Diablo® III

Echoing Fury sold for 7,500 euros

lol, that echoing fury gives me +36k dps over my current echoing fury, hahaha.
Edited by Czel#1394 on 11/30/2012 4:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Blizzard is losing massive amounts of money by not raising their RMAH AND GMAH caps.
Reply Quote
Pay to win

It's Learn to buy and Sell to win.
Reply Quote
View profile
so could this echoing fury also have rolled life steal as well?
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 05:03 PMPosted by randallross
so could this echoing fury also have rolled life steal as well?

It can't roll three random properties, only two.
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
11/30/2012 02:19 PMPosted by acrimonious
This just makes me want to play more - we all have the EXACT same chance to find that echoing fury.

I 'quit' a couple of weeks ago, but this kind of reaffirms why I started losing interest. I can't compete with those guys. Every dollar gained is a dollar towards school. Woe is me I guess.

Why do you need to compete with them in a 1 player game??? Like really?? Why do you not quit life too... there are tons of people better than you in life.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Kronk

I 'quit' a couple of weeks ago, but this kind of reaffirms why I started losing interest. I can't compete with those guys. Every dollar gained is a dollar towards school. Woe is me I guess.

Why do you need to compete with them in a 1 player game??? Like really?? Why do you not quit life too... there are tons of people better than you in life.

... lol

/bad logic
Reply Quote
For the record, the exchange was made in euros, not gold: http://i.imgur.com/EYTc5.jpg
Reply Quote
duping = the great equalizer
Reply Quote
8000$ would pay off my car and part of my student loans..
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 04:19 PMPosted by iwonsch
Does anyone know what the most actual money someone paid for an item on RMAH is?

max buyout is $250, I always assumed it was the bidding max as well, blizzard legal liability stuff.

But has anyone ever seen something actually sell for $250 cash?
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Dsybok

max buyout is $250, I always assumed it was the bidding max as well, blizzard legal liability stuff.

Yea, I sold a few things in the RMAH for 250 USD. It's next to impossible to do that now though. I liquidated everything in my stash this week and the most I sold in the RMAH was 300m in gold for 75 USD or something.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:20 PMPosted by xxBarabbasxx
Pay to win. Going to be difficult to find much fun in competing against players with a lot more disposable income than the rest of us.

Spend the money.. If you do not want to than quit crying... You will be rated and fighting others rated on your level...

just that we are talking here about some serious issue.

I am studing about marketing strategies/advertising. And the situation as we have here in Diablo 3 with the auction house and the current evolution is in my eyes, somewhat worrysome.

To make it short, the problem is about something which is called Reactance a psychological effect. I will go here with a definition from wikipedia

Reactance is a motivational reaction to offers, persons, rules, or regulations that threaten or eliminate specific behavioral freedoms. Reactance occurs when a person feels that someone or something is taking away his or her choices or limiting the range of alternatives.

this is exactly what we have with the game in combination with the auction house. The large part of the player base is gaining their items by playing, finding stuff, and selling it over the AH, most of the time the gold AH. If they have enough gold together, they might buy something of high value, something which they will probably not find in the game compare the numbers of items you found that have a value of 5m to items of 20, 50 and 100m for example. Though it isnt the most efficient way of making gold in D3 and gaining items.

I would not be surprised if more and more people will simply lose the motivation with D3 over time. Not because they have a problem with "farming" in general (D2 required a lot of grinding/farming, and it was a very popular game for years). But I think people will lose the motivation because they have the feeling they are wasting their time simply because the only reasonable way to get items is by exploiting the economy or simply to "buy" the items with real money.
Reply Quote
View profile
The reason we have limits on the gold auction house. Is because players will in time be able to amass the amount of gold that the players are asking for those items. Also I say that there is no item that is worth more than 2 billion gold or $250 cash.

The limit on the RMAH is no doubt there to help prevent money laundering. I mean if I were able to price things for $10,000 cash in the RMAH. Then someone that is looking to launder that amount of cash would buy my item and the money then could be returned to him as coming from a clean source.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Dsybok

the first day the RMAH opened I watched stormsheilds for 15 mins and saw at least 10 sell for $250
Reply Quote
@CrniVuk

Interesting read on that but what is really threatened or eliminated here when relating to the AH. First of all, there needs to be a supply in the market in order for anything to be bought in the first place.

Exploiting the economy is a phrase that gets thrown around very often but like trading on the stock exchange/forex, it still has a very large risk associated with it, arbitrage opportunities are really just lucky breaks sometimes, nothing more.

To all the pay2win haters, if you have sold things on the RMAH, then you are really no better. You are essentially enabling the very thing that you dislike. If it is 'what everyone else is doing' mentality that justifies it then you simply lack the principles that you so dearly hold on to. Essentially, your ego is hurt and you just can't hack it.
Reply Quote
Damn
Reply Quote
Blizzard will seize the item from this dudes account and ban him for breaking the TOS.

Guess he'll have the memories though!
Reply Quote
The reason we have limits on the gold auction house. Is because players will in time be able to amass the amount of gold that the players are asking for those items. Also I say that there is no item that is worth more than 2 billion gold or $250 cash.

The limit on the RMAH is no doubt there to help prevent money laundering. I mean if I were able to price things for $10,000 cash in the RMAH. Then someone that is looking to launder that amount of cash would buy my item and the money then could be returned to him as coming from a clean source.

Even as it is with small amounts (up to $250) I believe there's LOTS of money laundering going on between "friend" accounts. I'll bet it works great through the GAH too. Simply sell the gold back to the RMAH & repeat the process endlessly.

There's some ultra illegal stuff happening through Blizzards greed machine and they get a cut of it all!

Sweet deal for Blizzard
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]