Diablo® III

Echoing Fury sold for 7,500 euros

Due to legends being quite common, you'll probably be seeing many more near perf items that people will want, once this happens. Blizzard will introduce some sort of runeword system, or new gems/attribute and maybe even higher tier items. Legends aren't legends if they're common.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Ogamy
Due to legends being quite common, you'll probably be seeing many more near perf items that people will want, once this happens. Blizzard will introduce some sort of runeword system, or new gems/attribute and maybe even higher tier items. Legends aren't legends if they're common.

Uhm that item will never be common, RNG is still RNG and it's been over a month now since double legendaries and this is the only one like to pop up in all that time. The probability is far far too low, that's winning the lottery.
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:31 PMPosted by acrimonious
Acrimony I respect you and all, but I just can't see why you feel it's necessary to "compete" with those guys. It's gonna be hard to be the absolutely best geared player on the server, just like it's hard to be the best football player. People with money will have advantage, period. Even if RMAH doesn't exist, a rich player could still pay money to get best gears in black market. Even if all the gears are account-bound and cannot be traded, a rich player can hire a team to farm all the gears for himself. The privileged has advantages over the under-privileged, in and out of the game. That's just how the universe works.

I'm just disappointed that all things being equal, a player who plays the game and plays to gear will always lose to the one who has enough disposable income to outbid everyone else. It sucks and I realize that's how the world works, but I was really hoping for a level playing field.

100% incorrect. Your grasp of the game is non-existant. No doubt you sold your gear and quit because you were simply a bad player.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Kiwi
We need to locate this guy. I don't care if you are Bill Gate's son or Saudi's prince but if you paid this kind of money for a game item that will be wiped of its value in another few patches down the road, you need serious help.

lol
Reply Quote
Anyone who pays that much for an in game item (made of pixels of various colours), either needs a lobotomy or is laundering money. The police should really look into this as a potential exploit (which if found true will have in game money making banned^^)!

PS. But just a question... HOW can anyone ask 40,000,000,000 gold for an item when 2,000,000,000 gold is the MAXIMUM Allowed for any single item?

This must be a hoax.
Edited by Santa#6589 on 12/1/2012 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Synol

I'm just disappointed that all things being equal, a player who plays the game and plays to gear will always lose to the one who has enough disposable income to outbid everyone else. It sucks and I realize that's how the world works, but I was really hoping for a level playing field.

100% incorrect. Your grasp of the game is non-existant. No doubt you sold your gear and quit because you were simply a bad player.

http://i.imgur.com/G3ymQ.jpg

Better than you.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 01:38 PMPosted by vortexwolf
1. Why is he wearing it in offhand instead of mainhand?

Does it matter? He has +10% crit chance anyway. As to tornados from RLTW, I heard that they deal damage from the last used weapon, and not only from the main hand as it was believed earlier.

It does matter because the +atks will also speed up the attack rate of the current main hand axe. The tornados only base damage off of the main hand weapon and only the attack speed is altered based on the last weapon used.
Reply Quote
All I can say in these threads is anyone who is willing to compete on the same level as Flippers/ The wealthy can and will be able to get well geared. As anyone can see i only have like 8500 elite kills all added up theirs no way I found all my gear, Your right! I found a single piece of what my barb is wearing (Vile ward) Otherwise i sat painstakingly in front of 2 screens for hours and hours sniping things on the cheap and turning a profit, i was eventually making about 75$ a day, Added with my previous earnings and 250$that my brother put on my Bnet account for my birthday and I was able to get the gear I have. My mom Lives on 35,000 dollars of alimony a year; I work part time at staples. Yes the rich are advantaged their is no doubt But we can compete if we so choose! But most of all I agree with the concept that we shouldn't even care to compete, Looking back I wish i had just made a monk and did the damage I like to do not just as much damage as possible, If i could i would of just played and not just RMAHED myself an uberbarb I hope this story enlightens a few people.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Thorr
All I can say in these threads is anyone who is willing to compete on the same level as Flippers/ The wealthy can and will be able to get well geared. As anyone can see i only have like 8500 elite kills all added up theirs no way I found all my gear, Your right! I found a single piece of what my barb is wearing (Vile ward) Otherwise i sat painstakingly in front of 2 screens for hours and hours sniping things on the cheap and turning a profit, i was eventually making about 75$ a day, Added with my previous earnings and 250$that my brother put on my Bnet account for my birthday and I was able to get the gear I have. My mom Lives on 35,000 dollars of alimony a year; I work part time at staples. Yes the rich are advantaged their is no doubt But we can compete if we so choose! But most of all I agree with the concept that we shouldn't even care to compete, Looking back I wish i had just made a monk and did the damage I like to do not just as much damage as possible, If i could i would of just played and not just RMAHED myself an uberbarb I hope this story enlightens a few people.

