- Uses sectral blade as one of the main source of damage
- Casts spectral blade without interruption due to casting other spells
- Refreshes cool down quickly without using twister
- Is great for speed farming
- Most importantly looks awesome! :D ... like this
You might want to try this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WQXSfh!egW!aZaacc
Demo MP10 - updated 12/17/12
http://youtu.be/WaMbW4rFPb0Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WQXkfh!egW!aYcbcc. The new thing is to use Mocking Demise + Fracture to actively ignite mirrors. I did it with LS from weapon and ~800 LoH from gears.
- Spectral blade - deep cuts: highest proc rate among other blade runes
- Ice armor - frozen storm: slows down enemies, activates cold blooded, adds some procing, damage, 12% melee reduction & makes this build look awesome!
- Critical mass
- Cold blooded
Other skills: if you have to cast frequently, it must not take turn so that it will not interrupt spectral blade. I would reccomend those skills:
- Energy blast - chain reactions: one of the main damage dealer and also can proc a little bit.
- Diamond skin - crystal shell: for survival
- Magic weapon - depending on situations. One fun reccomendation: use electricfy rune in dense areas.
- Teleport - pick your favourite one
- Slow time - slow, damage or AS rune.
- Mirror image - very useful against nightmarish, knockback & can break frozen, jailer...
- Conflagration - if you have fire damage e.g. from chantodo's will
- Glass canon
As my main priority is to keep spamming blades continuously, I do not choose some popular skills such as twister, meteor, nova as they will interrupt it. By keep spamming blade you can also get the most damage out of it.
Game play: hold down spectral blade & spam DS, ice armor, EB whenever they are ready.
To give you some ideas about requirements, in the clip I ran this build with:
- 2.46 AS - 50%CC
- 9 APoC
- 470 LoH
These are probably minimum requirements. If you die too much or it takes too long too kill, go to a lower mp level. For me, I do speed farming at mp3-4, gears farming at MP7 with more LoH or LS.
Gear suggestions (updated 12/03/12):
- High AS & high CC is really good --> chantodo's set is preferable. However you will have to choose between CD & LS. My choice is chan will with OS & no APoC force with high vit & blade bonus.
- 1 source of APoC is more than enough.
- >1000 LoH or decent LoH + LS
- If weapon have no LS and you have high DPS, keep a LS weapon in the bag for reflect damage mobs. Mine is a LS chan will.
- Boost EHP with high vit/armor/AR gears. One of my favorite is Tal helm... or Mempo if you can afford one with good CC.
- >20 movement speed.
- Well rolled SOJ is highly recommended for elites.
Build variations: (revised 12/05/12 after some further testing)
Hydra Blade: I call it that way because those are two main damage dealers.
The build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WQkSfi!TgW!YZZcca
I came up with this build while trying to make it less dependent on CM and to take advantage of healing blades.
- In short: DS, EB & 1 passive are replaced by familiar, hydra & arcane dynamo. Deep cuts is also changed to healing blades.
- Arcane dynamo boost damage of hydra for its lifespan => huge damage. This make hydra a great replacement for EB, even better than EB considering not-so-great proc rate of the build. Proof:
- No DS & EB means less dependent on CM. I only keep CM to refresh teleport which is my favorite. Illusionist does not work very well for me due to high mitigation & HP.
- As it is much less dependent on CM, healing blade is now a great rune for the build. This actually improves survivability significantly, even without DS!
Possible variations from this:
- Yes, shocking aspect could be a good one as it boost damage a lot. However, I like frozen storm much better as it looks awesome and gives me decent crowd control ability; it also adds damage and procs.
- Magic weapon runes (revised): Blood magic for a solid 6.5% LS for high MPs. For low MPs speed farming, electricfy should be the best.
- Mirror/duplicates is recommended for high MPs and can replaced by sparkflint for low MPs speed farming (revised).
- If you don't need CM, drop it for other skills to boost damage or defense, such as conflagration or blur...
Your thoughts and comments are very welcome.