Diablo® III

Unsure whether to use this Hellfire Ring

Last night I got the following Hellfire Ring. The problem is, I had just bought a decent Crit/AR ring, and while it's a damage increase, I'm not sure if its worth using. Here are the stats.

Hellfire Ring
194 Int
8 Attack Speed
499 Thorns
6 Crit Chance
8999 Health Globes

Current Rare
32-59 Damage
133 Int
74 Vit
70 All Resists
29 Crit Damage
Open Socket w/ 42 Int Gem

The Hellfire Ring is a 7,000 damage increase, but I lose the Vit and Resists. For a long time, I've been hesitant to believe damage increases from haste, since I keep hearing how it increases paper DPS but not real DPS. I do, however, want to eventually move away from bears and towards either pets/DoTs or Spirit Barrage spam. I believe the haste would help at least the SB builds. What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
use hellfire ring for the exp bonus. same with the helm, use exp gem.

keep both until you are at least p50.
Reply Quote
Couldn't I put it on a follower if I just wanted the xp bonus?
Reply Quote
12/03/2012 08:03 AMPosted by David
Couldn't I put it on a follower if I just wanted the xp bonus?

the bonus gets reduced from follower. but u should put one on follower as well.
Reply Quote
View profile
80% reduction on follower so you are only seeing 7% exp bonus with a hellfire ring. Like Nerzaa said... put one on him though. I craft a few vitality hellfire rings for my followers.
Reply Quote
I LIKE !@#$%
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't believe in experience gems or Hellfire rings unless they have good stats. If the Hellfire makes sense for you and doesn't drop your defensive stats too much wear it. If not give it to your follower.

There is no reason in this game to get higher Paragon levels. Yes you get a few more base stats and MF but you can do the same with gear. Put a topaz for MF or an amethyst for health in your helm and don't worry about Paragon levels.
Reply Quote
I don't believe in experience gems or Hellfire rings unless they have good stats. If the Hellfire makes sense for you and doesn't drop your defensive stats too much wear it. If not give it to your follower.

There is no reason in this game to get higher Paragon levels. Yes you get a few more base stats and MF but you can do the same with gear. Put a topaz for MF or an amethyst for health in your helm and don't worry about Paragon levels.

+1
Reply Quote
keep it bro...thats a hella nice one u crafted there.

with ur current build it'll benefit, pets benefit strictly from "paper dps" and the extra AS from the ring wont hurt you with the mojo u have.

your total AR is already good enough and you're only loosing 74 vit which is around 2.5k 3khp
Reply Quote
mine drop me down way too much, still thinking about putting it on my WD but I don't like that big of a drop on dps.
Reply Quote
MP1-3Hellfire
MP4-10A better ring.

That is the biggest bonus to paragon levels. With follower I'm able to cap MF with just pants. Giving the bonus to HP in the helm and other gear slots to better dps/survivability. Not to mention that the base stats add up. Buy gear to boost stats, but don't grind exp to boost stats. Sounds kind of silly, just do both.
Reply Quote

actually this information is drastically incorrect.. as far reaching Plvl100 with no exp bonus, it takes hundreds of hours more of gameplay. go read a lvling chart and compare the difference it takes. Plvl100 compared to lvl 20 is like a 240 main stat difference, which is basically the amount of INT you'd get from a BiS pants, chest or Vile Ward. to say that's not a big amount is silly

there is a reason people were sacrificing massive amount of DPS and eHP to stack Cain's set, Leoric's and Rubys before Hellfire rings were introduced
Reply Quote
View profile
02/04/2013 04:29 AMPosted by kkmmnn
Plvl100 compared to lvl 20 is like a 240 main stat difference, which is basically the amount of INT you'd get from a BiS pants, chest or Vile Ward. to say that's not a big amount is silly

It seems to me that most people that grind experience quit the game or start a new character after P100. It's not a couple hours play to hit P100. It's a dedicated play style.

That play style to me is boring, and has no challenge.

It seems like one big huge burn out to me to chase paragon levels. But some think it's worth it.
Reply Quote

That play style to me is boring, and has no challenge.

So you tell other people to not bother grinding out paragon levels because you find it boring?

While you may not "enjoy" grinding levels, you can't argue with the results.
Edited by Jimbob#1821 on 2/4/2013 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
what a nice 0dog HF ring ....

it's a great CM wizz ring too , why i can't got ring like that , i made more 40 rings ..... nothing good ...

After 1.07 , high MP got way more XP , HF ring will become useless any way
Edited by Herozheng#1164 on 2/4/2013 9:54 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]