Diablo® III

Echoing Fury sold for 7,500 euros

@CrniVuk

Interesting read on that but what is really threatened or eliminated here when relating to the AH. First of all, there needs to be a supply in the market in order for anything to be bought in the first place.

Exploiting the economy is a phrase that gets thrown around very often but like trading on the stock exchange/forex, it still has a very large risk associated with it, arbitrage opportunities are really just lucky breaks sometimes, nothing more.

To all the pay2win haters, if you have sold things on the RMAH, then you are really no better. You are essentially enabling the very thing that you dislike. If it is 'what everyone else is doing' mentality that justifies it then you simply lack the principles that you so dearly hold on to. Essentially, your ego is hurt and you just can't hack it.

It is just a feeling but I dont think people outright "hate" the RMAH. I mean microtransactions have been around for quite some time and people are used with it, in games which have been clearly designed around it, like World of Tanks, Leage of Legends etc. and a lot of more or less successfull facebook games.

But those games usually are about well ... microtransactions, powerfull items which you would buy in D2 have been usually in price ranges of a few dollars, it was pretty rare to have items more worth then lets say 50$. In D3 though there are quite a lot of items which go for far more then 250$. And I am not so sure if all those "gold" they pay for the items was got in ways intended by Blizzard, like simply playing the game, I doubt that someone can really get several billions just by playing as long he isnt a really addictive person who spends pretty much most of his time inside the game almost like a bot. Mots players might get 50 or 100m in a decent time. And I think that is the prices range which the items should go. Not 500, or even 1 or 2 or more billions.

But thats just me.

12/01/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Fizzywinks
Pay to win. Going to be difficult to find much fun in competing against players with a lot more disposable income than the rest of us.

Delicious whine. The amount of people who spend their lives being angry, envious and jealous of everyone around them is incredible.

P.S You don't need that Echoing Fury to progress in the game, or as you simpletons like to put it "Pay to Win". A !@#$ty echoing fury can help you win

depends how you see it. What is "progress" in some item based hack and slay game where you always repeate the same things over and over again to get more loot?

Its part of the mechanic! Eliminate it, and you remove something which makes the game. It has a reason why many games dont go with something similar. Because people dont feel to well about it, as they expect a certain experience from the game. I am sure not blaming people which buy their content, if that is what they chose.

Its more that the price of the content as we see it in D3 is completely out of this world ... this AH and particularly the RMAH are a nice experiemt in my eyes. But the more time is passing, the more I think it is not really a good thing in the long run.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 12/1/2012 4:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
It really is a perfect EF :)

TY op for letting me kno how much the perfect ones are worth, i would have posted it for 2B and been none the wiser.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Skittles
The crazy thing here is there is still one roll on that EF that isn't perfect (the 40% damage could have been 50%).

No, the % was in fact the max.
The min, max and the str rolls were actually not quite perfect.
Reply Quote
maybe some blue has to report to dev team this kind of incorrect market and ban the player who has done this illegal trade
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 04:38 AMPosted by Aspyde
maybe some blue has to report to dev team this kind of incorrect market and ban the player who has done this illegal trade

Why is it illegal to do an ingame trade of 40 billion for the very best item? You are allowed to do player to player trades. Why else would there be a trade window and trade chanel? There is even a trade forum right here....

If anyone is to blame for this its the AH cap. 2b cap is simply way too low.

items selling for 40B is enough proof that it needs be raised.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
@ detox and others, defending the practice of payings substantial amounts of r/l money for in game advantages has led us down this slippery slope. You SIR ARE THE PROBLEM, HAVE SOME INTEGRITY IN GAME AND IN YOUR OWN LIFE!!!
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
Anyway that EF sucks, I sold one the other day that had 2 sockets, 10 percent crit chance and 100 percent crit damage that was about 1500 dps. I felt nice and sold it for about 10 million.
Reply Quote
The morale to this story
Respect Blizzard's TOS ... believe in price controls .. wear their handcuffs ...use their auction house .. and get RAPED!
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:19 PMPosted by acrimonious
I can't compete with those guys
what is there to compete?
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Airdance
Anyway that EF sucks, I sold one the other day that had 2 sockets, 10 percent crit chance and 100 percent crit damage that was about 1500 dps. I felt nice and sold it for about 10 million.

LOL?

Only Manticores can have 2 sockets, and no Echoing Fury has a 10% CC, and even if it's true that you got a 1500DPS EF with a Soc and sold it for 10M, you're the biggest clown who screwed himself over. /facepalm

Fail Troll is Fail.

DH Stun Build Trolling Elites and Ubers on MP10
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178978741#1
Edited by JaceAltair#2678 on 12/1/2012 6:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
there is allready 2 of them out there...nice dupe still going on blizz
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Madskillz

LOL!

:NO:

That's just a bug in Diabloprogress. . . check the wizard and it doesn't have an Echoing Fury on.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/19410870

And I checked my characters items on Diabloprogress too, and it turns out I've got a duped item myself, one that I found myself that is, it says I've got two Blackthornes Pants one on my Barb, one my DH even though my Demon Hunter is wearing an Inna's Temperance.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/975133

DH Stun Build Trolling Elites and Ubers on MP10
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7178978741#1
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Madskillz

i don't know why many ppl in this forum like to post before they think?
Reply Quote
Isnt the personal gold cap like 3b?

How do people get payed more than that then, tons of radiant star gems?

There is no personal gold cap...

Topic really confuses me. Not sure how this relates to pay to win at all. These items are overpriced like hell due to getting perfect rolls while giving minimal improvements compared to items that are a fraction of their cost. The trade wasn't even done using the RMAH so uh.... what's your point.

12/01/2012 02:20 AMPosted by DeadRu
Wake up! It sold for game gold not 12,000. To convert game gold to a money amount and then say that the item sold for the money amount is lame. So some guy that botts and has a lot of gold bought it. The fact that the trade site is one that has been a blight on Diablo forever speaks volumes.

http://i.imgur.com/EYTc5.jpg

It sold for 7,500 euros. Learn to reddit.
Reply Quote
View profile
Wow, for €7500 you could buy a crappy used car, or a really crappy new one.
Edited by TheNoseKnows#1451 on 12/1/2012 10:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
is that echoing fury really that good? no life steal, annoying fear proc
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Skittles
The crazy thing here is there is still one roll on that EF that isn't perfect (the 40% damage could have been 50%).

Someone probably already corrected it, but that isn't true. EF maxes at 40%. The min dmg was off by 1, the max dmg was off a bit, and the strength wasn't maxed. I believe the base dmg could have been a bit higher too (but that doesn't have as big of a range in D3 as it did in D2 I think).
Reply Quote
View profile

No, the % was in fact the max.
The min, max and the str rolls were actually not quite perfect.

Just for clarification, Echoing Fury is actually only a level 62 weapon, and that is why 40% is the maximum. Of course, it was dropped from a level 63 enemy or the 100% crit damage wouldn't have been possible. And there are still people saying MP0 is the best to play at, lol.
Edited by TheNoseKnows#1451 on 12/1/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 10:08 AMPosted by TheNoseKnows
And there are still people saying MP0 is the best to play at, lol

it is for act3 cause the mobs are lvl63 there anyways.

but a1+2 must be mp1+ otherwise waste of time
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]