Diablo® III

A true spectral blade build (w/ MP10 vid)

After testing around for a while, I think I got a viable build for mp10 with decent damage. Below is a clip with a phase beast pack in mp10. It took 2 mins to take 'em down which is pretty good considering I was using a LS chants will. http://youtu.be/WaMbW4rFPb0 It is basically the first build but Crystal Shell, Magic Weapon and Worm Hole were replaced with Shards, Mocking Demise and Fracture. The cool thing here is that we can actively ignite mirrors by teleport fracture making mocking demise very useful.

The build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WQXkfh!egW!aYcbcc

@GratzDude
Yeah the point of mirror is to help you disguise yourself, so your position after casting will be random to confuse enemy (especially human opponents in pvp). I think you may want to try mirror in the new way that I posted above. Basically, mirror then facture to a new position immediately to ignite them when they are still close to stun enemies.

I see you want to make use of lightning skills to proc paralysis. I love to stun enemies too! I'm sure spectral blades + lightning damage does proc paralysis. I tested with electrify too but unfortunately even with both skills, mobs were rarely stunned. Best skill to proc paralysis now probably is Living Lightning.
Edited by Rock#1954 on 12/17/2012 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 01:51 AMPosted by Rock
Best skill to proc paralysis now probably is Living Lightning.

ive just read tht lightning hydra procs paralysis quite a bit
Reply Quote
good work, check out my new soj got it for 10mill bid on a 35mill max bid. How much was that ammyyyy!?
Edited by RulerEric#1854 on 12/17/2012 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
@Eric: ooh, a sexy bargain :D I'm looking for a cold one in case I drop ice armor as I'm stuck with my new ammy. That cost me 2/3 of what I told you at first if you remember :D
Reply Quote
@yems: thanks for the info yems. Tested. It does proc but poorly :(. Btw, nice sword!!
Reply Quote
I've been rocking my spectral blades build since the game first came out, or once I got to 60 that is. Nice to see that others use it too (but not too many). I will have to try your particular builds, and keep an eye on this thread.
Reply Quote
Black weapon + trium is a really good option - I picked up a cheap echoing fury & a triumvirate and they boosted my DPS by 3k. At low MPs, they worked better than my chants set. However, at high MPs, they were worse than chants set due to low AS. Its hard to find a black weapon comparable to chants in terms of AS & damage, not to mention the 7% elite damage reduction.

Blizzard is definitely a good choice and it is boosted by AD too! Both blizzard & hydra + AD can speed up low MP speed farming a lot - get 5 flashes then drop hydra or blizzard then teleport to next area ;)

I hope I'm not necroing this thread, but I found a high DPS (1380) EF w/ 1.55 APS that works pretty well... also has 460LoH. No socket/CD tho :-(
Reply Quote
This is similar to my build, glad to see people are finding out about Frozen Storm.
Reply Quote
I nabbed a cheap source w/ 14% SB damage and nice CC/APOC and just rockin now. i gotta try FS now. LOVE this SB build + AD to charge disintegrate/intensify :-)
Reply Quote
I hope I'm not necroing this thread, but I found a high DPS (1380) EF w/ 1.55 APS that works pretty well... also has 460LoH. No socket/CD tho :-(

I have been lvling a Monk recently so I didn't check this often. Yeah it should work fine. Last time I ran the build with LS 1.55 AS sword and either chants force or trium. The only reason I drop chants will for that sword is just LS.

I nabbed a cheap source w/ 14% SB damage and nice CC/APOC and just rockin now. i gotta try FS now. LOVE this SB build + AD to charge disintegrate/intensify :-)

I'm glad you love it! With the coming buff, blade/AD/blizz will be great too!
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7789828950

Love it even more now :-)
Reply Quote
I'm going to switch to this build when I get home. Can Explosive Blast be switched out for Blizzard? I love blizzard...
Reply Quote
View profile
resurrect this thread!!!!

i now have a blades chanted, soj, skullgrasp and mara's! go team!!!

is anyone still using this type of build??? how is it going? anything new with the new patch???
Reply Quote
Hi Mojo~
Your gears look just fine for a blade build! You might just want to switch from strongarm to rare bracers as knockback is better for long range builds.
Bizzard would be a good one after new patch and you are already using it. The blade+frozen storm+EB combination would work great at low MPs, probably good for low MP essence runs. That's my favorite blade build!
Reply Quote
View profile
at the risk of sounding newb - what's EB?
Reply Quote
@mojo - EB=explosive blast, and probably usign chain reaction rune or that other one with increased damage and increaded aoe
Edited by Amos#6777 on 3/17/2013 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
thanks! i'm just a bit down that i feel so incredibly weak. i'm used to my monk where i can stomp around in the top MP's. it feels so weird to just get wrecked in MP3-4.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]