Yeah it didn't. There's a reason why you only work at Staples.
Reply Quote
Why's everyone mad?. First off, IT'S NOT YOUR BLOODY MONEY.
Second thing, If the guy wants to pay that much and he's able why bothering?.

It's just like in the real-world, you have money, you can be driving a Ferrari, you're poor, well, drive a Toyota\Mazda\Suzuki\Skoda ..etc and be happy about it.

Diablo 3 is nothing less or more. You equip a 100k gold Echoing fury someone else equips a 7,500 Euros one.
Reply Quote
There have been a ton of threads for, and against the RMAH already, which have discussed the different viewpoints in so much depth already. They all seem to confirm this to me..

-Some people are able and willing to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours playing, to improve their gear and gain paragon levels.
-Some people are willing to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars (a few days pay), to improve their gear and gain paragon levels.
-Some people are not willing to do either of these things and progress at their own pace.

-People with hours to spare, generally disapprove of the people with money to spare.
-People who do not spend time or money, generally disapprove of both people with hours to spare and those with money to spare.
-Both people with hours to spare and those with money to spare, generally disapprove of those who don't spend either but feel like they should have all the same things as those who do.

I don't generally see people who use the RMAH complaining about how unfair it is that blizzard doesn't put a time limit on how many hours you're allowed to play a week, to make it more fair for those who don't have as much free time to spend playing.

That being said, I don't care how much money I had, I would not spend that much for that item.
Reply Quote
this game is stupid. people buying pixels are stupid. people (still) playing d3 are stupid.

this game is horribly broken and it revolves around the auction house money funnel.
Reply Quote
Honestly, I find this rather disturbing and depressing. I hope you're proud of yourselves, Wilson & Company. Taking the "game" out of games.
the thing is, this item would have been sold any way no matter what, no matter if it supported by blizzard or not It will be sold on E-bay. or some 3rd party sight. And some one will buy it. As if blizzard can follow peoples emails. and as if blizzard can tell you what you can trade gold for an item for. They are just giving into the system that was alive and well with D2. People every where have bought and sold items in D2. D2 is one of the main games that started the gold and item selling sights, and ever quest, and ultima online.

our government needs to take a que from blizzard and legalize and regulate !@#$%^-*!, people that do them will do them, and sell the drugs them selves.

Oh by the way these always make for very entertaining threads, i love to read them.

7 str short of the perfect?
Eww, brimstone that !@#$.

But on a serious note, I don't give a %^-* if someone buy that for 12k$.
They can buy a full suit for all their character for a million $ if they feel like it, I don't care, and neither should you.

You won't compete against them. It's an Elo system.
If they are much better than you, they'll raise up the ranking while you stay down, so you'll never fight them again. You'll fight against people who have a ( gear x skill ) similar to yours.

That being said, I really really really reallllllllllllllllllly hope someone buy a suit for like $100k and then Blizzard release PVP items that are all BiS over that $100k suit, rendering them obsolete for PVP, and also significantly reducing their worth ( due to people wanting items for PVP ).

In theory yes this works.. but..

There isn't enough people playing D3 for this system to work. You either have a bunch of people on the top end with similar gear, or a few people on the lower end who can't make ends meet.

Combine that with not everybody wanting to do PvP, and a system that does not encourage people to come back in any way shape or form, your left with a system that doesn't work.

What your going to have (as many have predicted), people sitting in a cue for hours on end waiting for an opponent. Completely useless and discouraging.

People seem to be under the false assumption that a ton of people still play this game. Completely disregarding the amount of bots that make up the total numbers; how many people are still pissed off about the lack of class balance and the skill system..

