy ones.

A simple example:

In Diablo and most of game of this kind including MMO, mobs are triggered once they reach a certain distance to you. The devs could make them more complex, going backward, call for reinfoces, look for elite to defend them, list could be endless of behaviours, and while you expect the mob to attack you, they bring back a strong elite and one shot you half second after you see it, let's make this unexpected several times, and there is a recipe for a ragequit within a wide target.

THis game has a set target to faceroll as easiest as possible (growing with time) tons of enemies with straightforward dynamics, and gain the best items farming. If you want to change the concept of Diablo, then it's not Diablo anymore.

Hope it's clear.
Edited by OneTyper#2339 on 12/2/2012 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Crystal :D
Reply Quote
I agree 100%
Reply Quote
I dont believe that he paid so much money for this weapon, you have to make a printscreen of your auction log and show us.
Reply Quote
Whoever thinks Diablo 3 is not competitive because it doesn't have currently any competitive element integrated is on the wrong path.

DiabloProgress and TwitchTv are the starting points. Diablo progress because they are basically creating an unofficial multilayered ladder and if you get in the top list for something, there is sort of recognition in that, and looks like it's going to get more and more developed and widespread, unless Blizzard will come out with something similar directly integrated, kind of extension to the profile.

Second, streamers are earning money through twitchtv/Youtube and possibly are using those best items to impress their public even more, get more viewers, better streaming profit.

Diablo is a good arpg, but it's subtle ladders, rmah (or let's say very trade oriented gam anyway) and nowadays streaming, makes it more appealing for a certain gamers than other similar games.

To me Blizzard is aligning slowly to what Entropia Universe was trying to do but with their twist, but while Entropia was a lot more niche game, here we have a strong brand in the plate, built on top of WoW and previous Diablo, going forward with first Diablo 3, and possibly with the new MMO, once out.

If Blizzard is able to establish their real money strategy in the online gaming world during the next few years, at some point gamers will get used to it, and more will expect to make money out of a game, and it will get taxed as normal job, once recognized by governments.

You got to be really really really bad in every other game that actually requires skills and are competitive.

This game requires no thought. It is easy. And you are killing monsters, not players.
Ladders have always been about who had the most time to put into the game. Purely. Please describe the skills needed to play this game.

And TwitchTV?What? Most of it just dumb kids who think they might make a buck or two from ad support and donations. What competition? Only a few streams are genuinely entertaining.

You want skill? http://www.twitch.tv/aieron . This guy has NO ARMS and he plays LoL and GW2 PvP with his mouth.

You got to be really really really bad in every other game that actually requires skills and are competitive.

Ladders have always been about who had the most time to put into the game. Purely. Please describe the skills needed to play this game.

And TwitchTV?What? Most of it just dumb kids who think they might make a buck or two from ad support and donations. What competition? Only a few streams are genuinely entertaining.

You want skill? http://www.twitch.tv/aieron . This guy has NO ARMS and he plays LoL and GW2 PvP with his mouth.

This game is competitive from the aspect of having the best geared char possible at the moment (and show off somewhere), and it needs skills and time to play its grinding effectively and math/economic skills and business sense to play the market effectively. PvP is not out yet, so no one knows what to expect.

sorry, no. not even the hardest part, uebers in monster power 10 take a little bit of skill. it takes good gear, or even better: money. this bearded us server wizzard guy with a critical mass wizz (streaming), he can read newspapers while killing the the uebers at mp10. kingkongor got a lot of his gear from his fans and the money for it (gold). if it would self earned gear at least, but - no. D3 is that competive, paris hilton would lead the charts.
Reply Quote
I 'quit' a couple of weeks ago, but this kind of reaffirms why I started losing interest. I can't compete with those guys. Every dollar gained is a dollar towards school. Woe is me I guess.

What makes you feel like you have to compete against them? Why can't you just play the game for the fun of it?
Reply Quote
The guy who purchased the echoing fury is a botter from what I heard. All his gear is perfect.
Reply Quote
this game is fcukd up thanks to an incompetent team of devs that cant figure out how to stop bots

12/02/2012 03:13 PMPosted by dusk
D3 is that competive, paris hilton would lead the charts.

on it!! ;)
Reply Quote
he openly addmited that he makes 30k a month so its not like thats much for him
Reply Quote
lovely weapon! XD~
Too bad the seller earn more than the farmer :p
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Villein
Why would someone want that annoying weapon that fears mobs all over... insane.

I had one not long ago. Not nearly as good as the one in this topic, obviously, but I replaced it with the weapon I have now because the fear was like a 20% chance and it got annoying.

I took like a 5k DPS hit, but it's worth it because ultimately I kill things faster when they aren't running away.
Reply Quote
This is where Diablo 3 fails.
It create items that are so rare that it can't even be sold inside the game without been devalued.
Edited by Donlok#1262 on 12/2/2012 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
WOW, just WOW....money well spent

PS: i lol`d at all the jelly crybabies posting here
Edited by ScHumi#1768 on 12/2/2012 5:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
WOW, just WOW....money well spent

PS: i lol`d at all the jelly crybabies posting here

You're an idiot if you think that was money well spent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]