How many in the end are really going to plunk themselves in the cue outside of those that grind on a regular basis for items trying to get some sort of advantage over some random opponent.

All one really has to do is look back in the threads and take note about how many people are complaining about the class balance, useless skills, and if players are actually going to be using the gear they're finding, to see what type of ratio for those who are in favor it.

Just a wee hint.. not many are in favor of it.
your false assumption that the game lacks players, is hilarious. An item being valued at anything greater than 5k signifies a really live and active item based game. 1/10 nice try at trolling
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Gunghoe
your false assumption that the game lacks players, is hilarious.

your implication that the suckers (like me) who bought this game haven't ran from it in droves is as "hilarious" as your misuse of that comma.
Reply Quote
If I recall RLTW nados base damage off the 1st weapon swung and rate of tick based off last swung.

Dude has it in his offhand sot that the fear proc doesnt go off as much.

No. RLTW damage comes from the main-hand. The attack speed of the tornadoes is based off the attack speed of the last weapon swung.

........yeah. reading comprehension is fun isn't it?
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 02:30 PMPosted by Ogamy

thing is just, that those items are not common, thats why they go for 40b gold in the first place.

And it shows whats wrong with this whole economy.

To say this. It is alright that some very rare and perfect items have a high value. But seriously more then 8000$? Is that in any sense reasonable? A honest question here. I am not talking about if people have the money or not, we are after all talking about a game, virtual items. Again is it reasonable to have a loot system that is so random allowing such high differences between the same items where you find the same item twize just that one of them is 500 000 gold worth and the other 1,2 or 5 or even more billion gold worth?

Dont be surprised if a lot of people will simply drop D3 in the future as they have the feeling that you can never ever progress and get better gear in the game by simply playing - what ever if that is true or not isnt the point, its about the feeling people have.

Diablo 2 had the same issue when the game started. Took a lot of criticsm. They changed it over time. If they dont work on that in D3 then I am afraid I have to say that I dont see much motivation in the game anymore. And I am someone who really likes D3 a lot.

12/01/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Thorr

Oh yes it does, but youre not telling me something new here. I realized already that simply playing the game is not in any way "efficient" when you want to gear up in D3.

And one of the old Diablo developers, Brevik said it the best.

Its much easier to hunt for Gold in D3 then for items. And it sums up the game as whole. Now dont get me wrong please! I am not complaining about you or blaming you for anything like some other silly individuals do it eventually. I am blaming Blizzard in some way. Because I am one of those people that have grown up with a different idea and expecation from a hack and slay game particularly a game like Diablo where we always had the feeling that playing for items should be the goal, not learing the economy of the auction house.

I guess I am getting "old" then. But those "new" kind of games are really not made for me. Even if I would flipp items, I just cant feel any joy in it. Becaues I have not started the game for that kind of experience. And I am somewhat pretty sure the intention by Blizzard behind teh AH was not to gear up by flipping either.

Kudos to you if you take your time to learn the AH. Really. But I guess D3 is not my game. Took me only almost 30k elite kills to realize that. Well done blizz. Well done. As a blizz fan and long time Diablo fan I can say this. I will be very very carefully about my next purchase regarding a Blizz game, and definitely avoid any game with auction houses. So much for sure.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 12/1/2012 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Conclusion: Idiots can be found anywhere... whether this story is true or not, 9 pages worth speaks volumes.
Reply Quote
hi guys :P
for now its the best item ingame ,so its ok going away for that amount. top1 items are allways worth much more than top2-10...
Reply Quote
11/30/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Curly
I do not reply to topics but the last part of yours needs a response. This is a game, I do not understand people who whine about players who may be better off or have more disposable income. Do you want every player to have access to the same income pool? Or maybe, you can work harder and earn more income. So what if someone else can buy godly gear and you can't, just play the game and have fun. I do not know how old you are but the younger gerneration needs to quit whining about so much. Also, it does not matter how well off you are, there is always someone who has more. So just play, have fun, and don't worry so much.

So right. It's called Communism... and it sucks.

Competition is why it's possible to be rich. You take away the ability to become rich and make life "easier" (or in this case, the game), and everyone becomes poor.

Simple economics... as exemplified by Diablo 3. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]